Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:13 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times

Advertisements

BBC News - Karzai orders US special forces out of Afghan province

Quote:
The Afghan president has ordered US special forces to leave Wardak province within two weeks over allegations of disappearances and torture.
Torture? Under Dear Leader's watch? Whoa dude, we ain't printing that in the US.
\

Even on CD there's total silence on the subject.

Imagine if this happened under Boosh's watch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
I hope Karzai will one day repeat what Iraq did and tell us to get the hell out of his country. We are too stupid to do it on our own.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Iraq kicked us out and now Afghanistan.

I guess that's the only way we really "bring troops home" is because we've been kicked out of their countries.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Karzai's claim were true.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:20 AM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Yeah our troops aren't over there handing out chocolates to the locals.
Bring them home.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:38 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
It is the Afghan "soldiers" (ANA) being trained by our military that are responsible, not our military. They are NOT part of our special forces other than the US is training them, which doesn't make the US responsible for their actions. Are we supposed to babysit them as well?? Seems Karzai is claiming that our special forces were present when these disappearances and torture took place. If that's not the case, he's claiming that the training they received from our special forces has something to do with it.

From the link:
Quote:
These Afghan units are facing allegations of involvement torture and disappearances, says the BBC's Karen Allen in Kabul. A preliminary investigation also blamed them for beheading a university student in the province.
I hope Karzai keeps kicking until every last soldier is out of that hellhole. Disappearances and torture will escalate by his own people.

I wonder if this will be John's first act of SOS - apologize to Afghanistan and hand over a suitcase full of money to Karzai. The US never runs out of apologies or money when it comes to our enemies.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:41 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Iraq kicked us out and now Afghanistan.

I guess that's the only way we really "bring troops home" is because we've been kicked out of their countries.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Karzai's claim were true.
Yup. When you go where you`re not wanted or needed you`ll be coming home empty handed.We learned nothing from our Vietnam fiasco.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,887,502 times
I really don't see how Afghanistan represents any danger to the United States anymore. We can't stop the spread of terrorism there anymore than we can in any other country so it is time for the troops to come home! Besides, terrorism is best dealt with through intelligence with the help of strategic and specialized military forces such as with the taking out of Bin Laden. If the Afghans can't take care of themselves now when will they ever be able to?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
It's called a WAR. Boo hoo for him. I agree though, time to bring our troops home. Let those barbarians fight among themselves. They don't want democracy or freedom. And STOP sending people who hate us billions of dollars.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I really don't see how Afghanistan represents any danger to the United States anymore. We can't stop the spread of terrorism there anymore than we can in any other country so it is time for the troops to come home! Besides, terrorism is best dealt with through intelligence with the help of strategic and specialized military forces such as with the taking out of Bin Laden. If the Afghans can't take care of themselves now when will they ever be able to?
The country has resources though. Russia tried and failed.
And now us.
China didn't bother with Afghanistan and went right to Africa.

Mining in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-24-2013, 10:02 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,887,502 times
LOL those Chinese are smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The country has resources though. Russia tried and failed.
And now us.
China didn't bother with Afghanistan and went right to Africa.

Mining in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies