Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 03:19 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times

Advertisements

If this is true, hopefully more "reliable" sources will come out with the story.

I'm just so confused as to who is running this country. Mexico is now asking for a registry on US citizens who own guns on the border states??

Mexico demanded that the US take in and provide for Mexican illegals, demanded they have the right to US citizenship, which our government caved into, they want to refuse the return of dangerous criminal illegals (murderers, rapists, pedos) being returned by the US, they treat illegals caught going through Mexico into the US like rubbish and jail them. It's not enough that our government bends to their demands and the US has built their economy, now this??

If Mexico wants to stop the gun running from the US to Mexico, start wtih the smugglers. Protect their own borders, find the tunnels and arrest those running them into Mexico. Mexico has done nothing to stop people from entering the US illegally and less to stop drugs from entering into the US. If they declared a war on the drug cartels they wouldn't have to worry about guns seeing as how the cartels are the only ones with guns. They know the people who run the cartels, they know who are involved in the cartels, they know where to find these people, but it seems these people are invisible and can't be stopped, but American citizens who are gun owners and abide by US law are a threat to Mexico.

Video: CBS/KPHO reporting on it:

Video - CBS 5 - KPHO

Quote:
Claiming it will make tracing guns used in violent crimes easier, Mexican lawmakers want the U.S. Senate to provide a registry of all commercialized guns in border states like California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, The Blaze reported Monday.
Mexico to ask for registry of guns in border states, national media silent - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 03:21 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times
A lot of people on both sides of the border commit crimes on one side and live on the other. That part is true, I've known many when I lived in San Diego-Tijuana and El Paso-Juarez.

That being said, we should burn our own registry and definitely not give it to anyone else.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:23 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If this is true, hopefully more "reliable" sources will come out with the story.

I'm just so confused as to who is running this country. Mexico is now asking for a registry on US citizens who own guns on the border states??

Mexico demanded that the US take in and provide for Mexican illegals, demanded they have the right to US citizenship, which our government caved into, they want to refuse the return of dangerous criminal illegals (murderers, rapists, pedos) being returned by the US, they treat illegals caught going through Mexico into the US like rubbish and jail them. It's not enough that our government bends to their demands and the US has built their economy, now this??

If Mexico wants to stop the gun running from the US to Mexico, start wtih the smugglers. Protect their own borders, find the tunnels and arrest those running them into Mexico. Mexico has done nothing to stop people from entering the US illegally and less to stop drugs from entering into the US. If they declared a war on the drug cartels they wouldn't have to worry about guns seeing as how the cartels are the only ones with guns. They know the people who run the cartels, they know who are involved in the cartels, they know where to find these people, but it seems these people are invisible and can't be stopped, but American citizens who are gun owners and abide by US law are a threat to Mexico.

Video: CBS/KPHO reporting on it:

Video - CBS 5 - KPHO

Mexico to ask for registry of guns in border states, national media silent - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com
I could demand you give me a thousand bucks...Who's the dummy? me for asking or you for giving?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I could demand you give me a thousand bucks...Who's the dummy? me for asking or you for giving?
Demand whatever you want from me, it doesn't mean that I am obligated to give it to you.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 AM

98 posts, read 54,764 times
Not a bad idea considering it is our demand for the drugs that is causing the mess.

Personally I'm more in favor of legalizing certain drugs and spending the money on treatment. It's pretty embarrassing our incarceration rate is so high.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Demand whatever you want from me, it doesn't mean that I am obligated to give it to you.
I'm glad we both understand that point.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:27 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Online tabloid The Examiner getting a scoop from The Blaze.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What part of this in my OP don't you understand?

Quote:
Quote:
Let me know, and I'll try to break it down for you in simple terms that you might understand.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:43 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post

"Mexico's Congress voted to formally ask the United States Senate to create a registry of all commercialized firearms in the states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. Although the motion will have little impact in the US, it shows the gun control issue continues to resonate on both sides of the border.

The measure was approved January 9 by Mexico's Permanent Commission, the government body that meets when the Senate and the lower house of Congress, the Chamber of Deputies, is in recess."

Mexico to Ask US Senate to Create Gun Registry in Border States - InSight Crime | Organized Crime in the Américas

http://www.kpho.com/video?autoStart=...clipId=8403748

Last edited by lycos679; 02-24-2013 at 04:52 AM..

Old 02-24-2013, 08:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Maybe Mexico will write some gun control legislation while they're at it and hand it to Congress and ask them to pass it.
Afterall, Mexico's gun problem is our fault, all our fault (because our government is sending so many guns south of the Border).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies