Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
No, it is not discrimination. Communists and their supporters are exempt from federal employment discrimination laws.

You'd think some one who "can see Russia from their house," to borrow a catchy if erroneous phrase, would actually know what Communism is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 11:41 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
I think it's great that employers were warning employees. That way they knew it might not be a great time to go out and buy a new car or spend big money on a vacation, etc.

Most people I know who've lost their job got no warning what-so-ever!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:51 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I find it difficult to respect people who support Obama myself. I have no problem with someone being a Democrat and voting for Obama to keep Romney out of office, the same way I held my nose and voted for Romney to keep Obama out of office. But people who sincerely support Obama make me question their character.

Fast & Furious, the black panther voter intimidation, telling the Russians he would be more flexible after the election, suggesting Isreal return to 1967 borders, calling Sandra Fluke, Solyndra, recess appointments when congress wasn't in recess, attacking Libya without consulting Congress, using executive orders to get around the law, Benghazi, gun control, the now it's a tax now it isn't individual mandate, letting the oil spill go for weeks before responding, ending his term with the same level of unemployment as he started despite a trillion dollar stimulus, using reconciliation to pass Obamacare, forcing religious organizations to cover contraception, suing Arizona, the beer summit, raising the debt ceiling after calling it unpatriotic, doubling the deficit, having contraception be free for women, assassinating American citizens without trial, the Lily Ledbetter law, doubling food stamps, repealing welfare work requirements, denying American exceptionalism, reauthorizing VAWA.

Even if you're liberal, Obama should concern you. I mean every President makes a misstep or has to tell a lie or has a scandal but that list is just way too long. It just goes on and on. Same way Bush concerned me even though I'm Republican, Obama should concern any sincere and rational Democrat.
I kinda agree but I don't think that's what anyone here is saying. they are saying Obama would be the worst and that anyone who votes for him is wrong. that being said, part of me wanted Romney to win just to prove these ignoramuses wrong but alas, they are probly too lucky for Romney to ruin their life. they probly are financially blessed.
I hate politics and only pay attention when I have to (that's why Im very selective on what I post on in this section). I could never sit and watch a debate or the like intently unless someone payed me but I do inform myself in other ways being highly opinionated so I pay attention enough to be confident that Romney would be bad for me. my life is already bad enough, I can't imagine what Romney would do to me. this is the only reason I voted for Obama. at least he cared about women and gay people (I am not gay whatsoever but I am very pro-gay) I can't stand religion and Romney is one of those people who is the reason why I hate it. at least Bush was funny and when he was in term, the economy wasn't as bad.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
48% of americans were vehemently against this president and his spend thrift policies.
the firing was wrong. but the state department has also been sued for political position being a factor in hiring.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:59 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I do not know if this is the case i heard about.Where the owner had to release people based on Health care cost. So he went to hi parking lot and found the cars that had Obama stickers on them .each had a company parking pass identified them and let them go. Seems like fair way yo make cost cutting efforts.They waned it they got it
That story is a total fabrication that has been making the email rounds since 2008. It's fake.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No, the company shouldn't own it's employees or bully them to vote one way or another. Maybe they voted for Obama because of social issues, but it shouldn't matter.
If you voted for a politician who creates policies that have negative impact on your company's bottom line, how can you in good conscience even continue to work for your company?

Have you no principle?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
This is why I said people who voted for Obama have no common sense, are mentally unstable or both.

Don't you know your vote has consequences? Some of those consequences will affect YOUR livelihoods. For example, Obama killed keystone project and your company lost a big part of business and you would be on the street regardless your political view on gay marriage. If you supported Obama, you just killed your own job.

Please don't tell me that is a case of being mentally sound.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Heck, I have only ten employees. I know what cars they drive and where they live. We had one of our nurses with an Obama bumper sticker and asked her to take it off, as it was making me nauseous. She did. I know who everyone voted for.
You ask people to take bumper stickers off of their private property because they hurt your feelings? Jesus Christ, grow the hell up and quit sticking your nose in other people's business like a whiny, spoiled little child.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforest338 View Post
I heard that bumperstickers on cars were used in a few companies rounds of layoffs. The personnel dept went and found the number of cars with the O stickers on them and those were first to go. It would make a devious person go put O stickers on all the cars of the competition.
You probably think you won a free $1,000 Wal-mart gift card too.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 PM

Employment should be based on work ethic, competence, intelligence, punctuality, loyalty, etc. Any boss who lays people off because of who they voted for is an idiotic, fascist sociopath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies