Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,127,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sometimes, it appears, it is just easier to skip the debate and go straight into stupid, idiot, libertard, leftist, nazi, republican't, and all sorts of other insults.

Why bother with discourse, when you can straight into playground? </sarcasm>

To answer your thread question, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,900,531 times
Shooting4life..

Lol. Awwww you come back, ya here. And give me some sugar.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,471,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
*******S are incapable of engaging in serious discussion if for no other reason thatn their agenda isn't legitimate. In fact, it is illegitimate, and proven, ad infinitum, to be a failure, and devestatingly so.

I don't want to engage *******S in debate, I want to do to them, what they are doing to us - to demonize them using their same Alinsky tactics they are using on America (and they are assulting America, not just conxervatives).

I feel no shame in havin to crawl in the grass to fight Snakes like Obama and his followers, for the fate of Freedom is at stake. You know it, I know it, I admit it, you pretend otherwise.

PS Your "review" is poposity itself.
Let's review: more name-calling, more hyperbole, and nothing resembling a cogent argument.

Try again. You might start by describing some ways, or even ONE way, that the America that you think is envisioned by the "*******S" is so contrary to your own hopes and dreams, and threatening to the ideals of liberty.

Can you do that, or are you unable to do anything here besides spew venom and issue apocalyptic warnings based on no solid evidence whatsoever?

Old 02-26-2013, 12:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times
Quote:
Actually, I do that and provide purely substantive posts. They are met by insults. I am almost 60, so I don't have another 40 years to wait for the left to abandong their "Biig Lie" brainwashing techniqe (and that IS what they are doing).
So what if they are met by insults? Does that mean you have to lower yourself? It's not like the insults are accomplishing something. If I were almost 60, I wouldn't waste my time on insults. I'd just focus on their arguments, and rebutting those arguments.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:02 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,074,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Let's review: more name-calling, more hyperbole, and nothing resembling a cogent argument.

Try again. You might start by describing some ways, or even ONE way, that the America that you think is envisioned by the "*******S" is so contrary to your own hopes and dreams, and threatening to the ideals of liberty.

Can you do that, or are you unable to do anything here besides spew venom and issue apocalyptic warnings based on no solid evidence whatsoever?
Do you realize that in NYC it is now illegal to sell sodas over 16 ounces.

Do you realize that the RKBA, a foundational civil right is under constant attack

Do you relize that the great health-care creation and delivery industry in the world is under attack and has had the seeds of its destruction sown in "Obama-care".

Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
See what I mean. Insults from Pissants.
I don't see what you mean.

It's not an insult, it's a point.

You are saying that you have to engage in insults because the other side does so.

"The other side does so", is not a impressive argument. It's a rationalization. You don't have to engage in insults at all. In fact, your arguments are better-received when you don't.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,468,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post

The single primary thing that is envisioned by the liberals which is so contrary to my own hopes and dreams and is threatening the ideals of liberty is the "living constitution" idea where instead of legally amending it, you just declare it out of date and ignore it.

Really, all else flows from that. Using witholding of federal funds to circumvent the 10th amendment, pretending the "general welfare" clause means you can do anything you want, trying to make any activity into "interstate commerce" so the federal government can regulate it, ignoring equal protection under the law to give special consideration to certain groups, etc.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,471,489 times
Quote:
Do you realize that in NYC it is now illegal to sell sodas over 16 ounces.

Do you realize that the RKBA, a foundational civil right is under constant attack

Do you relize that the great health-care creation and delivery industry in the world is under attack and has had the seeds of its destruction sown in "Obama-care".
Ah, now we're getting somewhere. Finally, some facts!

Now let's address them.

By the "great health-care creation and delivery industry in the world," do you mean the health-care creation and delivery industry that is unable to provide even basic health care to tens of millions of Americans, leading to health outcomes that are most definitely NOT the envy of the civilized world?

Do you realize that Alabama prohibits the sale of beer containers larger than 25 ounces? Why is that never cited as an infringement upon our freedom?

And do you oppose any attempt to limit the distribution of firearms and ammo, even to the mentally ill, felons, etc.? In your opinion, is there any level of regulation that is appropriate, or should anyone be allowed

Old 02-26-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
*******S are incapable of engaging in serious discussion if for no other reason thatn their agenda isn't legitimate. In fact, it is illegitimate, and proven, ad infinitum, to be a failure, and devestatingly so.

I don't want to engage *******S in debate, I want to do to them, what they are doing to us - to demonize them using their same Alinsky tactics they are using on America (and they are assulting America, not just conxervatives).

I feel no shame in havin to crawl in the grass to fight Snakes like Obama and his followers, for the fate of Freedom is at stake. You know it, I know it, I admit it, you pretend otherwise.

PS Your "review" is poposity itself.
And yet that's patently untrue. You've been engaging in a serious discussion on this thread. And my argument is clearly legitimate.

Why wouldn't you want to engage liberals in debate? If they are dominating the formation of policy for this country, which they would have to be doing if they are "destroying" the country, then if you want to get them to consider other viewpoints and other perspectives, how are you going to make that happen? Insulting them isn't going to make it happen. Engaging them in debate, and offering substance and facts to support your arguments is what will make it happen.

You're not fighting "Snakes like Obama and his followers", when you are crawling in the grass. You are simply getting closer to the mud to make it that much easier to fling mud at them. That's not accomplishing anything. It's irrational to continue to do something that isn't working.

I defend freedom just as much as you do. I simply have a different perspective. And I would like to understand your perspective, but instead of explaining that perspective, you try to stop the conversation by calling me a *******, and engaging in incendiary invective. Let's talk with one another, rather than shout at one another.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,074,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't see what you mean.

It's not an insult, it's a point.

You are saying that you have to engage in insults because the other side does so.

"The other side does so", is not a impressive argument. It's a rationalization. You don't have to engage in insults at all. In fact, your arguments are better-received when you don't.
"you want to look as bad as they are isn't a very impressive "

This is what I responded to. The "they" is Rush, Sean, Mark, Sarah, Michelle and perhaps a couple others. All of whom are great Americans who do Yeoman's duty fighting to help the USA. Pissants routinely insult these fine people. It is sickening.

It is a backhanded insult to them, and by extension, to me.

I am more direct and honest in my demonizing - a tactic (demonizaing) adopted from the left by myself.

I make other posts as well. The type you advocate. They get insulted into the ground, so, Crank up the
Lancs and let's drop another load on Drresden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies