Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
She is transsexual. She is biologically considered a female and there would be no issue. Stay on topic, we are discussing transgendered individuals.
Wow. You are neither the OP or a moderator as far as I can tell. This means I can not offer deference to your statement.

As far as the facts go, what makes someone considered a female that was born a male? Genital surgery? Where is that defined? Chromosomes? No, that won't work either but I guarantee you those didn't change with SRS.

So "who" considers someone biologically different because they have surgery isn't everyone. And, if you think there is any community at all including trans and medical that is settled on what the words transgender and transsexual means than you are wrong. These definitions are very fluid at this time.

In other words, you cannot use your facts to determine if someone that doesn't agree with you is on or off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Ridiculous

A 1st grader barely knows how to say their ABC's much less realize they are not the gender they were born as.

More Liberal propaganda fluff.
How do you know this? How many studies have you read? I'd like the links. How old is proper in your opinion to know what you claim they don't at age 6?

And which surveys are you referencing or personally conducted that revealed the political philosophy of the parents that have transgender identified kids?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As I said earlier I understand that this is something people struggle with in real life. There are people with these feelings and it can't be fun. But NOT at 18 months.
This is an opinion right? If not I'd like to learn more. This is a topic I'm actively studying research documents on.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The parents are now heroes to the liberals and their "not fair" battle cry. The child is a victim they can take up for. All fits right into their little world. Liberalism is the problem here and the child is a victim.........of liberalism itself.
And I suppose there are no conservative homosexuals either.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The parents are now heroes to the liberals and their "not fair" battle cry. The child is a victim they can take up for. All fits right into their little world. Liberalism is the problem here and the child is a victim.........of liberalism itself.
Your idea of liberalism is moronic as are the parents for what they have done.

this has nothing to do with liberalism.

No 5 year old can decided whether or not they want to be a boy or a girl, and as the article states, he still has his male genitalia. There for, he is a boy and should use the boys restroom or the handicap unisex bathroom if the school has one.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
This is an opinion right? If not I'd like to learn more. This is a topic I'm actively studying research documents on.
It's common sense. Perhaps this kid was a savant at 18 months but at 18 months a kid can barely express multiple words.

Toddler milestone: Talking | BabyCenter

Was he playing with his sisters dolls? That is quite possible but that doesn't make one anything other than a kid with access to dolls. It's not even out of the norm at 18 months for a male toddler to prefer a doll over a truck. That doesn't mean much of anything.

There is no way this kid was able to express a sexual preference at 18 months.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

No 5 year old can decided whether or not they want to be a boy or a girl, and as the article states, he still has his male genitalia. There for, he is a boy and should use the boys restroom or the handicap unisex bathroom if the school has one.
I agree here with you with the exception that most psychologists or whoever is backing this idea tend to be liberal. That is a bit of a stereotype and not fair to lump all liberals in with this.

There is a lot of this type of stereotyping that goes on.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

I agree with your first point. However, I would say that from my research this isn't a "want" issue. This is an issue of dysphoria. Like I said, most outgrow it anyway and I am concerned about how publicity can affect that.

But the real issue here besides our opinions is that of the laws of Colorado.

The law basically says that places of public accommodation cannot dictate which bathroom or even locker room that someone uses if they even CONSIDER themselves trans. The facility can't even question them.

The law doesn't mention schools but if Colorado doesn't allow someone to even question a biological male using the woman's locker room, I'd say the parents have a leg to stand on. Surely schools are places of accommodation.

I think someone else mentioned the closed door nature of a bathroom stall in the girls room. A friend also reminded me that as a transexual this child is not likely to flash his genitals at anyone. She hates her genitals.

So I think the parents will win. Regardless of our personal opinions on how things should be, that's just the way they are in CO and if you don't like it then don't go there.

The school should have gotten an opinion of the AG. I bet they didn't.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:49 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
It will not be long before some 14 year old boy decides he is really a lesbian

Old 03-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
It will not be long before some 14 year old boy decides he is really a lesbian
Already has happened. It's called breaking the gender binary. A boy that identifies as a female can very well be attracted to girls and therefore to them they are a lesbian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies