Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 07:19 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,220,208 times

Advertisements

Well I guess if there was a way to turn it into some sort of commercial holiday where you go out and buy a bunch of stuff, then it could be a federal holiday. Though me being non-religious, I never even knew what Good Friday really was or when it was, not that I ever cared to find out either.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:24 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,438,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Jesus Christ was ressurected - there is first hand testimonial to to this fact.

Why do you subscribe to the deniers, whom have no evidence to support their erroneous claims?
Hate to break the bubble, but first hand testimony 2,000 years ago isn't normally worth more than a game of telephone among kids.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Jesus Christ was ressurected - there is first hand testimonial to to this fact.

Why do you subscribe to the deniers, whom have no evidence to support their erroneous claims?
So what you are saying is Jesus is a zombie?

Old 03-03-2013, 07:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I guess if there was a way to turn it into some sort of commercial holiday where you go out and buy a bunch of stuff, then it could be a federal holiday. Though me being non-religious, I never even knew what Good Friday really was or when it was, not that I ever cared to find out either.
Well, that's Easter, but it's on a Sunday.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, that's Easter, but it's on a Sunday.
That is true, though most people don't celebrate Jesus Zombie day, they typically celebrate freak bunny that lays eggs day.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,410,311 times
Do we need another federal holiday to begin with?

Census data would suggest that a new hispanic federal holiday might be more likely...from what I read Miami, New York City and Los Angeles already do. I don't care to begin with...

Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,945,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
People have the right to believe what they wish, no need to be critical or make fun! It is his/her belief, accept it for what it is and leave it at that.

Because their beliefs should not trump secular govt. Many, many people in this country don't believe it, so why should a Fed holiday be forced down their throat. The govt should stick to holidays honoring past heroes of the US, or national celebrations. Easter isn't either of those.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,656,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Because it's a religious holiday.
That's a big duh.
Want it, move to a country that provides it.

I have no desire to celebrate christianity, it's not my religion and the government doesn't have an official religion.
Want that, well, I can provide the names of countries that have state religions.

Got some proof of a god thingie?
Anything? Anything at all?
Ok, cancel all religous days off.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM

10,052 posts, read 18,096,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I really dont get the largely anti-Christian folk in this country. If it wasnt for Christian values/beliefs, we would not have had America. America would not be as free and great as its has been. Like it or not, it isnt just decent moral values, but largely Christian values that helped shape this country. So I wouldnt be so quick to spit on religion and Christians as people seem to do here.

Though then again, maybe that is why some are all for someone like Obama declaring openly that he wants to transform our country.

I wont put it how some put it, but I do in fact believe the abandoning of God and morals and decency in our country, has indeed played a part in our decline. Free will, yes. But that doesnt mean it doesnt come with a price.
Um, Christian "values"? Where were those "values" when so-called "Christians" were doing some very un-Christ-like things? But in any case, you're not answering his question. The answer to the OP's question is very simple and he knows it. Can you say troll post by a newbie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
People have the right to believe what they wish, no need to be critical or make fun! It is his/her belief, accept it for what it is and leave it at that.
Um, but his/her religious beliefs do not trump separation of church and state. Good Friday has particular RELIGIOUS meanings and no secular meaning that I am aware of. Should we have Rosh Hashanah as a federal holiday as well? Or a Muslim holiday? I would bet the OP would yell and scream about those, if we did.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 AM

880 posts, read 2,026,263 times
Religion has KILLED millions of people
Santa Claus has killed no one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies