Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 12:28 PM

19,669 posts, read 12,255,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
See, this is the crux. If America is such a hellhole, why are so many people literally as well as figuratively dying to immigrate there?

Anyone sneaking across the border from Arizona to Mexico? Risking a gruesome death in a seaborne cargo container to be beached on the coast of China? Sailing a skiff made of packing pallets from Florida to Cuba? Hijacking an airliner and demanding to be re-routed from LAX to Bucharest?
Over the border there lies the promised land where everything comes easy, you just hold out your hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,764,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The deep south IS a 3rd world nation. Its complete failure is evident to anyone with eyes.
The Northeast is a hellhole. It's infested with idiots and bigots, has terrible food and inhumane winters.

I would rather live in Mexico than the Northeast.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:46 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,764,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I have, and I never want to go again. Like I mentioned on the first page, the biggest dumps in the nation are in the bright red deep south.
I've been to every medium and large city in the US and can assure you there is no bigger dump than Detroit. And there are several other Northern cities almost as bad.

Your politics don't allow you to see beyond red/blue, as if that color characterizes an entire state or region.

Quite juvenile.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,963,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I've been to every medium and large city in the US and can assure you there is no bigger dump than Detroit. And there are several other Northern cities almost as bad.

Your politics don't allow you to see beyond red/blue, as if that color characterizes an entire state or region.

Quite juvenile.

Exactly. The ignorance of a few here is astounding. The only thing I can think of is they must be juveniles.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:14 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I aways love when people say "At least the US isn't as bad as (insert name of country here)". That pretty much says it all.
RT is trying some good old propaganda to stem the flow of intellectual talent and good looking women fleeing west in large numbers.

A lot of the negative dings against the USA are really lifestyle choices.

USA isn't perfect but we sure have a lot of people trying to get here by any means neccessary.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:16 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
The biggest dumps in the nation are in the bright red states.

Just take a drive through the rootin' tootin' deep south, you would think you are in a 3rd world country.
Your racism on the matter is once again noted.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:17 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,040,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That is just ridiculous propaganda. Note that it is a video published by "RussiaToday."

The USA is not the best place to live, but no one with a brain would say it is the worst. If you really think so, then I invite you to move to: Russia, China, anywhere in far eastern Europe, Afghanistan, Syria, pretty much anywhere in Africa... get the picture now?
Did anybody in this thread say it was the worst? I don't think so. The point is that the US ain't the best place to live. Contrary to what the American propaganda machine keeps telling us.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Did anybody in this thread say it was the worst? I don't think so. The point is that the US ain't the best place to live. Contrary to what the American propaganda machine keeps telling us.
Honey, that's the title of your thread---"US worst place to live?"

Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,040,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Bottom line on a country is to compare how many are trying to get in by legal or illegal invasion compared to how many are trying to get out
Lets do the comparison. Looks like the numbers are dropping rapidly.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,906,027 times
Quote:
The biggest dumps in the nation are in the bright red states.

Just take a drive through the rootin' tootin' deep south, you would think you are in a 3rd world country.
Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo are so bright red. Serious GOP strongholds right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies