Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 03:37 PM

15,120 posts, read 8,698,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Between 1.2% and 2.2% of Americans identify as Jewish. Why is my Coke Kosher? Why are my potato chips Kosher?
A more intelligent question might be why are 80% of the big movie producers, movie actors, and the entire movie industry dominated by such a small group? You might want to ask why said group is so over represented in the halls of congress, or why 2 Billion of your tax dollars per month leave on their journey to Israel. I think that's slightly more important than cokes and potato chips ... but that's just silly ole me thinking out loud.

Quote:
While we, as a whole, feel quite alright with catering to this particular conviction (like others, I don't give a hoot if my food is Kosher or not), homosexuals are not asking to be catered to. All they ask for is equal rights. It's not so difficult to understand, is it?
Only the sleep walkers are OK with small groups having disproportionate power ... a lot of people do not feel "quite alright" about it.

Furthermore, homosexuals are not just asking for equal rights, unless you can rationally explain why homosexuals have an inherent right to force homosexual politics into the classrooms of grade schoolers ... which of course, you cannot.

Quote:
Alas, I wonder what your personal cut-off point is. How small does a given demographic have to be in order for it to be alright to oppress them? And since I am sure you have no idea what the term "oppression" means, here is a clue: Unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power. You know, everybody has a legal pathway to marriage - just not you, you are not equal. Because you are GAY!
Please state the section and article of the constitution that relates to men wearing wedding gowns, or for that matter, from what granted authority does the government have any power to be involved in who marries whom? I cannot find it .. perhaps you can point that out for me?

Quote:
And no, not being able to push your personal religious viewpoints onto other is NOT considered oppression. Generally, we call it freedom.
Ah, it's amazing how someone can hold such a hypocritical view, and be seemingly clueless to their own hypocrisy! Of course, parents have no right to object to their 7 year olds being indoctrinated with homosexual politics, because that is bigotry. But the mere mention of God is a crime against humanity?

Leftism is a mental disorder, which is why most homosexuals are dyed in the wool, Marxist leftists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 03:37 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,133,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Thirteen years later the law that banned interracial marriage, in the sole reamaining state with such law, was deemed unconstitutional by the SCOTUS.
What I bolded and underlined is not true. 16 states had such laws in 1967, and Loving v. Virginia invalidated them all.

Procedurally, Alabama was the last state to repeal its law banning interracial marriage. They did so in 2000 via a vote by the people. 60% voted to remove the law - 40% voted to keep an interracial marriage ban in the law.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,185,360 times
...and this is important enough for you to start a thread on...why? How does this number directly affect your life?

Old 02-19-2013, 03:42 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,516,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and this is important enough for you to start a thread on...why? How does this number directly affect your life?
I understand how someone who is gay will have a particular interest in news regarding their lifestyle.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:42 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,489,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
parents have no right to object to their 7 year olds being indoctrinated with homosexual politics, because that is bigotry.
But let me guess, indoctrinating kids to hate homosexuals would be just A-OK.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, not really 11 million. There were 200,000 responses to Gallup organization telephone poll-takers, from which the Gallup staff made further assumptions afterwards. Let's remember, though, that this is the same polling organization which was so horribly wrong when it came to polling and predicting who would win the Presidential contest in 2012.
The exit polls were off too.

The facts are, it's not the votes that count as much as who counts the votes. And we know for a FACT that there has never before been more rampant voter fraud occurring in the United States, than we've seen with Bush, and then Obama. (just so there is no confusion about that being a republican or democrat monopoly).

You get what you're given ... you don't get what you ask for, and neither you nor anyone else has the foggiest notion of who voted for whom, or how accurate the final count was. You have only a story that is fed to you by a controlled, corrupt media.

You just choose to believe what you're told to believe. Go Mexico!

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 02-19-2013 at 03:56 PM..

Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,117,086 times
3.5% is 11 million Americans.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
But let me guess, indoctrinating kids to hate homosexuals would be just A-OK.
You're full of straw men today, aren't you?

I don't care for Brussels Sprouts ... I think they are nasty tasting, and smell just as bad. Does that mean I'm a Sprout-o-Phobe ? Or that I hate green vegetables? No ... I just don't care for the taste of them. If you like them, fine. I have no problem with your eating them. Nor would I care to embark on a mission to teach children to dislike them either.

But just as you have a right to like them, I have a right to say they are the nastiest tasting things in the vegetable world. That's freedom!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:57 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,489,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You're full of straw men today, aren't you?

I don't care for Brussels Sprouts ... I think they are nasty tasting, and smell just as bad. Does that mean I'm a Sprout-o-Phobe ? Or that I hate green vegetables? No ... I just don't care for the taste of them. If you like them, fine. I have no problem with your eating them. Nor would I care to embark on a mission to teach children to dislike them either.

But just as you have a right to like them, I have a right to say they are the nastiest tasting things in the vegetable world. That's freedom!
LOL. I used that very same analogy on another thread.

Where it breaks down, in your case, is that no one should have any desire to ban Brussels sprouts, the way you apparently want to ban same-sex marriage. Or have I misread you?

Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,671,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This fixation with other people's sex lives....
Its more of a fixation of a large part of the "barely scratch the surface of research" voters, who take an "easy" topic to fight for like gay marriage and run with it. Ignoring the true problems this country faces. Not really having to work hard and inform themselves.(don't worry this is a problem on both sides)

That is where it becomes a problem. Awhile back I had posted a report of about how even though the actual population is only 3-4% gay, but if you polled the average american, the majority of people thought about 20% of the country was gay. You really think of this when you watch TV, seems most shows nowadays, have a huge "gay" message that in dis proportionally higher then reality. But whatever if people like to watch it, then they have the right to watch what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies