Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:43 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,444,080 times

Advertisements

I see a lot of posting here that somehow its conservatives versus liberals on this issue. I really don't think thats the case, as most conservatives and liberal (according to the research featured) agree that income equality (at least to the extent we see today) is a problem.

NO one is saying (in this article at least) that everyone should make the same. That isn't the point of the video. Some income equality is perfectly acceptable, and rewards innovation.

To me this isn't a conservative vs democrat issue

This is a democracy issue. OUr democracy is for sale, and its been bought and sold. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,351,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You have to understand that conservatives don't care about wealth inequality. They don't care about statistics that prove that wealth inequality is much greater then in the past and much greater than Americans want.

conservatives will focus on some irrelevant thing about the behavior of imaginary people, make some vague projection about these imaginary people that has nothing to do with wealth inequality, and that is enough for them.

conservatives do not deal with reality when it comes to public policy.
The actions of the Fed and Treasury the last 5 years is the reason for the growth in wealth inequality. Before that more of it was because of offshoring but as of late it's the actions of The administration and the Fed to make sure that Wall Street kept the standard of growth they were used to.

Does/did, the right support this? In large part yes. Does the left? While they may not support it in the same way, they are fully supporting it by not demanding change.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:48 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,519,172 times
Quote:
Here is the text of my previous post about conservatives.

Iamme73:
You have to understand that conservatives don't care about wealth inequality. They don't care about statistics that prove that wealth inequality is much greater then in the past and much greater than Americans want.

conservatives will focus on some irrelevant thing about the behavior of imaginary people, make some vague projection about these imaginary people that has nothing to do with wealth inequality, and that is enough for them.

conservatives do not deal with reality when it comes to public policy.

Here is a conservative response to the thread topic.

HappyTexan:

Some people spend their money as soon as they get it while others save and invest and make money off their money.

You can't achieve 100% wealth equality EVER. There will always be that gap.
And you can thank your government for putting laws and programs in place to make sure that gap NEVER CLOSES.

This conservative wrote a completely irrelevant fact free post that has nothing to do with wealth inequality growing. The conservative didn't attempt to engage with the data. or even have a cogent coherent response about the topic.

Just nonsense pilled on top of garbage.

This why it is an absolute waste of time engaging conservatives in policy discussions. They don't accept objective reality. They don't discuss facts about these topics. It is all make believe stuff and irrelevant nonsense.
If you read your original post (bolded above) it is nothing more than an opinion.

You wrote a completely irrelevant fact free post that has nothing to do with wealth inequality growing and everything to do with your opinion. You made zero didn't attempt to engage with the data. or even have a cogent coherent response about the topic. Yet, you expect differently from others? lols.

Your post was nothing more than your opinion about imaginery conservatives if you ask me.

You probably just repaeated what that Rachael Madcow fella on MSNBC told you to think.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:49 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,311,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The actions of the Fed and Treasury the last 5 years is the reason for the growth in wealth inequality. Before that more of it was because of offshoring but as of late it's the actions of The administration and the Fed to make sure that Wall Street kept the standard of growth they were used to.

Does/did, the right support this? In large part yes. Does the left? While they may not support it in the same way, they are fully supporting it by not demanding change.
Only problem with your analysis is that wealth inequality has been growing for over 30 years.

Why do conservative lie so much?

There is plenty of data documenting the exploding wealth gap and it doesn't begin 5 years with the election of President Obama.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,351,625 times
Quote:
Only problem with your analysis is that wealth inequality has been growing for over 30 years.
My argument did not dispute that. I noted where much of the inequality came from before our current problem, right? I never denied that offshoring was a leading factor before that, right?

Quote:

There is plenty of data documenting the exploding wealth gap and it doesn't begin 5 years with the election of President Obama.

Physician heal thyself.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
If you read your original post (bolded above) it is nothing more than an opinion.

You wrote a completely irrelevant fact free post that has nothing to do with wealth inequality growing and everything to do with your opinion. You made zero didn't attempt to engage with the data. or even have a cogent coherent response about the topic. Yet, you expect differently from others? lols.

Your post was nothing more than your opinion about imaginery conservatives if you ask me.

You probably just repaeated what that Rachael Madcow fella on MSNBC told you to think.
You are right my post doesn't have anything to do with wealth inequality.

I am pointing out how conservatives don't care about the subject matter, and won't address it.

This is why I reposted what conservatives in this thread wrote. It proves my point.

12,149 posts, read 8,439,064 times
Quote:

Go back 100 or 200 years and plot the trend and get back with us.

Quote:

I'd like to know why it matters that the "wealth gap" is growing?

I always hear about it but never heard a reason why it is bad?

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet being wealthy aint hurt me one bit. Aint hurt anyone else either.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My argument did not dispute that. I noted where much of the inequality came from before our current problem, right? I never denied that offshoring was a leading factor before that, right?

Physician heal thyself.
conservative deal with data about wealth inequality and have a rational discussion. Instead of a bunch of word vomit about 5 years ago.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
You are right my post doesn't have anything to do with wealth inequality.

I am pointing out how conservatives don't care about the subject matter, and won't address it.

This is why I reposted what conservatives in this thread wrote. It proves my point.
I never heard a liberal address why it's a problem.

Just because some say it's a problem doesn't make it so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies