Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,580,413 times

Advertisements

I think Brown is insane.
What does he want from this man? Finally the parole board grants him leave, and Brown steps in to deny it, why? What's his motivation?
I think this is cruel. This man has rehabilitated himself and has served his time. He is 70 yrs old now.
Is there no compassion or forgiveness in this country anymore? I hope Brown doesn't call himself a Christian.
I thought they should have paroled Atkins also.

Quote:
Davis was 30 when he was sentenced to life in prison in 1972 in the case, which was a postscript to Manson's notorious reign as leader of the murderous communal cult.

"I have represented over 700 life prisoners and of all of them, Bruce Davis is the most rehabilitated and qualified," the attorney said.
He said Brown's "paper review" of the case was insufficient to understand who Davis is today.

Davis became a born-again Christian in prison and ministered to other inmates, married a woman he met through the prison ministry, and has a grown daughter. The couple recently divorced.

Davis also earned a master's degree and a doctorate in philosophy of religion.
Brown commended him for his self-help efforts but said the work was outweighed by other factors.
Manson and three of his followers, Leslie Van Houten, Patricia Krenwinkel and Charles "Tex" Watson, remain in prison for life in the Tate killings. Their co-defendant, Susan Atkins, died of cancer behind bars in 2009.
Governor denies parole to ex-Manson follower - Yahoo! News

Now I've heard everything. He's Catholic, but he requires all schools teach gay history. That my friends is a bigot.

What is Jerry Brown's religion?

Brown is Catholic.

Was Jerry Brown born a Catholic, or did he convert?

Brown was born a Catholic and spent four years studying to be a Catholic priest in a Jesuit seminary.
What Is Jerry Brown's Religion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 09:56 PM

Brown expounds on his religion. He thinks he's a missionary doing God's work.
This guy is evil. It really disturbs me when people like this call themselves Christians.

What has Jerry Brown said about religion?

Explaining how his religious past can co-exist with his career as a politician, Brown told the San Francisco Chronicle: "Well, there's a certain missionary component to trying to do good in the public realm that is parallel to doing good in the religious call. And civic engagement and public service at its best reflects the Christian commitment to do justice, seek mercy, and to be compassionate and to create a more just society. So those things -- they're certainly very different, profoundly different -- but there is a fundamental base in my earlier training that guides me as I do things in government and public service."

Old 03-01-2013, 09:58 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,066,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I hope Brown doesn't call himself a Christian.
A true Christian would send Manson to God, so God could hurry up and judge him. Express Manson to the front of the line.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
A true Christian would send Manson to God, so God could hurry up and judge him. Express Manson to the front of the line.
I truly believe that would be more compassionate.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:18 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,066,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I truly believe that would be more compassionate.
If Manson doesn't like his jail cell, he's free to liberate himself by chewing through his wrists or finding some other creative way to arrange his meeting with God.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:24 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,406,370 times
He killed 2 people. How about they let him out when he can bring those folks back to life.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,467,469 times
Compassion, did he show compassion for a preganant women about to give birth, as she pleaded and pleaded for her life. I knew Patty Tate thru a friend.

That tragedy, is something the family never got over ever. He showed no compassion and i heard the stories, believe me i heard the stories, maybe more then some people.

He showed no compassion no mercy, as people were dying, none at all. The tate family were never the same after that. Too damn bad he does not know what the word compassion means. Sharon pleaded and pleaded for her life, he did not care about her or the baby.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:07 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,406,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Compassion, did he show compassion for a preganant women about to give birth, as she pleaded and pleaded for her life. I knew Patty Tate thru a friend.

That tragedy, is something the family never got over ever. He showed no compassion and i heard the stories, believe me i heard the stories, maybe more then some people.

He showed no compassion no mercy, as people were dying, none at all. The tate family were never the same after that. Too damn bad he does not know what the word compassion means. Sharon pleaded and pleaded for her life, he did not care about her or the baby.
To be fair Bruce Davis, the subject of the OPs article, was not thought to be involved in the Tate/LaBianca murders.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:31 PM

334 posts, read 451,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
He killed 2 people. How about they let him out when he can bring those folks back to life.
He was convicted with Manson and others in the murders of musician Gary Hinman and stuntman ranch hand Donald "Shorty" Shea.

When those two come back to life, he can get out.

So he is an old man(boo f'n hoo), he has it better in prison than he would outside anyway.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:42 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,044,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Manson never killed anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies