Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 09:29 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times

Advertisements

He really doesn't give a damn what the American public thinks. If he did people would have jobs across the country. I hope they have to cut about 500,000 jobs in the DC area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
He really doesn't give a damn what the American public thinks. If he did people would have jobs across the country. I hope they have to cut about 500,000 jobs in the DC area.
That would put about 10 people out of work and 490,990 out of a job.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
It isn't a matter of short term memory but rather how to sway the public with deceit and lies.... I am still amazed how the idiot liberals rush to defend him when he is the cause of the government dysfunction... When did liberalism become a religion? Well, i guess it all started with the dumbing down of education...

Old 02-23-2013, 09:42 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
I am wondering what effect this would have on the racial make-up of the unemployed. It was his idea and it will be hurting those that voted for him. If all this were not so sad one could almost have a belly laugh out of it. I hope the Republicans call his bluff and let it happen. It might teach him to put on his adult pants and get serious about solving the real problems. Who else is tired of his game playing with our national security?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:44 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
That would put about 10 people out of work and 490,990 out of a job.
So true!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no he has a long excellent memory it is the american public who has a rotten memory as you have so well pointed out.
An excellent memory that he uses selectively/conveniently.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
The president isn't exceptional re: having a short memory. Politicians by their nature (on both sides of the aisle) have a short memory.

Actually, I don't really even think it's related to having a short memory. They're all slime sucking, lying dogs. They will say anything, do anything, promise anything, lie about anything to get what they want. Which is to continue holding onto their jobs.

The problem isn't with Obama or any other politician. The problem is with us. The voters. We don't educate ourselves enough and we don't hold those we vote into office accountable enough.
This is exactly what one gets (and what one deserves) when half of America votes for the color of the candidate's skin rather than the content of his character.
Quote:
Me, too. I'm looking forward to it.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am wondering what effect this would have on the racial make-up of the unemployed. It was his idea and it will be hurting those that voted for him. If all this were not so sad one could almost have a belly laugh out of it. I hope the Republicans call his bluff and let it happen. It might teach him to put on his adult pants and get serious about solving the real problems. Who else is tired of his game playing with our national security?
It was not his idea, there is a huge difference something being your idea and you agreeing with an idea.

The Sequester was a Republican idea.

Both President Obama and congressional Dems and R's agreed to it because they thought it would force both sides to come up with real ideals and solutions that would solve the problem, so far, that has not worked.

Besides that, the sequester is a balanced budget approach, which is exactly what Republicans have been saying they want. If you attack President Obama for agreeing to something that was never meant to actually go through, then you should also be attacking those Republicans who claimed it was actually a good idea. Rand Paul being the first to come to mind.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:33 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
The president isn't exceptional re: having a short memory. Politicians by their nature (on both sides of the aisle) have a short memory.

Actually, I don't really even think it's related to having a short memory. They're all slime sucking, lying dogs. They will say anything, do anything, promise anything, lie about anything to get what they want. Which is to continue holding onto their jobs.

The problem isn't with Obama or any other politician. The problem is with us. The voters. We don't educate ourselves enough and we don't hold those we vote into office accountable enough.
Plus one to you sir. People on both sides of the aisle are guilty of this. Of the few educated Americans, too many of them will make excuses for their politicians when he/she lies, distorts, breaks promises, etc... It is truly scary to think about the health of the nation when you see all of the excuse making the past few years.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
It is a SELECTIVE MEMORY, not a short one. He isnt as dumb as we think. He knows what he is doing, which is bad for all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies