Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,852,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Kids are not being indoctrinated. And even if they were, we allow religious extremists to brainwash kids, so it's quite the double standard.
Strange, isn't it, that some people equate teaching kids its wrong to bully the gay kid with "indoctrinating" them in the ways of the homosexual.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,674,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Kids are not being indoctrinated. And even if they were, we allow religious extremists to brainwash kids, so it's quite the double standard.
What religious extremist?

Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 AM

15,101 posts, read 8,650,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
Then he would find out that on average gay couples have a higher income, make better neighbors, and are better housekeepers. It would WRECK the fantasy he has built up in his head about those dirty nasty F#@$.
Don't forget the other comparative factors of homosexuals to the general population. Homosexuals have:

Higher incidence rates of alcohol abuse

Higher incidence rates of drug abuse

Higher incidence rates of STDs

Higher suicide rates

Shorter life-spans.

But they are good house keepers!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,137,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Don't forget the other comparative factors of homosexuals to the general population. Homosexuals have:

Higher suicide rates

Shorter life-spans.

Many due to the way the LGBTQ community is treated. More reason to support equal rights.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:51 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,307,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
and 98% aren't Jewish
and 98% aren't Mormon
and 97% aren't redheaded
and 98% aren't Native American
Redheaded and part Native American,
I always knew I was special.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,112,399 times
Quote:

Higher suicide rates
And that's a true shame. It goes to show just how immoral it is to mistreat and reject people simply because they are gay (especially gay kids). Greater societal acceptance would drastically reduce all of these problems in the gay community, and thankfully that's starting to happen.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,307,747 times
Quote:

Higher suicide rates

Shorter life-spans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And that's a true shame. It goes to show just how immoral it is to mistreat and reject people simply because they are gay (especially gay kids). Greater societal acceptance would drastically reduce all of these problems in the gay community, and thankfully that's starting to happen.
Maybe we just want our children to avoid those high risks, lead a fuller
normal life, and go to Heaven.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,852,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Maybe we just want our children to avoid those high risks, lead a fuller
normal life, and go to Heaven.
I can only imagine the panic, denial and consternation that must go on in your household if one of your kids turns out to be gay.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,336,181 times
I will give gays marriage equality if they give back my TV shows. lol. So tired of seeing it on my screen. NOT because I have any moral issues with it, but because I find unrelatable.

I'm not gay-bashing when I say this. I truly hope gay people get equal rights in all states and discrimination against them ends.

But imagine if every movie you ever saw had the feel of a Lifetime movie (read: overly sentimental, woman-centric). Not everyone likes that kind of movie or finds it relatable. I feel the same way about gay comedy or melodrama. I'm not saying that those issues should never be addressed on TV, just that it doesn't have to be on all shows in every episode. I'm so over it. And if the 3% percentage is true, then please quit forcing this lifestyle on us. It's over-represented just because it's somewhat novel. I'm over the novelty.

While I'm on the subject, I would also like for gays to stop campaigning that homosexuality is a normal lifestyle. It may be an emotionally healthy lifestyle, sure, but normal it's not. Normal means average, meaning 50% of the population to which they're referring and if it's only 3% (or 3.5%, whatever), then it doesn't mean the textbook definition of normal. It's not normal. It doesn't mean it's wrong, just that it isn't "normal". Like if I grew a third ear, that doesn't make me a bad person and people should still treat me fairly. But it's not "normal".

Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,225,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I will give gays marriage equality if they give back my TV shows. lol. So tired of seeing it on my screen. NOT because I have any moral issues with it, but because I find unrelatable.

I'm not gay-bashing when I say this. I truly hope gay people get equal rights in all states and discrimination against them ends.

But imagine if every movie you ever saw had the feel of a Lifetime movie (read: overly sentimental, woman-centric). Not everyone likes that kind of movie or finds it relatable. I feel the same way about gay comedy or melodrama. I'm not saying that those issues should never be addressed on TV, just that it doesn't have to be on all shows in every episode. I'm so over it. And if the 3% percentage is true, then please quit forcing this lifestyle on us. It's over-represented just because it's somewhat novel. I'm over the novelty.

While I'm on the subject, I would also like for gays to stop campaigning that homosexuality is a normal lifestyle. It may be an emotionally healthy lifestyle, sure, but normal it's not. Normal means average, meaning 50% of the population to which they're referring and if it's only 3% (or 3.5%, whatever), then it doesn't mean the textbook definition of normal. It's not normal. It doesn't mean it's wrong, just that it isn't "normal". Like if I grew a third ear, that doesn't make me a bad person and people should still treat me fairly. But it's not "normal".
A survey of prime time characters found only 4% were gay. Hardly overwhelming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies