Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

I blame the 4 million Republicans who didn't show up to the polls on Nov. 6.

Do you really blame the die hard Ron Paul guys and gals, after what the GOP machine pulled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 PM

419 posts, read 656,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I disagree that he is 'throwing a tantrum' or 'acting like a 13 year old girl' ~ but there is no changing your mind about that portrayal. I don't care if it starting raining gold - your kind would still find a way to demonize the President. It's what you do.

Business Execs get by with a LOT more - you saw how the Hostess CEO's were hurting, correct?

If any voters are 'uninformed', I would say it is the low information right.
You are so right. Can't convince the liberals of anything. Don't even try. Obviously they are the entitled ones as those are the majority of the people who voted for the guy in office. Cannot even say his name - he's the worse President ever and will go down in history as such.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:38 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
It is venture capital and your biased, revisionist use of vocabulary will not change that fact.
My father (a liberal) dabbled in venture capitalism after retiring from corporate management... in his words, it basically consisted of "throwing money at start-ups and waiting to make more money." He found it dull and frustrating, and withdrew the investments after about a year. It wasn't even hard enough work for a retired 65 year-old, so I wouldn't exactly call this "rolling up one's sleeves and toiling in the field."

Old 03-09-2013, 06:39 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
How is this post racist? Are you calling Lindsay Lohan a white girl?

Never mind - this post is so ridiculous, it's not worth the effort.

Carry on.
Do you know anything about the panhandle of Idaho? It's a bastion of racial separatists, tax evaders, gun hoarders and other assorted nuts. Unless you've lived around such an environment, you can't reall appreciate the level of paranoia and insanity.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwretired View Post
You are so right. Can't convince the liberals of anything. Don't even try.
Riiiiight, because conservatives are just SO easy to convince of facts with which they disagree! Yep, that's why I've witnessed conservatives arguing with facts from the NIH, CDC, Webster's Dictionary, and pretty much every other legitimate source I have used in debates with you/them. Yeah, you're a real open-minded and reasonable bunch. Now please excuse me while I have a laughing fit.

Quote:
Obviously they are the entitled ones as those are the majority of the people who voted for the guy in office.
What do you mean by "the entitled ones?" Entitled to what, exactly? If you're trying to say liberals collect more benefits, that would be a false assumption... statistics vary depending on the source (since political persuasion isn't questioned at the time of application), but anyone with a shred of logical reasoning knows there are just as many conservatives on welfare etc. And aren't there MORE liberal million/billionaires than conservative ones? Sure seems like it to me, but then again I live in Silicon Valley - you know, home to the largest percentage of billionaires with a Democrat voting base of over 70%?

Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Do you know anything about the panhandle of Idaho? It's a bastion of racial separatists, tax evaders, gun hoarders and other assorted nuts. Unless you've lived around such an environment, you can't reall appreciate the level of paranoia and insanity.
One of my best friends moved to Coeur d'Alene about two years ago, and would definitely agree with that assessment! She's a half-Mexican bisexual woman, and has already been confronted with some really nasty comments... and that's without doing anything to "call attention to herself," in fact she hasn't even dated any women up there. She does like it overall, but mostly attributes that to her being "half white trash" (her words, before anyone accuses me of being anti-white - LOL).

Old 03-09-2013, 06:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
and your point is?

the two clowns in this thread said President Obama never had a real job. I presented facts of two real jobs he had(he had several more).
A real job means that one accomplished something.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
A real job means that one accomplished something.
You think professors & attorneys don't accomplish anything? I know conservatives hate higher education, but c'mon... even for you that's a stretch! I guess my job accomplishes nothing either, seeing as I'm also in the field of education and community services.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:03 PM

Btw, I'd like to see if YOU (Harrier or any other anti-Obama poster here) have accomplished even half of this:

Two years after graduating, Obama was hired in Chicago as director of the Developing Communities Project (DCP), a church-based community organization originally comprising eight Catholic parishes in Roseland, West Pullman, and Riverdale on Chicago's South Side. He worked there as a community organizer from June 1985 to May 1988. He helped set up a job training program, a college preparatory tutoring program, and a tenants' rights organization in Altgeld Gardens. Obama also worked as a consultant and instructor for the Gamaliel Foundation, a community organizing institute.
In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year, and president of the journal in his second year. During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as an associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990. After graduating with a J.D. magna *** laude from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago. Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review gained national media attention and led to a publishing contract and advance for a book about race relations, which evolved into a personal memoir. The manuscript was published in mid-1995 as Dreams from My Father.

University of Chicago Law School and civil rights attorney
In 1991, Obama accepted a two-year position as Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School to work on his first book. He then taught at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years—as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004—teaching constitutional law.
From April to October 1992, Obama directed Illinois's Project Vote, a voter registration campaign with ten staffers and seven hundred volunteer registrars; it achieved its goal of registering 150,000 of 400,000 unregistered African Americans in the state, leading Crain's Chicago Business to name Obama to its 1993 list of "40 under Forty" powers to be.
In 1993, he joined Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, a 13-attorney law firm specializing in civil rights litigation and neighborhood economic development, where he was an associate for three years from 1993 to 1996, then of counsel from 1996 to 2004. His law license became inactive in 2007.
From 1994 to 2002, Obama served on the boards of directors of the Woods Fund of Chicago, which in 1985 had been the first foundation to fund the Developing Communities Project; and of the Joyce Foundation. He served on the board of directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge from 1995 to 2002, as founding president and chairman of the board of directors from 1995 to 1999.

No accomplishments, huh?? What exactly do you define as an accomplishment?

Old 03-09-2013, 07:05 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
If any voters are 'uninformed', I would say it is the low information right.
"Low information" is affilliated with the left - in fact it is the first two words of the acronymn LIBERAL - Low Information and Brazenly Erroneous Rapscallions And Lefties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies