Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
"The American people will see some results in a few months.”
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me 3,747 times, I must be a birther.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 11:06 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me 3,747 times, I must be a birther.
You can't get fooled again.....

Oh, wait.......

Old 03-16-2013, 11:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Bill and Hillary never got within light years of the Birther issue.

The Birther issue started on March 1, 2008 on the right-wing forum Free Republic. And right wingers have never needed good reason to smear this President.

I see you didn't research history.

Rumors about Mr Obama’s background first surfaced in 2004, in Illinois, where he was a state senator. Andy Martin, a perennial local candidate and litigant.

It was not until April 2008, at the height of the intensely bitter Democratic presidential primary process, that the touch paper was properly lit.

Mrs Clinton, Mr Obama’s main rival for the party’s nomination, thrust a new allegation into the national spotlight — that he had not been born in Hawaii.

Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy, she was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:18 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,847 times
You know every time i see a birther thread, i think they need to reinstate intelligence tests for voting. On the plus side, the republican party would disappear overnight.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
this again? please see:

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

then point out what bill and hillary said about birtherism that pre-dates march 1, 2008.

It was re-exposed during the 2008 primaries.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:20 AM

26,581 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mrs Clinton, Mr Obama’s main rival for the party’s nomination, thrust a new allegation into the national spotlight — that he had not been born in Hawaii.
please link to a report of this allegation.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
It was re-exposed during the 2008 primaries.
again, please link to a specific birther claim that predates march 1, 2008.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:

Rumors about Mr Obama’s background first surfaced in 2004, in Illinois, where he was a state senator. Andy Martin, a perennial local candidate and litigant.
andy martin's 2004 claims were that obama was a muslim, not that he was born in kenya.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:38 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
I've researched enough to know that you are fractally wrong. This means wrong in every detail, and at every level of resolution. Let's proceed to demonstrate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
It's always kindof fun when right-wingers look to Andy Martin for support. The guy was denied a license to practice law because he was judged to be mentally unstable out of the gate. He also is an inveterate anti-Semite who once officially named his election committee "The Anthony R. Martin-Trigona Congressional Campaign to Exterminate Jew Power in America." Sadly, this guy is not an anomaly among the birthers,

But as to what was happening in 2004 (which you might notice has nothing to do with the Clintons), these were Martin's claims that Obama was a Muslim. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the birther movement. Martin later did become a birther, and also later completely abandoned his claim that Obama was a Muslim.

Quote:
It was not until April 2008, at the height of the intensely bitter Democratic presidential primary process, that the touch paper was properly lit.
Oh it must really suck to be you. April 2008 is at least a month too late for your lie that the Clinton's started it to be true. Here again is the first birther post in history, March 1st, 2008:

FR CONTEST: "Pin the Middle Name on the Obama"

Free Republic is not exactly a known hang out of Clintonistas. Not even PUMAs. And the individual who started the rumor (UserID "FARS") was a well known, hard core, right-wing conservative on that forum.

Three days later is when the "touch paper was properly lit" and it again was a right-winger, not anybody within light-years of the Clintons who was involved. On March 5, 2008 the Ruthless Roundup blog began the first detailed elaboration of the story that would serve as the root lie of the birther movement.

RUTHLESS ROUNDUP: FREEDOMS ENEMIES - THE OBAMA STORY

Between this blog and Free Republic, the birther meme was born and nourished. Certainly some PUMAs became early adopters. But it is demonstrated lie that the Clintons had anything to do with its origin.

Quote:
A complete and total lie. Hillary Clinton, her husband, and no member of her campaign or campaign staff has ever given even the most vague lip service to birthism. And we know you know this, because you have not even pretended to try and provide evidence that they did.

To prove you do not have your head firmly in rectal defilade, your mission is this: Find a single birther comment, post, article, claim, tweet, blog or FB entry that is from any Clintonista and that is older than the March 1, 2008 Free Republic post I linked to above.

Good luck.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Find a single birther comment, post, article, claim, tweet, blog or FB entry that is from any Clintonista and that is older than the March 1, 2008 Free Republic post I linked to above.

Good luck.
ever the birther mantra of "we only want to know the truth"....... until they are actually confronted with the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies