Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 05:28 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,294,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This small exercise is all the proof you need to illustrate how same-sex marriage is completely different in purpose and function, from traditional marriage.

In same sex marriage, two sisters would be allowed to marry. While in traditional marriage we would never allow siblings to marry.

Why, because traditional marriage is about procreation between the husband and wife, while procreation is impossible between spouses in a same sex marriage.
We don't require fertility tests. Adoption and surrogacy is legal for gay couples.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:43 PM

13,658 posts, read 10,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This small exercise is all the proof you need to illustrate how same-sex marriage is completely different in purpose and function, from traditional marriage.

In same sex marriage, two sisters would be allowed to marry. While in traditional marriage we would never allow siblings to marry.

Why, because traditional marriage is about procreation between the husband and wife, while procreation is impossible between spouses in a same sex marriage.
Oh bunk. Traditional marriage is about being able to boink all you want, any way you want, whenever you want - children or no children, with the blessing of the Almighty.

Traditional marriage means finally being able to get your rocks off without fear of fire and brimstone. If sex before marriage wasn't considered a "sin", a lot more people wouldn't bother with the marriage part, at least not initially.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,204,196 times
That is a dumb question.
you cannot compare or ask if one is ok if the other is ok.
Incest is the act of sex with a close relative.
Marriage is a formal union between a man and wife.

So.. where does a sex act with a close relative even come close to a union between a man and wife?

Apples to oranges.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,981,050 times
I find it shocking the number of people on this thread that support incest. I certainly thought it would have been much lower. What has happened to the morals of this country? And people wonder why we are going downhill.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,130,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Come on man. Totally overboard and an unfair poll.
My partner and I have been together 25 years, longer than most straight marriages. Why shouldn't we be entitled to the same legal status, tax breaks, etc as a hetero couple?
I never said that you shouldn't. My argument is that if people support redefining marriage to include homosexuality under the reasoning of "equality" than they have to support equality for everyone that wants to be married, i.e consensual incest, polygamy, etc. otherwise they're being hypocritical.

I have ZERO issue with legal domestic partnerships. I don't believe that anyone should be defined by their sexuality.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
Great question. Here's another: If you support religious freedom, do you support honor killings and human sacrifice?

Let's get 'em all out there folks. We need to eliminate any and everything that could possibly end up tragically due to slippery slope.
No, because murder is illegal. You really didn't think that one through, did you?

Old 03-27-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Uh.....yes, they can if they live in one of the nine states that have marriage equality (or the District of Columbia).

And soon there could be a lot more ----- despite what you think about holy or unholy unions.

Get over it.
Until consensual incest marriage and polygamy marriage is made legal, there is no "marriage equality". Either you support marriage equality, or you do not.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Exactly. Why the OP cannot see that this is a problem is beyond me.
They are both grown adults; who are you to impose your views on grown adults? It's THEIR choice.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh bunk. Traditional marriage is about being able to boink all you want, any way you want, whenever you want - children or no children, with the blessing of the Almighty.

Traditional marriage means finally being able to get your rocks off without fear of fire and brimstone. If sex before marriage wasn't considered a "sin", a lot more people wouldn't bother with the marriage part, at least not initially.
You're 100% correct and most of Europe proves your hypothesis.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:29 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,688,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I never said that you shouldn't. My argument is that if people support redefining marriage to include homosexuality under the reasoning of "equality" than they have to support equality for everyone that wants to be married, i.e consensual incest, polygamy, etc. otherwise they're being hypocritical.

I have ZERO issue with legal domestic partnerships. I don't believe that anyone should be defined by their sexuality.
Why if I support marriage to include homosexuality...you make the leap to include incest?? I could turn your support of marriage as defined by one woman to one man and make the leap it could be a mother(woman) married to her adult son(man)! That is just a crazy leap in logic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies