Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 02:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,018,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but wait.

1. obama and the current congress say we are OUT of the depression/recession...as of june 09

2. the first step to reducing debt is to LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS...stop having trillion dollar deficits

3. yes you may need to rasie taxes a little...but the ENTIRE ISSUE is the OVERSPENDING by washingtonDC...(doesnt matter what party is in power)

1. I don't give a crap what Obama says. I'm not responsible for Obama, nor do I defend him on this.

2. This is not a household budget, where your homespun advice is sound. It's not comparable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,851,045 times
Quote:
yep because borrowing money from china to spend, spend, spend is really working well
It doesn't, that's why GOP fiscal plans are complete disasters.
The GOP's idea of "fiscal responsibility" is spend, spend, spend, spend, give handouts to the rich, spend, spend, raise taxes on the poor and middle class, spend, start wars, spend, destroy medicare and social security, spend, and spend.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,070,093 times
I don't see anybody destroying medicare and social security. Your hero Obama has raised taxes multiple times on the poor and middle class and upped the war in afghan and started on in Libya and put 5 trillion onto the debt. What was it you were saying again?

Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,924,337 times
Quote:
yep because borrowing money from china to spend, spend, spend is really working well
China does not own most of the debt.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't see anybody destroying medicare and social security. Your hero Obama has raised taxes multiple times on the poor and middle class and upped the war in afghan and started on in Libya and put 5 trillion onto the debt. What was it you were saying again?
Of course you are oblivious for Obama's plans to accept the GOP demands for Social Security cuts as part of a final compromise.

It's who you are.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:28 PM

How is that going to destroy social security? Please explain or continue ranting and raving. Why isn't he calling for increases in the FICA tax which is the only thing that will SAVE it? Probably because he's a communist and wants it to collapse so he can start the gulags. Folks will need gruel to eat at some point.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How is that going to destroy social security? Please explain or continue ranting and raving. Why isn't he calling for increases in the FICA tax which is the only thing that will SAVE it? Probably because he's a communist and wants it to collapse so he can start the gulags. Folks will need gruel to eat at some point.
Oh? you are only concerned if it's "destroyed"?

But OK with benefits cuts of 17%?

You're a good, little, right wing lemming that will see his kids/grandkid's benefits cut while the rich elites in this country thrive.

And the only thing that will save it is FICA increases for all? Sure!

So, typical that you are unaware a lifting of the income tax cap would solve about 90% of the SS deficit and that would not require a tax hike for all.

So amazing to me how tough and macho white, elderly, right wingers try to act, and then they just bend over each time rich elites want to cut their family's benefits.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:41 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,382,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Reducing debt is fine as a long term goal. You don't do it during a depression, and compound your problems, as the three charts clearly show.
I think we could all agree that cutting spending during boom times is a good idea but you seem to leave out the most important factor being governed by democracy. Lets see, during the boom years of Reagan when the treasury even took in more money did we cut spending? How about the Clinton years? was there really cuts when the gvt spent the SS surplus? And we know there was no cuts after the Bush tax cuts and he went along with Kennedy and started a new social program that was unfunded and a war.

Do you get my drift? our gvt refused to do it during the good times and they never will because they love giving the people goodies and bringing largess to their districts. They only way that part of Keynes theory will work is thru a dictatorship or some kind of monarchy. If I am wrong someone point to a country that reduced debt during the good times that was/is a democracy

Old 02-25-2013, 02:43 PM

Benifits are being cut by 17%? I used to live by Missouri so you will have to show me.

FICA hasn't been raised since prior to Clinton yet more people are taking out. Splain how that will end happily? I'm not relying on social security to retire on like you loopers are so I don't really care what happens I'm just pointing out why it will collapse. Don't like reality then don't bring it up.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,479,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It doesn't, that's why GOP fiscal plans are complete disasters.
The GOP's idea of "fiscal responsibility" is spend, spend, spend, spend, give handouts to the rich, spend, spend, raise taxes on the poor and middle class, spend, start wars, spend, destroy medicare and social security, spend, and spend.
So the GOP wants to spend spend spend while at the same the GOP wants draconian cuts and foolish austerity plans. So in reality you don't have an actual point, you'll just say whatever anti-GOP thing comes to mind at the moment, even if means you simultaneously advocate contradictory assertions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies