Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well, it appears that Jews have produced more stand-up comedians than Muslims ... so maybe they have a better sense of humor?
This is one of those things that don't translate well, which is too bad, but I'll try anyway.

In my fair home country of Denmark, there is undeniably friction between certain hardcore Muslim elements and certain RebelYell personalities who do what they can to goad the conflict along. The funny bit: There's an undergrowth of young Muslims who make very clever (and very funny) video parodies lampooning both sides - in fact lampooning everybody who's decided that their presence is some sort of problem to be solved. Some of them have found their way into professional media and it's not only freakin' hilarious, it also does more for a successful integration than 10,000 concerned social workers. And if it wasn't funny already, watching a social worker realize that the people she (it's always a she) had decided were poor victims of circumstance can actually stand up for themselves is always roundly entertaining.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying that when given media access, Muslim comedy actually works quite well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Muslims don't drink, so by default...the Jew.
Oh. Man, I must have been hanging with the wrong Muslims.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This is one of those things that don't translate well, which is too bad, but I'll try anyway.

In my fair home country of Denmark, there is undeniably friction between certain hardcore Muslim elements and certain RebelYell personalities who do what they can to goad the conflict along. The funny bit: There's an undergrowth of young Muslims who make very clever (and very funny) video parodies lampooning both sides - in fact lampooning everybody who's decided that their presence is some sort of problem to be solved. Some of them have found their way into professional media and it's not only freakin' hilarious, it also does more for a successful integration than 10,000 concerned social workers. And if it wasn't funny already, watching a social worker realize that the people she (it's always a she) had decided were poor victims of circumstance can actually stand up for themselves is always roundly entertaining.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying that when given media access, Muslim comedy actually works quite well.
I saw a Muslim comedy troupe about 10 years ago on HBO and they were very funny. They had a great sense of irony.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You obviously didn't read all the posts. If you had you would not be asking the above question.
I have, but I am not sure I follow the logic. Why would our resident rebel without a clue feel happier in Germany? It's the only country in Europe with a growing Jewish population, after all.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'd bet that i've met far more Muslims than you, and i've never heard a single one of them say something so reprehensible. One of my very best friends is a Palestinian, owns 4 haberdasheries (they're great tailors...just like many Jews happen to be...coincidence? Nope) in the Phoenix and Las Vegas Metros, and remains quite bitter about his family losing their properties uncompensated in the war for Israeli independence. Yet and still, he's never said a single thing derogatory about Jews in general and he always limits his comments to the ones he thinks are responsible for certain acts. And surprise, many of his customers AND friends are Jewish. I've been to his home a million times, met many members of his extended family, and NOT ONCE have i heard anyone say something like what you described. Not even in heated political discussions (which Palestinians love engaging in).

Anyone that would say something as reprehensible as what your claim to have heard isn't a typical Muslim here in the U.S.
It's even in their "holy" book what they're supposed to do with Jews. Muslims allied with the Nazis in WWII and there were reasons they did that.

And yes it was inside the USA that these Muslims I knew and first thought were okay people said that about Hitler. I don't hang around with Nazis or their kin.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:41 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's even in their "holy" book what they're supposed to do with Jews. Muslims allied with the Nazis in WWII and there were reasons they did that.

And yes it was inside the USA that these Muslims I knew and first thought were okay people said that about Hitler. I don't hang around with Nazis or their kin.
Because the biggest meddlers in the Muslim world at the time were the Brits, the Russians and the French in the order. It's the same reason the Irish supported Hitler. The enemy of your enemy is sometimes your friend, at least while the enemy of both is still alive.

And you should read the Jewish Talmud to see what they think of Christians, or any non Jews.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:43 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersied View Post
This assumes you are the type who reaches out to neighbors, rather than the "live and let live" types. Neighborhood watch, summer block parties, girl scout(etc) door to door, children playing together, etc.

and

If you had a choice (because of what the media is feeding us), which would you prefer and why?
It's human nature to associate with people who are most like you.

That's why you often see people of different gender, race, religion, economic status, etc... self segregate. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Doesn't mean they "hate" other groups or wish them harm either. Only dopey arse white liberals claim that. Usually when they are driving to their lily-white Chrisitian suburb in the SUV to get away from black people.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:47 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Since I have no clue what religion my neighbors practice, I wouldn't use it as a criteria for anything. If I have to pick a criteria for selecting a neighbor to befriend, I select the one who picks up their dog's poop. Makes as much sense as using religion.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:50 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGraves View Post
I like Wagner at times, too bad he was conflicted as to whether he was also Jewish...LOL!!!
You are on a roll of being wrong today. Keep it up its amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Why does the movie "Deliverance" come to mind when I see your name?

How generous of you, the token Muslim.
Because you are not to bright? Never even seen the movie in my life. Oh and I have all my teeth as well. Believe me the movie that comes to mind for most people here is dumb and dumber so. So you say most Muslims hate jews eh? How stereotypical of you.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Are you more inclined to greet and mingle with a jewish neighbor or a follower of Islam

My neighbor isn't Jewish, but my doctor is.

He's the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies