Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM

488 posts, read 555,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Which is more likely? the customer switch, or buying a sealed box at walmart goning home and finding a fake in the box? My guess would be the first senario.
"Sealed box" means nothing when somebody can shrink wrap items at home. Having worked in LP I've seen countless times where somebody purchases an item, replaces it with something else, seals the box back up, and returns it shortly thereafter saying they changed their mind on the purchase. If the store doesn't have a policy of opening and checking ALL returned electronics items, a cashier may mistakenly complete the refund and have the item restocked as new.

If Wal-Mart had wanted to press the issue, they more than likely could have checked the transaction history on the item based on its serial number to see if the item had been purchased and returned in the past.

I highly doubt this woman is involved in any kind of scam because of the fact she went to the press. True scammers refine their scheme and continue trying at other stores until they find a weak one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
My cousin works in IT and he told me that companies send their reject products to stores like Walmart, Best Buy, etc..

He told me that if you look at the model number you will find that it's no longer on the companies website. That's why you often cant' buy the same exact computer or tv model from the company.
Your cousin is full of crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Well maybe Walmart needs to start opening returned packages even if the wrapping looks like it's never been opened.

Walmart's shopper base is most innovative when it comes to "got to get mine".
Must have been all those unopened christmas returns eh ?

Old 02-28-2013, 06:13 PM

30,118 posts, read 18,723,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Thats why I bought mine from Apple.
Why in the world would anyone shop at Wal Mart in the first place?

Old 02-28-2013, 06:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Why in the world would anyone shop at Wal Mart in the first place?
Because they can put painted plastic in a box, seal it, and get full price back

Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,298,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because they can put painted plastic in a box, seal it, and get full price back
Kmart's no better; I once knew a man who managed to steal a canoe from Kmart. Seriously.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,225,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
sounds like a scam to me...If I can buy a fake ipod online, what is there no chance that i buy one on line and take a real one out and replace it with a fake?

Which is more likely? the customer switch, or buying a sealed box at walmart goning home and finding a fake in the box? My guess would be the first senario.

Maybe walmart should have the costumer open the box to examine it at time of purchase. If the customer refuses, they can go to Best Buy.

Newest 1 1 Sample Model Fake Display Dummy for Apple iTouch iPod Touch 5 5th Gen | eBay

I've actually heard of that happening at Best Buy. Employees have been known to switch out the merchandise. Some people will open the box before they leave the store just to make sure they don't get ripped off.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:16 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,802,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I don't believe the story. Its trash put out by the WalMart haters.
The person, Suzanne Nassise, has a Tech background so it may not be.

https://connect.data.com/contact/vie...uzanne-nassise
https://connect.data.com/company/view/42602

Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,135,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I don't believe the story. Its trash put out by the WalMart haters.
I'd believe it, I bought a tent once for my Brother and his wife as a Christmas present and when they went to use it they found tissues and some other stuff in it indicating it was used.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,135,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
He told me that if you look at the model number you will find that it's no longer on the companies website. That's why you often cant' buy the same exact computer or tv model from the company.
The reason you might not be able to buy the same exact model is becsue Wal Mart persuades companies to give them cheaper products that look like the better one. e.g the lawnmower being sold at wal mart may look like the one that sells for $100 elsewhere but it's cheaper model.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,886,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones
sounds like a scam to me...If I can buy a fake ipod online, what is there no chance that i buy one on line and take a real one out and replace it with a fake?
Well seeing they wouldnt give her a refund at first DOES SUGGEST IT WAS A SCAM..

Who knows.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies