Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,349,576 times

Advertisements

And to think, Orwell warned that "Big Brother" was going to come from the rightwingers. lol

Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
And to think, Orwell warned that "Big Brother" was going to come from the rightwingers. lol
Many from the right support this crap also. There will be a large percentage that will support anything based upon nothing more than who the president is.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, it's not nuts. We should all shoot down spying devices.
Well you better start building a rocket and buy some surface to air missiles. The govt. has satellites orbiting the earth 24 hrs a day to spy on people. Right now those are illegal to have, but I am certain you feel that you should be able to own those as well.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
"GOP Rep. Gohmert: The American People Need High Capacity Mags So They Can Shoot Down Drones"

I was actually thinking the same thing! Adios drone.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:04 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Now this is just downright nuts, but what else do you expect from the GOP?

Gohmert: Voters need ‘at least 50 rounds’ in magazines to take out drones | The Raw Story
Thank you for taking Looeeee out of context.

He was making a serious point about government drones searching without warrants.

Hyperbole? Yes. Clearly he was not being serious about needing 50 rounds to shoot down drones.

I do appreciate you showing how intolerant and tone deaf your side is though. It is a great help!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:07 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Thank you for taking Looeeee out of context.

He was making a serious point about government drones searching without warrants.

Hyperbole? Yes. Clearly he was not being serious about needing 50 rounds to shoot down drones.

I do appreciate you showing how intolerant and tone deaf your side is though. It is a great help!
He was making a ridiculous statement that high capacity mags shouldn't be banned, because paranoid delusional right wing nutcases need them to shoot down drones. It's almost as dumb as that right winger saying that women's bodies shut down after rape to prevent pregnancy.

The entire premise is downright laughable.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
So then you're OK with the government spying on the American people?
I'm opposed to the government or anyone else "spying" on me where I have a reasonable expectation of privacy. When I am in public, while I may not like it, surveillance is simply a fact of modern life. I walk into a store, I am subject to surveillance. When I walk into a bank, pull into a gas station, I am subject to surveillance and in each of those circumstances those doing the surveillance have a reasonable and defensible right to do so. Which raises the question, why the paranoia over drones?

For decades Americans have been surveilled by agents on foot, in cars, vacant rooms across the street, helicopters and high flying manned aircraft. The government has been using intelligence satellites since 1959, just a casual glance at Google earth shoot amply demonstrate the capability of unclassified civilan reconnaissance satellite. So what is it about drones that have your knickers all out of whack?

By the way, Pradators fly at 26,000 feet so you can have a 100 round magazine on your M82, you ain't gonna come close.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm opposed to the government or anyone else "spying" on me where I have a reasonable expectation of privacy. When I am in public, while I may not like it, surveillance is simply a fact of modern life. I walk into a store, I am subject to surveillance. When I walk into a bank, pull into a gas station, I am subject to surveillance and in each of those circumstances those doing the surveillance have a reasonable and defensible right to do so. Which raises the question, why the paranoia over drones?
The problem is your back yard. A bank certainly has a right to keep an eye on their establishment. Nobody, or at least very, very few complain about that and it also has absolutely nothing to do with drones. Drones can not (at least yet) see inside of a bank.

Quote:
For decades Americans have been surveilled by agents on foot, in cars, vacant rooms across the street, helicopters and high flying manned aircraft.
With probably cause and a search warrant and not in my backyard otherwise.

Quote:
The government has been using intelligence satellites since 1959, just a casual glance at Google earth shoot amply demonstrate the capability of unclassified civilan reconnaissance satellite. So what is it about drones that have your knickers all out of whack?

By the way, Pradators fly at 26,000 feet so you can have a 100 round magazine on your M82, you ain't gonna come close.
If the government simply wants to fly them around for kicks and giggles, I suppose they can but then we would need to address how wasteful that would be.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Now this is just downright nuts, but what else do you expect from the GOP?

Gohmert: Voters need ‘at least 50 rounds’ in magazines to take out drones | The Raw Story
I see you are still talking about guns but, haven't given us YOUR vast knowledge of gun credentials.

Where is it?

Old 02-22-2013, 12:45 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I see you are still talking about guns but, haven't given us YOUR vast knowledge of gun credentials.

Where is it?
Would you care to address the topic, or is trolling your specialty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies