Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:40 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,355,065 times

Advertisements

I do not believe that fathers have enough say in whether or not a woman carrying their fetus should have an abortion.

As it stands, a woman can abort a fetus despite whatever opinion the father may have on the issue. If he wants her to keep the fetus, she can still abort. If he doesn't want her to keep the fetus, she can abort.

What about the scenarios where the man DOESN'T want her to keep the fetus and the woman refuses to abort! This is wrong to me. I think if the father wants the pregnancy terminated the mother should follow through with his wishes and end the pregnacy.

I think in order for a pregnancy to come to term their needs to be MUTUAL consent on whether or not to have a baby. If either parent is in disagreement then the fetus should be aborted promptly.

What do you all think? As a very pro-choice person I think there needs to be consent from both parties before a child is born.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,440,941 times
That's crazy...how can you force a woman to have an abortion if she doesn't want to. If a man has a problem with that, then he shouldn't have slept with her in the first place.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,028,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
That's crazy...how can you force a woman to have an abortion if she doesn't want to. If a man has a problem with that, then he shouldn't have slept with her in the first place.
This debate has been done until we've all nearly passed out.

As one of the first posters of this thread...I 'll say what I've always said, if the argument is that a woman should have a choice as to what to do with her own body--then a man should have a choice as to do with his own money.

If no one should be able to force a woman to be a biological mother--no one should be able to force a man to be a father financially. He should have the option not to be added to the birth certifcate and be absolved of any and all responsibilities just as a woman would with an abortion.

Fair is fair.

If the pro abortionists don't like it--then they should heed their own advice and keep their legs closed until they find a man who wants that responsibility.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Often though you have scenarios where the woman lies about being on birth control to purposely get pregnant. This happens a lot because women think if they have a man's baby then the man will stay with them. That isn't fair to the man at all.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
This debate has been done until we were all tears in the eyes.

As one of the first posters of this thread...I 'll say what I've always said, if the argument is that a woman should have a choice as to what to do with her own body--then a man should have a choice as to do with his own money.

If no one should be able to force a woman to be a biological mother--no one should be able to force a man to be a father financially. He should have the option not to be added to the birth certifcate and be absolved of any and all responsibilities just as a woman would with an abortion.

Fair is fair.
That is a different scenario, though. You are talking about after birth. I am talking about while the child is just a fetus.

If the child is born, both parties should be held financially responsible. To help insure this doesn't happen, I support giving the man the right to have his fetus aborted.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,028,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
That is a different scenario, though. You are talking about after birth. I am talking about while the child is just a fetus.

If the child is born, both parties should be held financially responsible. To help insure this doesn't happen, I support giving the man the right to have his fetus aborted.
I disagree with half of what you have stated. This isn't about the "fetus" this is about reproductive rights is it not? If a man doesn't want to reproduce then he shouldn't have to by law, just as a woman shouldn't. We can all argue about what actually consistitutes "life" all day, but at the end of the day--someone has to take legal responsibility for the child.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:50 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,675,850 times
Maybe it's time for a pre-sex agreement, similar to a pre-nup.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,270,343 times
Maybe it's time for all the men who are worried about this to get snipped.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:04 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,288,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Maybe it's time for all the men who are worried about this to get snipped.
Or, the laws could just be fair. Vasectomies aren't really reversible and RISUG is not available yet.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:07 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,093,273 times
Biology isn't fair.....take it up with your god or mother nature.

Since the woman is the one who has to carry the pregnancy.....her choice is all that counts.....as it should be.

Last edited by Annie53; 03-03-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies