Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2013, 07:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
DEMAND an Investigation into Benghazigate | Special Operations Speaks

TELL CONGRESS
They Must Form a Special Committee to Investigate Benghazi

Obama and his cronies continue to gag and hide the Benghazi survivors.
Demand the survivors' FBI interviews be released to Congress
and a Special Prosecutor be appointed immediately.
Why do you think you have a right to their names?

And why does this website proclaim that "we need to stop the leaks to protect our troops" while at the same time demanding same?
Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 07:44 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why do you think you have a right to their names?

And why does this website proclaim that "we need to stop the leaks to protect our troops" while at the same time demanding same?
Hypocrisy at it's finest.
The public doesn't need the names. The Committee does so that the investigation can go forward.

In this case, I doubt that protection of our troops is on the administration's minds. It's more like self-preservation of them and their jobs, I suspect.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
For some of us we'd just like the truth. Just........the truth.

We'll never get it. Too many politicians are corrupt, too many are covering their asses, too many are covering their bosses asses, too many don't care, and too many are just plain incompetent.

I'm one of those people who just think that the American people are owed the truth.

1. The citizens, because if we don't know what happened, and just accept the coverups as "business as usual" it just emboldens politicians to lie and lie bigger the next time.

2. The military, because some of their own died trying to defend Stevens and the embassy. All those who died, died while serving our country and representing US overseas.

3. The parents of those who died. All of these dead patriots had parents who loved and cared about them. They deserve to know how their children died.

I don't have a political agenda in wanting to know what happened. I just think that our government should not be able to get away with the lies, the deceit, the coverups, and the disrespect they have displayed.
Re: #3, how do you know they don't? Their family members were most likely covert operatives. Do you really believe that their names and missions should be public knowledge? Should their families now be at risk to satisfy your need to know?
Really?

Last edited by TigerLily24; 03-09-2013 at 08:05 AM..

Old 03-09-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Investigations, Not Unemployment, Top Republican Agenda - Leslie Marshall (usnews.com)

"And imagine my surprise further when California Rep. Darell Issa said he wants numerous investigators hired and wants to create seven subcommittees to hold “one or two hearings each week.†“I want seven hearings a week, times 40 weeks.†He wants to launch investigations into the bank bailout, the stimulus and, potentially healthcare reform."

Why don't conservatives demand some thing else of the people representing them ?
Fear is their biggest motivator. They need it, feed on it and manufacture it when it doesn't exist.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:52 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Not you.
And it sure as heck isn't Sean Hannity.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I would like to ask some questions myself. When Sen. McCain said[and I heard from his lips to my ears]...AMB Chris Stevens was a close personal friend of mine.

Senator McCain, if AMB Stevens is a close personal friend of yours, did he convey to you his concerns about security at the mission? If he did, what was your response? Did you lodge his concerns with the Senate Oversight committee, The State Department, or the White House? If not...Why?
I've wondered about this as well. The good senator claims that he received a letter from ambassador Stevens in July wherein he expressed his concerns about security. If this is true, why didn't McCain push for better security then? Why didn't he hold hearings then? Or at minimum pick up the phone and demand action? If he had information and didn't share it, isn't he culpable to some degree?

Old 03-09-2013, 08:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Since it involves the incompetence of both Hillary and Obama, the media lap dogs will not touch this issue, and the liberal fan club of those two politicians don't care what went wrong.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Since it involves the incompetence of both Hillary and Obama, the media lap dogs will not touch this issue, and the liberal fan club of those two politicians don't care what went wrong.
The media has covered it extensively. The problem for those who are still wringing their hands is that they covered what was true, rather than the fevered hallucinations of right-wing outrage junkies.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:58 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Re: #3, how do you know they don't? Their family members were most likely covert operatives. Do you really believe that their names and missions should be public knowledge? Should their families now be at risk to satisfy your need to know?
Really?
Well, we all saw how Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame got swept under the Bush carpet, didn't we. That story lasted what? Fifteen minutes?

Old 03-09-2013, 10:13 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, we all saw how Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame got swept under the Bush carpet, didn't we. That story lasted what? Fifteen minutes?
You need to get out more.

A question for you, Who did Fitzpatrick CHARGE with outing her after his long investigation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies