Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:12 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times

Advertisements

This is so extremely sad to me. I believe women have the right to abortion but not this sort of thing this goes beyond humane.

Babies born alive in the 6th, 7th and 8 months of pregnancy, to have their spinal cords cut with scissors.

A Pennsylvania doctor is accused of running a "house of horrors" in which he performed abortions past the 24-week limit allowed by law -- even allegedly as late as eight months into pregnancy.
The practice, called the Women's Medical Society, served mostly low-income minority women for years. Gosnell is not a board-certified obstetrician or gynecologist, Williams said.
Originally, he said, the clinic used another doctor as a consultant so it could receive a license to perform abortions in 1979.
"The doctor gained a reputation. People far and wide knew that he performed abortions at any time," Williams said.

Doctor accused of severing babies' spines with scissors in 'house of horrors' - CNN.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
This should be interesting how this plays out. We are in selective enforcement mode with regards to who is and is not guilty these days.

Obviously the law was broken and the "doctor" operates with a seared conscience.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This is so extremely sad to me. I believe women have the right to abortion but not this sort of thing this goes beyond humane.

Babies born alive in the 6th, 7th and 8 months of pregnancy, to have their spinal cords cut with scissors.

A Pennsylvania doctor is accused of running a "house of horrors" in which he performed abortions past the 24-week limit allowed by law -- even allegedly as late as eight months into pregnancy.
The practice, called the Women's Medical Society, served mostly low-income minority women for years. Gosnell is not a board-certified obstetrician or gynecologist, Williams said.
Originally, he said, the clinic used another doctor as a consultant so it could receive a license to perform abortions in 1979.
"The doctor gained a reputation. People far and wide knew that he performed abortions at any time," Williams said.

Doctor accused of severing babies' spines with scissors in 'house of horrors' - CNN.com

This is disgusting. I didn't read the article but I can guess how he's getting away with it, and legally. By inducing labor, saying there is some kind of medical reason, and then "destroying" the child after it's born alive. Absolutely terrible that anybody would do this, as a doctor or as a mother.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:38 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
All the regulations in the world won't stop illegal activities like this. The only thing we can do is charge them if they are caught.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
All the regulations in the world won't stop illegal activities like this. The only thing we can do is charge them if they are caught.
This is true and not to derail this applies to many things. Guns come to mind......

Anyway laws will not change the fact that a certain portion will decide to ignore them no matter what. The problem I have (this happened a good while ago and there is a lot of info on it) is that the other abortion providers appear to have known what was going on here but they weren't speaking up for whatever reasons.

It seems many knew and kept their mouths shut.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:53 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is disgusting. I didn't read the article but I can guess how he's getting away with it, and legally. By inducing labor, saying there is some kind of medical reason, and then "destroying" the child after it's born alive. Absolutely terrible that anybody would do this, as a doctor or as a mother.
You should read it, if you can stomach it. This was huge news in PA a couple of years back as the Dr., who is not an OB/Gyn was supposedly operating an abortion clinic illegally and performing medically unnecessary late term abortions as well as endangering and killing patients.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It said in the article they are low income

Old 03-05-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
You should read it, if you can stomach it. This was huge news in PA a couple of years back as the Dr., who is not an OB/Gyn was supposedly operating an abortion clinic illegally and performing medically unnecessary late term abortions as well as endangering and killing patients.
This is the first I had heard of it. I dont know how someone would allow him to practice ob/gyn for as long as he did

Old 03-05-2013, 03:07 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

I just want to vomit after reading the article.....

Old 03-05-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is true and not to derail this applies to many things. Guns come to mind......

Anyway laws will not change the fact that a certain portion will decide to ignore them no matter what. The problem I have (this happened a good while ago and there is a lot of info on it) is that the other abortion providers appear to have known what was going on here but they weren't speaking up for whatever reasons.

It seems many knew and kept their mouths shut.
Abortions use to be done in back room dirty places who knows how many women died because of it. But now people use it as a remedy for reckless behavior not all but many do. In poor areas I would suspect that education to sex and how babies are born is not happening as much as it should be and these young ladies dont know what else to do. But I am only surmising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies