Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

Let us simply look at the nations that were founded under the guise of classical liberalism versus the nations that were founded under the guise of Marxism. The lessons of history are clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 01:43 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Marx believed in the withering away of the state as an occurance of people realizing their own best interests (aka revolution).....but that end was to be realized by a substitution not a negation of the state.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:57 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yahoo! Video Detail for Milton Friedman - Greed

The butcher and baker don't provide meat and bread because they like you. Greedy people have done more good than all the charity workers who have ever lived.

The lessons of history are clear.

Ya don't think it is greedy to demand the wealth of others?
No. I don't think progressive tax rates, as found all over the Westernized industrialized World, are being greedy. I think they are perfectly sensible, as does 99% of educated World. It's only this cult of white, middle aged to elderly, mostly male, American loners that thinks it's greedy. Go find a Presidential candidate that can get 1% of the popular vote espousing your radical ideology and get back to us.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Go find a Presidential candidate that can get 1% of the popular vote espousing your radical ideology and get back to us.

Never said is was not popular to support the greed of those who steal wealth through legal means.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Never said is was not popular to support the greed of those who steal wealth through legal means.
Cry me a river. I have over $1 million on the tax rolls in Texas, make well over $200K per year and I pay my taxas willingly and happily. Knowing it's humane to help others less fortunate than myself and give every kid a fair start. I'm lucky, and it's a blessing I make good choices, and I know not every one makes good choices. Being poor and remaining poor does not reflect on one's character. Mr. Scrooge.

Last edited by padcrasher; 04-05-2013 at 02:15 AM..

Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 AM

Quote:
No. I don't think progressive tax rates, as found all over the Westernized industrialized World, are being greedy. I think they are perfectly sensible, as does 99% of educated World.
Flinging poo against the wall and hoping it sticks??

Quote:
It's only this cult of white, middle aged to elderly, mostly male, American loners that thinks it's greedy.
As opposed to the cult of white, middle aged, mostly male Euro trash that have adopted those policies??

Seriously.....you should throw your comp in the garbage.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 AM

It's no secret at all the nations with the highest IQ's have strongly progressive tax policies. Here in the US the two groups with the highest average IQ's, Jews and Asians, are strong Democratic voters, AND they have higher incomes than whites. All smart societies are supportive of progressive tax rates.

I stumbled on a Tea Party in my hometown of Southlake Texas a few years back, and got a good look at these fiscal, right wing, libertarians, with their "Don't tread on me" flags. Poorly educated, poor paid, bitter old, white men, that lost a great deal of their status in society to women and brown people, and need somebody to blame their failures on.

I suppose in the back of their minds they think rich people will throw them a bone if they advocate for policies that benefit only the rich. Sad, they will not stick up for themselves.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:25 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
No. I don't think progressive tax rates, as found all over the Westernized industrialized World, are being greedy. I think they are perfectly sensible, as does 99% of educated World. It's only this cult of white, middle aged to elderly, mostly male, American loners that thinks it's greedy. Go find a Presidential candidate that can get 1% of the popular vote espousing your radical ideology and get back to us.
And what does their age, race, or sex have to do with anything?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
And what does their age, race, or sex have to do with anything?
That's the demographic that falls for this Ayn Rand BS. Do you deny this?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:35 AM

Since you are making IQ the barometer of.....something.

Do you also subscribe to the bell curve study?

While you're at it, since most free market funfamentalists, by your account, are bitter, middle aged, white males....are most black males criminals?

You seem to have an unbelievable sense of insight....you were at a TEA PARTY...(lol)...and by scanning over the crowd you were able to glean household earnings, levels of common sense and capacity...amazing.

Do you judge, errr, estimate lottery drawings as well as you do crowds??

Did you ever attend a Nation of Islam rally?? Quick....how many deadbeat dads were there and give me a rough estimate of the total arrears for child support...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies