Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:50 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

and i thought he was going to get the golf club award.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then inform yourself about what Bibi has said about Obama and their relationship, and don't just repeat some old Glenn Beck lines. Romney tried to make claims similar to yours, saying Obama has thrown Israel under the bus, to which Bibi said (in Meet The Press) "that is simply not the case and simply not my position."

That is another way of saying Romney lied, and Bibi said this publicly just before the elections. Who do you think Israel wanted to win? Not Romney.

I guess Israel is getting tired of being a pawn in the US partisan games. Netanyahu actually said he was "being pulled into US Elections", and he was not too happy about it.

About the accusations about Obama, Bibi said ""I'm always pleased and happy to have a conversation with President Obama,"

About Iran he said "It's really not a partisan political issue."

And about Obama helping Israel with the Iron Dome defence syste, and publicly affirming Israel has the right to defend itself.

Netanyahu thanks Obama for 'unwavering support'

As the cease-fire took effect, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu thanked President Obama for his "unwavering support for Israel's right to defend itself."

He also thanked U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton for helping broker the truce, which he said he agreed to so Israelis could "return to their normal routine,"
Yeah right,....when all else fails throw in Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh or Fox News. I noticed you purely ignored the three items mentioned in my post. What's wrong with addressing the questions instead of dancing around the issue like a chicken on a hot stove?

Obama refused to meet with Netanyahu in September 2012 because he "didn't have time",...but had time for Whoppi Goldberg. Obama even refused to meet with Netanyahu when the prime minister offered to come to the White House because of Obama's staff's excuse that they wouldn't be in New York at the same time. Second snub.

And you simply ignored the fact of the conversation between French President and Obama caught on open microphone.

Yep,....and the ultimatums/demands delivered by Obama to Netanyahu immediately after Biden's visit to Israel. Are you lefties so blind that you can't see Peres trying to put a bandaid on an open wound?

Obama deserves this honor about like the Nobel one.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Yeah right,....when all else fails throw in Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh or Fox News. I noticed you purely ignored the three items mentioned in my post.
Actually I threw in Netanyahu's own words, which I told you to study, but instead you keep insisting that Glenn Beck and Limbaugh's personal opinions give a better picture of Netanyahu's mindset. The items you mention are nothing but Glenn Becks talking points. Why should I be interested in discussing them, when I have the choice of studying the words of the very man we are discussing?

Hey, whatever gets you through the night.

Quote:
Obama refused to meet with Netanyahu in September 2012 because he "didn't have time
Obama was in NYC on Tursday, and Bibi did not arrive until Thursday. As a matter of fact, the Meet the Press was the same week where Bibi made the comment "I'm always pleased and happy to have a conversation with President Obama' which was in response to the very claim you are trying to make. He said he and Obama talk on the phone all the time. You see it a "snub" because Glenn Beck and FOX says so, but Bibi did not see it that way. Now, who should I listen, you, or Bibi? I think I'll go with Bibi.

It's too funny to see people react like this just because Israel wants to honor Obama for being pro-israel.

You don't need to speak for Israel, because they are talking on their own, and their words and your words are the complete opposite.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Actually I threw in Netanyahu's own words, which I told you to study, but instead you keep insisting that Glenn Beck and Limbaugh's personal opinions give a better picture of Netanyahu's mindset. The items you mention are nothing but Glenn Becks talking points. Why should I be interested in discussing them, when I have the choice of studying the words of the very man we are discussing?

Hey, whatever gets you through the night.

Why didn't you just admit to being a liar and go ahead with the conversation?

Must really be dark when one has his head so far up Obama's butt......

Old 02-18-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Why didn't you just admit to being a liar and go ahead with the conversation?

Must really be dark when one has his head so far up Obama's butt......
Insult, when everything else fails. The anger and resentment follows you everywhere you go.

You don't need to speak for Israel, because they are talking on their own, and their words and your words are the complete opposite.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Insult, when everything else fails. The anger and resentment follows you everywhere you go.

"Fox News,...Glenn Beck,....Rush Limbaugh".....when all else fails.

When one can't address the question and dances like a chicken on a hot stovetop he uses the above "excuses",....'Beck/Limbaugh/Fox News'.

Carry on. SSDD.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,308 times
Quote:
Obama to receive special award in Israel

President Obama will be getting a special award when he visits Israel next month.

Obama will receive the Presidential Medal of Distinction, the office of Israeli President Shimon Peres announced Monday.

The first sitting U.S. president to receive the award is being honored for making "a unique and significant contribution to strengthening the State of Israel and the security of its citizens," said the announcement.

Obama is expected to be in Israel on March 20, part of a Middle East trip that also includes the West Bank and Jordan.

Last year Obama awarded Peres the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor in the United States.
Hmmmm....reading between the lines, it sounds like the Israelis are placing a medal around Obama's neck to recognize his giving Israel billions in missiles and drones to wipe-out Palestinians and for allowing over 2,500 American soldiers to fight the Muslims and die on Israels behalf.

Last edited by dorado0359; 02-18-2013 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 02-19-2013, 04:49 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Hmmmm....reading between the lines, it sounds like the Israelis are placing a medal around Obama's neck to recognize his giving Israel billions in missiles and drones to wipe-out Palestinians and for allowing over 2,500 American soldiers to fight the Muslims and die on Israels behalf.
The 2,500 American soldiers are not fighting Muslims or dying on Israel's behalf.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Hmmmm....reading between the lines, it sounds like the Israelis are placing a medal around Obama's neck to recognize his giving Israel billions in missiles and drones to wipe-out Palestinians
The Iron Dome defence system which the US funded for them, and Obama's pro-Israel comments during the conflict has a lot to do with it.

Quote:
and for allowing over 2,500 American soldiers to fight the Muslims and die on Israels behalf.
No clue what you are saying there.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The 2,500 American soldiers are not fighting Muslims or dying on Israel's behalf.
Just never mind the billions that are taken out of our economy and given to the Israeli government, while back here in the states every government run program goes broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies