Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,900,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What "free pass?" That's a lie. If he's not making himself available for interviews, are the media supposed to just make something up?

To act as if white politicians don't routinely get away with corruption is a joke.

Hell, Tom DeLay's sorry ass STILL isn't in prison. GTFOH..
well said DD. jr is not getting a free pass, in fact if anything he is at least owning up to what he has done and made a deal to save the tax payers money on a trial. and DD is also right that many politicians get away with things that the ordinary citizen cant get away with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 06:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
At what point do we white people get a break from political correctness? I have great releationships with many black people, so don't even go there with me.
The media has had a hands off policy for Jessie Jackson. Now, his son, who gets a free pass because of his father, has been forced to come out of his "rehab or I am a mentally ill" break to reveal that he has stolen money.
I am sick and tired.
Yes, because no politician has ever gamed the system - ever.

So you're mainly made because . . . what? It's impacted your 'great relationships with many black people"?

I can understand being upset at a politician that stole money; I can't understand why your relationship with black people was mentioned at all.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM

50,410 posts, read 64,161,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He is looking at prison time. What free pass? Do you really think that he is the only one because he is black? Really?
My point is that the media protected him because of his father. I have no respect for Jessie Jackson because he's become rich by promoting race baiting for years. If I did what Jr. did, nobody would have allowed me months and months of "treatment" so I could get my story straight and my affairs in order.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,694,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
How has he gotten "a free pass"? There has been no shortage of news reports, even in the "lamestream media," about the corruption allegations against him.
Jackson's voters gave him a complete, free pass; they reelected him in November with a landslide victory.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,594,166 times
Quote:
My point is that the media protected him because of his father.
Protected him from what? His case has been all over the news for months. And now he's going to jail and paying fines.

Quote:
I have no respect for Jessie Jackson because he's become rich by promoting race baiting for years.
So, what's Limbaugh done?

Quote:
If I did what Jr. did, nobody would have allowed me months and months of "treatment" so I could get my story straight and my affairs in order.
He pled guilty - it didn't even go to trial. Explain how that reduced his sentence.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,863,147 times
Default Equality at last!

True equality is achieved when Black scum balls are just a crooked as White scum balls.
My condolences to his friends and family.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,614,442 times
Quote:
The media has had a hands off policy for Jessie Jackson.
Your post is a bunch of crock. Ever since JJ made the comment about Jews or something, he never got a pass. How else would you conservatives spew your hatred for him for over 40 years. You created this post as an excuse for you and your fellow repubs to bash JJ and his son.

Have fun.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,032,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
True equality is achieved when Black scum balls are just a crooked as White scum balls.
My condolences to his friends and family.
Don't know about his family, but sure his friends enjoyed a hell of a good time
out on the town with Jr's hands of thievery.
IMO he's unelectable in the future and that's a good thing.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:13 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,490,771 times
If it makes anyone feel any better, a white crime family from Pa. is getting a free pass from the so called "librul media".One of these girls is...or rather was, a Supreme Court Justice.
3 Political Sisters Convicted Of Corruption: Joan Orie Melvin, Janine Orie Found Guilty In Pa. Court

Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,079,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
He's a minority, so it is OK ~
He's a LIBERAL minority....big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies