Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times

Advertisements

I went to Walmart today to pick up some groceries. I haven't been in the store for some time now. I usually shop at Publix. Walmart's store shelves were empty, and the items were messy looking as if they needed to be straightened up. It looked a mess. Anyone else see this in their Walmart Store?

Here is a link describing what is happening.. I don't get it.. If no one is buying the shelves should be well stocked.
So what is really going on? Cutting back on help? Fuel too high to move the trucks and merchandise?

Wal-Mart Situation "Getting Worse" New Leaks Reveal | Zero Hedge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 03:48 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Go back to Publix.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:03 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Walmart has been out of ammo since November of last year

Old 03-14-2013, 04:08 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I went to Walmart today to pick up some groceries. I haven't been in the store for some time now. I usually shop at Publix. Walmart's store shelves were empty, and the items were messy looking as if they needed to be straightened up. It looked a mess. Anyone else see this in their Walmart Store?

Here is a link describing what is happening.. I don't get it.. If no one is buying the shelves should be well stocked.
So what is really going on? Cutting back on help? Fuel too high to move the trucks and merchandise?

Wal-Mart Situation "Getting Worse" New Leaks Reveal | Zero Hedge
Are you in Fla. or NJ experiencing shortages, or did you get this from the link?

Here where I live, they can't keep our shelves stocked either.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:10 PM

723 posts, read 2,194,018 times
reminds me of my local kmart

Old 03-14-2013, 04:11 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Well to each their own. Every wal-mart is unique. So far my wal-mart (which is a lot cheaper, and better than any Publix) is well stocked on everything. I've never come across empty shelves.

Though I guess it could happen. . .i'm not sure what it means (other than Wal-Marts logistic operations need cleaned up a little for your area).

Old 03-14-2013, 04:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Many stores have gone beyond JIT now. I've asked because I can't seem to find the normal products I buy.
Heck, I cleaned out HD of fence staples and came back the next week and they were still out. Guy told me he didn't know when they'd be in. This is in a very heavy Ag area too. I cleaned out Lowe's and my local lumber supply store as well doing a fence job at my place. None of them had that big bucket so I had to buy out all the normal boxes of them.

HEB didn't have my selection of Lipton tea for 2 weeks straight and I asked the manager about it.
Same story..he didn't know when it was coming in.

The "new" JIT..Just In Time..oops we didn't make it

I thought it was just me noticing that shelves are being let go empty for a while.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:32 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Did you get any ammo?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:34 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Many stores have gone beyond JIT now. I've asked because I can't seem to find the normal products I buy.
Heck, I cleaned out HD of fence staples and came back the next week and they were still out. Guy told me he didn't know when they'd be in. This is in a very heavy Ag area too. I cleaned out Lowe's and my local lumber supply store as well doing a fence job at my place. None of them had that big bucket so I had to buy out all the normal boxes of them.

HEB didn't have my selection of Lipton tea for 2 weeks straight and I asked the manager about it.
Same story..he didn't know when it was coming in.

The "new" JIT..Just In Time..oops we didn't make it

I thought it was just me noticing that shelves are being let go empty for a while.
More snow on the way here in Wisconsin, what's Walmart selling? Lawnmowers and fertilizer. Way to go!
No more salt.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:36 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Are you in Fla. or NJ experiencing shortages, or did you get this from the link?

Here where I live, they can't keep our shelves stocked either.
I'm in Florida.. and noticed right away that the shelves were empty. Never saw that before in Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies