Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Here's what I received an hour ago via-email from my White House subscription on the sequester. This mess of a sequester is everyone's fault, literally.

Although I voted for Obama and I'm a registered Democrat (although I lean independent on my views now), my views on politics are gradually becoming more independent; for one to lean completely one way or another is what's killing this country. We need compromise, not blame thats coming from our President, Republican and Democratic Congressmen. Why let the wealthiest country to ever face this globe go under for personal differences? I think to a degree they all try to compromise, but it still isn't enough. They need to meet up more and try to compromise while putting away their ideologies and dealing with fiscal issues at the least in a logical manner. To say the Military needs $700 billion annually is idiotic, to say everyone is eligible for welfare while driving a Mercedes (which I've seen) is also idiotic, so is that something we can all agree upon?

And another thing, our GDP is going to shrink because of these cuts but maybe they are needed. Although I don't see how furloughing a employee once a week isn't going to be detrimental to the economy.
You're a goddamn POS and everything you believe in is wrong and that wouldn't be so bad except you kill women and children in your off time.

Want to compromise on how to fix things?

Yeah, I didn't think so and not only that but now anything I propose you'll be opposed to and I'll freaking vilify you for it and tell everyone how you hate grandma, want women to get raped and hope people's houses burn to the ground.

Good luck and best of wishes, and, as a friend, you're going to regret ever having stood for anything you believe in.

And, oh yeah, your future is bleak and your demographics suck and you're a racist POS.

Now, how do we move forward? Let's progress together...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 07:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
its the mid eastern shuffle. promise and sign anything but when the time comes up bail. obama signed the sequester spending cut deal 18 months ago. but now does not want to honor it.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Again, we are going to spend more this year than last year, why should anyone be furloughed?

The increase was supposed to be 9.5%. It's going to be 7%, the government says inflation last year was 1.7%.
The budget of a specific agency, lets say the IRS, only increases with inflation. Hypothetically speaking, lets say the IRS received about $13 trillion in the past budget, now it receives $13.5 in this years budget (because of inflation) without hiring any new employees, building new facilities, etc. by cutting it back to $13.1 billion means the budget did grow in raw numbers but the purchasing power or value of the $13.1 billion is less than that of the $13 trillion.

Lets step it down a bit, do you remember when a bag of Lays chips were $0.25 a bag? Well say I give you $.25 to go to the store and purchase me a bag, it wouldn't be a possible to purchase even if I gave you another dime since a bag of chips now cost more. The purchasing power of $.25 is far less than it was a few years ago, thats why the price of chips are like $.50 or a dollar now. The same works with the gov't, it can pay me $1000 bi-weekly when my rent is $500 monthly and I'll be rolling in the money, but what if my rent goes up to $650 monthly? I'll need to paid more to keep up with paying my rent and saving the same amount of money previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You're a goddamn POS and everything you believe in is wrong and that wouldn't be so bad except you kill women and children in your off time.

Yeah, I didn't think so and not only that but now anything I propose you'll be opposed to and I'll freaking vilify you for it and tell everyone how you hate grandma, want women to get raped and hope people's houses burn to the ground.

Good luck and best of wishes, and, as a friend, you're going to regret ever having stood for anything you believe in.

And, oh yeah, your future is bleak and your demographics suck and you're a racist POS.

Well as I kill woman and children in my spare time, I'd expect you to condemn me on it but instead you keep giving me the gun, drone, and also passing legislation on me using them simply because you agree with my policies but you try not to show it to your constituents. We can only compromise behind closed doors because we both are supposed to disagree with each other's policies but no one really knows were truly friends, benefiting the interest of those whom are higher up on the economic ladder. You may say its bad and try to vilify me because I want to cut medicare, but in reality that's what you want to do as well, so lets both say bye bye to grandma. One of us pretends to care that grandma is important, the other shows she isn't important. Which is really worse?

Last edited by BMORE; 03-01-2013 at 07:21 PM..

Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
NOTHING is his fault. Hell last election if you heard him campaigning he was running against an incumbent president. Some other guy had been ruining the country the last four years. Liberals will lap it up like ants to sugar as always though.

President Obama preemptively blamed congressional Republicans for the next six months of economic weakness, saying they didn’t avert sequestration because lawmakers “paint horns on [his] head” rather than negotiate.
“We shouldn’t be making a series of dumb, arbitrary cuts to things that businesses depend on and that workers depend on,” Obama said today after meeting with top lawmakers this morning. “Every time we get a piece of economic news over the next month, the next two months, the next six months . . . we’ll know that that economic news could have been better if Congress had not failed to act . . . They decided to protect special interest tax breaks for the well-off and the well-connected.”

Obama blames GOP for the next six months of economic news | WashingtonExaminer.com
I saw a t-shirt the other day that had the definition of liberal as "Someone so open minded their brain fell out".

You've got it. NOTHING is his fault. Never mind he's actually the PRESIDENT. He's pretty darned helpless for a president, isn't he? Can't get anything done and it's always "Not Me's" fault....just like when we were kids...

Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
The budget of a specific agency, lets say the IRS, only increases with inflation. Hypothetically speaking, lets say the IRS received about $13 trillion in the past budget, now it receives $13.5 in this years budget (because of inflation) without hiring any new employees, building new facilities, etc. by cutting it back to $13.1 billion means the budget did grow in raw numbers but the purchasing power or value of the $13.1 billion is less than that of the $13 trillion.
I can only note that simply because you make these numbers up and say it's the way it is, doesn't make it so.

The Administration’s fiscal year (FY) 2013 budget request for the Internal Revenue Service is approximately $12.8 billion, a $944.5 million increase (8%) over the FY 2012 enacted level

As I noted, the official government inflation numbers were 1.7%. Somewhere your numbers do not add up.

IRS FY 2013 Budget Proposal Summary

Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How can you sit there and blame one part of the government while ignoring the Congress that controls the purse strings of the country?
How can you sit there and blame only the Republican majority control of the House while the Democrats control both the Senate and the Presidency? Aren't you just doing the exact same thing that you're asking how people can sit there and do?

Quote:
That shows one of two things, either that you are totally ignorant on how the governemnt works or you hatered of the current president is so deep all logic is tossed to the wayside.
You mean like liberals blaming Bush when Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate the final two years of his administration? "Bush's" war that passed Congress due to Democrat votes? The housing bubble that Barney Frank said he was "willing to roll the dice" on? The corporate welfare bailouts that the majority of Democrats voted in favor of?

Sorry, but you've got no leg to stand on here whatsoever. You try to be condescending to people like that, you should first make sure the Democrats didn't approve each and every one of the actions that they hold Bush solely responsible for.

Quote:
I can understand the fraustration regarding this matter, but come on it took bush 8 year to screw up the country and obama came in with the leading republicans fighting to block everything that they can BEFORE he even took office! I guess that part of the conversation eluded many of you.
And the fact that the Democrats voted along with the decisions that screwed up the economy seems to have eluded you. So you're kinda even there.

No battle was fought without Democrat support. No subprime mortgage was offered without Democrat support. No company was bailed out without Democrat support. No dollar was put in the defense budget without Democrat support.

Quote:
This buttwipes are still fighting against anything that he does even if it is their own ideas.
I have yet to see conservatives fight against Obama for doing anything that was a conservative idea.

Quote:
I do not agree with everything that obama does, but why all of the sudden republicans decide that the budget is the most important thing AFTER bush ran it up like a drunken sailor on shore leave?
Because Obama is running it up at twice the rate.

Quote:
Now you have that turtle looking weirdo whathisface, girlieboy lindsey, the cryptkeeper mccain and that beady-eyed bastasd bonner playing crips and bloods with the American people! Those week kneed dumbocrats are partially to blame as well, crooked azz pelosi, those coward blue mutt democrats.
No, they are not "partially" to blame. They are mostly to blame. Because they continuously go on TV and rail against the Republicans for not "compromising" when they've been offered compromises and rejected them and continuously rail against Republicans for being the "Do Nothing party" when it's the Democrats who have rejected multiple Republican proposals for budgets while not doing their own in the Senate for 4 years.

Quote:
Some of you are pissed because he is black but are scared to admit it, others totally ignore the fact that he only signs bills and does not create them, and some of you that are bitching have not voted since Reagen was in office.
He creates bills by working with Democrats in Congress on what he wants done and then having one of them sponsor it.

It's funny how you make a post full of excuses for how stupid people are for not realizing that Obama is not responsible for what has happened in his administration while in the same message talked about how Bush screwed up the country.

And this is, in fact, the major conservative complaint. Democrats simply don't take any responsibility. When Bush is President, then everything is the President's fault. When Obama is President, then everything is the Republican Representatives' fault. Now why nothing under Bush was the Democrat Congress' fault? Well, they just ignore that.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can only note that simply because you make these numbers up and say it's the way it is, doesn't make it so.

The Administration’s fiscal year (FY) 2013 budget request for the Internal Revenue Service is approximately $12.8 billion, a $944.5 million increase (8%) over the FY 2012 enacted level

As I noted, the official government inflation numbers were 1.7%. Somewhere your numbers do not add up.

IRS FY 2013 Budget Proposal Summary
Well I guess some spending increases did occur rather it was through training, contractors, renovating old facilities that need to be uplifted, or whatever; I'm just trying to make the point that govt spending is going to increase by inflation. It's not like entire agencies are being furloughed though, but nonetheless it's 'saving' money in a sense.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Well I guess some spending increases did occur rather it was through training, contractors, renovating old facilities that need to be uplifted, or whatever; I'm just trying to make the point that govt spending is going to increase by inflation. It's not like entire agencies are being furloughed though, but nonetheless it's 'saving' money in a sense.
If we would agree to raise the spending at the rate of inflation the cuts would be far larger. I'm good with that.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:45 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Wow, that's priceless. Made me literally laugh out loud. Great post

Old 03-01-2013, 08:48 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
When Bush was president

I was employed from 1999-2008

Since Obama has been in Office

Jan 2009-layoff
Aug 2009-layoff
july 2011-layoff
dec 2011-layoff

The End
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies