Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 03:11 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post

If you believe that the woman deserves to be shot over this incident, I disagree.

She should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law - which is much less than an execution.
If the old woman had a gun she could shoot her in self defense. I agree the law shouldn't execute her, but I'll be fine with someone aborting her in self defense.

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It won't happen, not because the grandmother wasn't trying to film the PATIENT, she was, but because the PATIENT obviously doesn't want to have to go to court and prove the allegations against the grandmother. That's how intimidation works. It depends on people wanting to protect their privacy. The grandmother, however religious she may be, however passionate she may be about the unborn, acted with cavalier disregard for the woman being taken to the hospital. Which you know and acknowledge, otherwise you wouldn't have referred to the patient as a "victim".
So the physical violence is fine b/c the patient doesn't want to go to court to make the claim that the grandma violated her privacy? LOL

1,065 posts, read 1,312,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
It may have been a botched abortion. It may have been a stroke, seizure, fainting spell, heart attack, etc.
No. Anyone taken away from PP in an ambulance must be suffering as the result of a botched abortion, just like the grandma, who was taken away from PP in an ambulance.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
If the old woman had a gun she could shoot her in self defense.
Ok. If you think that makes this outcome better...

...well, I disagree.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Reading this "poor little old lady's" blog and rants about fornication leads me to believe that she would have NO PROBLEM with abortion providers being killed. So she was pushed. Big deal.
You knowing more about the woman and believing that she would hurt someone is vastly different than the reasons why the girl in the video pushed her. And just b/c you think she might support that does not mean it's okay to assault her, either. You guys are really reaching now.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
"Botched abortions"?

How did the protester arrive at this conclusion? Based on what?
Propaganda and lies.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:15 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You knowing more about the woman and believing that she would hurt someone is vastly different than the reasons why the girl in the video pushed her. And just b/c you think she might support that does not mean it's okay to assault her, either. You guys are really reaching now.
Her doing what she did does institute the camera being slapped from her hands in my mind,however.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
According to him, she was covered under her parents' insurance. So what? I don't have to go to a hospital or clinic and say that I am. If I don't want my insurance to cover anything, there is NO LAW that says I have to claim anything under my insurance.

Please point out the exact law that says I must use my insurance for every medical procedure I do or prescription drug I take.

We have a third hand story, from an anonymous person, who says his friend said that she had no insurance and got BC for free. There is no evidence that this actually occurred, and there are many possibilities that as to why. He only saw the ONE day that he went with her. Free samples, payment plans arranged, she paid while he was not looking, are all valid reasons for her getting BC; instead he went for "must have been paid by tax money" reasoning.

We don't have her side of the story, so we can't put any weight into his claims.
It's wrong if you are taking advantage of a sliding scale subsidized by the taxpayers. Good to know you support lying and defrauding an institution that receives gov't funds.

Just b/c we have to take his word for it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Calling him a liar just makes you look bad, not him. Believe it or not, people DO do bad things to take advantage of situations and you have no reason to doubt what he is saying.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Ok. If you think that makes this outcome better...

...well, I disagree.
It would make this a triple: Guns/self defense, abortions, and white girl shooting black girl.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:17 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
So the physical violence is fine b/c the patient doesn't want to go to court to make the claim that the grandma violated her privacy? LOL
Since I haven't defended the violence in any of my posts, I think you're out of line.

The patient shouldn't have to go to court to "make the claim" that the protester violated her privacy. It's right there on the video.

What's truly awful is how many of you think that the protester's actions, violating another person's privacy, are perfectly fine. The protester was grossly insensitive, blinded by her zealotry. And only other zealots can support that kind of pathological behavior. And the same is true of those who defend the assault on the protester. Another irrational act that is insupportable.

Two wrongs don't make a right. But it is glaringly obvious that two wrongs occurred here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies