Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Knock it off. You know exactly why most go to PP and it ain't for free "screenings".
I didn't have health insurance for almost 20 years. I used PP for my annual and very reasonably priced physicals. I also bought my birth control pills from them.

The PP I used is next to a university. Most of the patients in the waiting room with me were young women also interested in birth control. Also all of the posters on the wall were for birth control methods. There was no literature or posters touting the merits of abortion.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:57 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I didn't have health insurance for almost 20 years. I used PP for my annual and very reasonably priced physicals. I also bought my birth control pills from them.

The PP I used is next to a university. Most of the patients in the waiting room with me were young women also interested in birth control. Also all of the posters on the wall were for birth control methods. There was no literature or posters touting the merits of abortion.
I didn't have insurance for a few years, which was when I was first introduced to PP as a viable health option. Even with insurance, I still use their services because their facilities are great, the people are friendly, and they treat everyone with respect.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:43 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Anyone that would argue in support of this aggression

To support in any way justifiable this fully taped and witnessed assault is clearly to be -out of touch with reality.
Have you ever been ill? REALLY ill. So ill paramedics are needed to stabilize you and get you to the hospital as quickly as possible?

If you have been you know that you are at your most vulnerable in those moments. Strangers are attending to you. You may be unconscious. You may be in great pain. You ARE in great distress. There is nothing you can do to protect yourself.

I've had to be there when a family member is put into an ambulance under those conditions. You bet I'm going to protect them in any way I can. And that includes telling off videotaping grandma and making sure she doesn't videotape my family member. She has chosen to insert herself into the most personal of situations.

It's none of her business. She's the one in the wrong here. She's the one being rude and intrusive. Grandma is the bully.

If you, or anyone else doesn't like it, too damn bad for you. I protect my family and will do what I think is needed to stop busybody, nosy, bullying strangers.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If you, or anyone else doesn't like it, too damn bad for you. I protect my family and will do what I think is needed to stop busybody, nosy strangers.
That's a two way streak. So better be warned, that 63 old women can hit back, but I'd recommend she'd carry so she can fire back.

Though I doubt you got a stomach for physical altercation.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
I didn't have insurance for a few years, which was when I was first introduced to PP as a viable health option. Even with insurance, I still use their services because their facilities are great, the people are friendly, and they treat everyone with respect.
I knew a girl, who while on her parent's insurance, claimed to be uninsured to get birth control pills (she was worried her parents would find out if she used their insurance) from PP. This is all paid by the taxpayer of course.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I knew a girl, who while on her parent's insurance, claimed to be uninsured to get birth control pills (she was worried her parents would find out if she used their insurance) from PP. This is all paid by the taxpayer of course.

so? There are many who get prescription drugs, not on their plans, because they are offered for free elsewhere or they are not discounted. There is no law that says that our drugs have to be claimed against our insurance.

sorry, I don't see how she is in the wrong, if her uptight parents would pitch a fit that she was getting birth control. And you don't know if the BC was going to be used for other medical issues (ovarian cysts for example).

If I was a parent, and my teenage daughter was looking to get birth control, I wouldn't be angry that she is taking responsibility for her life. A little put off, that she MAY be having sex, but at least she's being responsible.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so? There are many who get prescription drugs, not on their plans, because they are offered for free elsewhere or they are not discounted. There is no law that says that our drugs have to be claimed against our insurance.

sorry, I don't see how she is in the wrong, if her uptight parents would pitch a fit that she was getting birth control. And you don't know if the BC was going to be used for other medical issues (ovarian cysts for example).

If I was a parent, and my teenage daughter was looking to get birth control, I wouldn't be angry that she is taking responsibility for her life. A little put off, that she MAY be having sex, but at least she's being responsible.
I knew the girl, she was living with me at the time. Her reasons ran the spectrum of not wanting to get pregnant to wanting to control when she got her period.

And I think taxpayers should only be burdened with other people's medical necessities, not to support them having more fun with their lifestyle.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Pro-Life Grandma Violently Attacked at Planned Parenthood :: ConservativeVideos.com

[LEFT]March 18, 2013 at 10:53 am
Pro-Life Grandma Violently Attacked at Planned Parenthood

Content Warning: Violence, Language
63-yr old Catholic grandmother of 12 was violently attacked as she documented the 4th abortion injury at Planned Parenthood in Wilmington, DE on March 13, 2013.

[/LEFT]
Does "granny" have any respect for privacy of others? Besides, she has no idea why a patient is being transported to the hospital.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Grandma was provoking and filming a patient being taken in an ambulance WITHOUT HER PERMISSION. This is disgusting. She did not know WHY she was being taken. She was just making assumptions. She got what she deserved. Just because she's old doesn't mean she gets to violate people like that. Too bad she didn't hit her harder.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
That's a two way streak. So better be warned, that 63 old women can hit back, but I'd recommend she'd carry so she can fire back.

Though I doubt you got a stomach for physical altercation.
Yeah, right there on the streets of Wilmington. Get real, zombie.

Quote:
No, it wasn't paid for by the taxpayer if she didn't have medicaid. She would have had to pay on a sliding scale fee structure. PP is NOT a government agency; it is private non-profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies