Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Politics on social issues is based on fear, poor whites felt superior to poor blacks back in the days, government always controlled Americans off fear.

GW Bush had 2 crisis during his 8 years. One was a big one and happened shortly after taking office. Some say government created that crisis. The other happened under a Progressive controlled congress that held the purse of the nation, to create a crisis.

In the short 4 years of Obama and his administration, it has been one government created crisis after another. After the fallout, Obama and his administration, has a grand plan to fix it. Building bigger and bigger government and more sucking of the tax payer.

Until you figure that out, you will be a lost soul.
It took me decades as an adult, before I started paying attention to what was really happening.
One day it will all click for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 06:58 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
GW Bush had 2 crisis during his 8 years. One was a big one and happened shortly after taking office. Some say government created that crisis. The other happened under a Progressive controlled congress that held the purse of the nation, to create a crisis.

In the short 4 years of Obama and his administration, it has been one government created crisis after another. After the fallout, Obama and his administration, has a grand plan to fix it. Building bigger and bigger government and more sucking of the tax payer.

It took me decades as an adult, before I started paying attention to what was really happening.
I personally feel Obama is trying to protect the poor, I'm a firm believer that some of his policies are a safety net for poor people who are usually easily exploited by the rich and the much wiser middle class. One example is most stores in the black community aren't run or owned by blacks.

In other words, more free market, more freedom equals more opportunity to exploit the poor. The housing bubble is a good example, who signed those bad loans with compounding interest rates? It wasn't you.

That's what Obama is trying to fight to protect and the economy was crumbling before he even took office.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I personally feel Obama is trying to protect the poor, I'm a firm believer that some of his policies are a safety net for poor people who are usually easily exploited by the rich and the much wiser middle class. One example is most stores in the black community aren't run or owned by blacks.

In other words, more free market, more freedom equals more opportunity to exploit the poor. The housing bubble is a good example, who signed those bad loans with compounding interest rates? It wasn't you.

That's what Obama is trying to fight to protect and the economy was crumbling before he even took office.
Obama was for the expansion of the bad loans. Obama has made sure that those who gave out those loans have thrived the last few years.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,187 times
Quote:

No balanced budgets during those years republicans had total control {purse strings} of the congress.

Now republicans are suddenly concerned with BUDGETS, go figure.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
No balanced budgets during those years republicans had total control {purse strings} of the congress.

That's a valid point but it's the same one when people point out that Obama said that growing the deficit was a sign of a failed administration but now argues to do just that.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,350,786 times
Thumbs down Why always the RACE card

Quote:
Like his dad, he is probably a racist too. I've been saying he's a chip off the old racist block, and now it's confirmed in the OP,
Whose calling who racist? Just asking. That is old argument and doesn't fit unless
of course you let the media twist it to fit that idea. At which time it becomes a fabrication.
Just saying.
Thought this country was about the individual not the group!
Isn't that what Rands about?

Last edited by mary54mi; 03-18-2013 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Forgot to connect to Rand climb.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:

It seems to me that Obama has spent his entire term undoing the messes (i.e. Iraq, Afghanistan and the collapsed economy) that were created under Bush. To argue that Bush really wasn't culpable -- it was those darn Democrats (that incidentally didn't have the House until Jan. 2007) is particularly dishonest. There were no actions taken by the Democrats during that two-year period to cause the collapse. That's just a lame attempt to shift blame.

What's also wrong is the notion that Obama was "Building bigger and bigger government and more sucking of the tax payer." Except for the ACA, which goes into effect next year, government isn't bigger and spending has been about the same since 2009. Also, taxes are not higher for the vast number of taxpayers and the rates haven't even reverted back to Clinton levels, that brought us a surplus.

Here's spending:

Last edited by MTAtech; 03-18-2013 at 07:33 AM..

Old 03-18-2013, 07:25 AM

742 posts, read 679,119 times
Quote:
Like his dad, he is probably a racist too. I've been saying he's a chip off the old racist block, and now it's confirmed in the OP,
Neither are racist. Ron racist? Hah. That's been de bunked and soo last year.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:

The GOP are only deficit hawks when Dems are in power. Prior to Obama's deficits, which were 100% caused by the economic downturn, Republicans willfully created deficits. Those Bush tax-cuts were the cause of all the deficit between 2002-2008. In 2001, the CBO forecasted that under the then policy the entire debt would be paid off by 2006.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:17 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,478,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes it is. It won't ever be found so in any court of law because it would be political suicide. But it is clearly unconstitutional.

People often seem to think that "good idea" and "constitutional" are synonyms. They are not. There is no constitutional authority granted to the government to determine who private individuals will hire, sell to, service, or promote.
If it's unconstitutional, then it will be found unconstitutional. The Supreme court would need to rule on it as being such. Simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies