Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 07:41 PM

734 posts, read 933,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
the only untrue thing said here are by the gay bashers .

Its clear from you gay haters that you didn't read the part of the decision that expressly stated that Virginia's anti-miscegenation law violated against the US Constition's 14th Amendement: Equal Protection Clause and the Due Process Clause.

And that they also targeted the couple because it was also ILLEGAL for them to have sex with each other.
Yes, of course it was illegal, but the illegality stemmed from Jim Crow laws. Since blacks and whites were barred from mixing, obviously those who engaged in interracial sex, were deemed as breaking the law, since again, race mixing of any kind was against the law. This had nothing to do with the act of sex, and more to do with the fact that the races were barred from socializing with each other.

Quote:
Chief Justice Warren:
Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State.
As the quote above highlights, marriage between blacks and whites were barred due to the discriminatory racial practices which existed because of Jim Crow.

Quote:
Marriage was denied and deemed illegal between a couple, because of the color of their skin. That's all.
I fail to see the correlation between interracial marriage and homosexuality.

Quote:
Gays are denied being able have their marriages recognized simply because of their sexual identity.
Gays are asking for society to redefine the institution of marriage to include same sex relationships.

Quote:
Last I looked, its also illegal to discriminate based on one's sex. They are being discriminated because they happen to want to marry someone of the same sex.
It is illegal to discriminate based on gender and/or sexual orientation, but what does this have to do with gays marrying?

Quote:
How you can't see this or the connection is beyond me. I've posted my video tons of times and it seems you can't even bothered to listen to the comparison and see why the arguments are the same.

Wrong. Its the same entity, as if a white man wanted to marry a black woman.
I simply fail to see the connection, because at the end of the day, a white man married a black woman.

This did not redefine marriage but it did challenge Jim Crow laws which barred blacks and whites from mixing. Again, this is an apples and oranges argument.

Gays want to redefine the institution of marriage, because there is currently no monotheistic religion which condones homosexual practices.

Quote:
Most of the gays I've seen have gone to the court to get Married. And some churches will gladly perform a wedding ceremony for gay couples.
Any religious figure who marries a gay couple is not honoring God's law. This is nothing more than an example of how man seeks to redefine and alter what God has already declared as the natural order of things.

Quote:

That's what they said about Interracial marriage 50 years ago. The World didn't end, Hell didn't freeze over, and the Churches still married couples, and NO mixed race couple sued a church then.
Why would a mixed race couple sue a Church? You do realize that mixed race couples could get married where Jim crow was not on the books. In fact, the Lovings were married in D.C, because there were no such Jim Crow Laws there. Also, mixed race couples could get married in the North as well.

Again, the issue was Jim Crow/segregation not marriage. Why don't you get this basic point?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Notice that "artificial" only means in the "natural" means (ie, having sex).

Are you going to use the same argument for heterosexual couples who can only conceive through ARTIFICIAL insemination?
I notice that this issue keeps coming up. Yes, the fact is there are some heterosexual couples who can not conceive naturally, but this doesn't change the fact that sperm from a man and an egg from a woman creates life.

Irrespective of whether or not a woman can conceive, the natural order of things is, women have eggs and men have sperm. Why do you think men and women were created with different parts that ultimately fit together?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Can you join us in the 21st century? This hasn't been true for the better part of a century.
That's where you are wrong, it is always about the family unit. Why do you think America is in so much trouble. Look at communities where there is relatively low rates of marriage and family, and you will see grave social issues.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
. Slowly but surely, marriage will not mean anything to anyone and that's when this nation will fall, because the family unit as we know it will dissolve.
Oh please.

Slavery ripped apart family units. Children were torn away from their parents and SOLD. Wives torn from their husbands and sold. Husbands were torn from their children and sold. We did that. This nation. Slave owners had children by slaves AND their wife.

Care to tell us why our nation survived that but will fall when all citizens have equal rights?

Old 03-01-2013, 08:10 PM

334 posts, read 451,113 times
Quote:
That's where you are wrong, it is always about the family unit. Why do you think America is in so much trouble. Look at communities where there is relatively low rates of marriage and family, and you will see grave social issues.
You ever hear the expression Correlation does not imply causation ?

There are many factors involved in areas with social problems.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM

Madonna -- Britney Spears (Kiss) ;-) - YouTube
This is the homosexual agenda being pushed on young teens. Listen to the words at the end. "There is no distinction between right and wrong." That's in essence what the agenda is all about, blurring the lines...

Last edited by Lilly1224; 03-01-2013 at 08:23 PM..

Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM

334 posts, read 451,113 times
Quote:
Why do you think men and women were created with different parts that ultimately fit together?
Without getting graphic, two male's parts fit together pretty good too.

And more Heterosexuals do it that way than there are total Homosexuals.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
I've often wondered why there is such a push (recently) for Same Sex Marriage. Some homosexuals who are interested in marriage, argue that their civil rights are violated, due to the fact that they presently can't marry in certain states, while others have expressed concern over not being able to inherit pensions, Social Security benefits, etc. from their long-term partners.

I doubt that this is the real issue. I think the real agenda is to normalize homosexual activity. I've noticed that many movies and tv programs often feature at least one gay person (despite the fact that according to recent studies, less than 4% of the entire American population is gay). Even when one considers that there may be some people outside of that 4% who also engage in homosexual activities, the total percentage of persons who engage in homosexuality probably account for less than 5% of the American population.

From a moral standpoint, I'm against homosexuality. I do not believe that it was intended for men to sleep with other men, or women to sleep with other women. If it was intended to be this way, why can't two people of the same gender reproduce? In essence, no life form can ever develop from these unions.

I really wish that gay people would be more straightforward about this issue. Also, I wish that people were wise enough to acknowledge that homosexuals should be given rights to inherit their partners pension, Social security benefits (etc), but the partnership should only be recognized as a "Civil Union" and not a marriage.

I think more people would be supportive, if gays agreed to the civil partnerships (with all of the marriage perks) without trying to redefine marriage. What are your thoughts?
Same agenda straights have when they get married. All the same reasons, all the same goals, all the same desire to have a binding social, financial, and emotional contract.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
Actually, the penis and anus do not fit perfectly. According to the dictionary, the anus controls the expulsion of feces, unwanted semi-solid matter produced during digestion, which, depending on the type of animal, may include: matter which the animal cannot digest, such as bones; food material after all the nutrients have been extracted, for example cellulose or lignin; ingested matter which would be toxic if it remained in the digestive tract; and dead or excess gut bacteria and other endosymbionts.

Furthermore, studies show that anal sex causes loss of bowel control, better known as bowel incontinence.
Bowel incontinence is the loss of bowel control, leading to an involuntary passage of stool. This can range from occasionally leaking a small amount of stool and passing gas, to completely losing control of bowel movements.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post

And more Heterosexuals do it that way than there are total Homosexuals.
Do you actually believe that the majority of heterosexual couples engage in anal sex. LOL LOL LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies