Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times

Advertisements

Maybe because the other party's goal is to cut social programs and planned parenthood, perpetuate the drug war, and is largely comprised of closet racists.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So what you are saying is that no one cares about Blacks.
green_mariner, regardless of color or gender no one cares about you more than you care about you. Again, look what any politician say to get you're vote then look at what he or she does once in office. Are you getting the results you voted for? Has there been any improvement? If you believe the answer is yes and believe Obama and the Democrats are doing a great job for black Americans don't vote republican. It's as simple as that.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:44 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Can you provide a link or any information where republicans show they are racist?
Racist or not the effect of Republican policies are racist. In 2000, The Republican Sec'y of State purged 20,000 black voters from the roles. That was a direct effort to suppress black voting. The more recent efforts requiring voter ID and reduction in early voting has the same effect. The message is clear from the GOP, the Republican Party is no friend of blacks.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:50 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
green_mariner, regardless of color or gender no one cares about you more than you care about you. Again, look what any politician say to get you're vote then look at what he or she does once in office. Are you getting the results you voted for? Has there been any improvement? If you believe the answer is yes and believe Obama and the Democrats are doing a great job for black Americans don't vote republican. It's as simple as that.
This is how I see it. My family had more financial struggles during part of the Bush administration than we do know. As a family. Personally, I struggled during latter part of the Bush administration, I did okay during 2009-early 2012. Now I'm currently having problems. For me, it hasn't mattered who was in office.

And no one would care about me more than myself and my family. I was merely asking someone else a question.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Racist or not the effect of Republican policies are racist. In 2000, The Republican Sec'y of State purged 20,000 black voters from the roles. That was a direct effort to suppress black voting. The more recent efforts requiring voter ID and reduction in early voting has the same effect. The message is clear from the GOP, the Republican Party is no friend of blacks.
As I said, you support and defend Obama and Democrats so they must be doing the right thing by you then keep voting them in office to do more of it.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Maybe because the other party's goal is to cut social programs and planned parenthood, perpetuate the drug war, and is largely comprised of closet racists.
First I am a capitalist who voted republican. My mother is on social security and I am also near retirement age. Both my mother and myself paid into social security so no I don't want it played with but I do not want but worse I do not want it bankrupted either. Unfortunately we have too many people on it who don't belong on social security taking away from the rest of us who paid into it. You believe that Obama is the party of fairness, so how is a bankrupt social security by the time I get there fair?

Planned parenthood, I don't believe any side will let it go away, it can't because if it was not in existence then mothers will abort in the alleys. I do believe there should be reasonable restrictions when someone can abort though.

Perpetuate the war on drugs? I am not sure what you mean by that.

Closet racist, so you accuse people you don not know of specific beliefs and traits but at the same time you practice the same thing. hmm ironic isn't it.

I will repeat again and again. If you believe Obama and the Democrats are helping black Americans who are in poverty, helping the out of poverty then they are doing their job. If that is the case, then if I were you I would vote democratic too.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The Sec'y of State in 2000 was appointed by Bill Clinton.

How many white voters were purged then?

You have to show ID in Ohio to vote. Have had to for decades.

Plenty of blacks vote in Ohio.

Basically what you are saying is blacks are incapable of securing an ID card. Or they are incapable of voting on election day. And you say others are racist? lols. You might wanna look in the mirror.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:57 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Perhaps for the same reasons that the majority of Asians and Hispanics vote Democrat...

Old 04-11-2013, 06:31 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Perhaps for the same reasons that the majority of Asians and Hispanics vote Democrat...
Better yet, why do so many people care so much why Blacks vote Democrat? More Asians and Hispanics have voted Democrat than ever before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies