Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

After work, I'm picking up three prescriptions and not claiming them against my health insurance. Pharmacy cost without insurance is better than the "contracted rate" with insurance. You don't have to claim every little thing against insurance.
You paying whatever the pharmacy charges out of pocket is not the same as taking advantage of a facility with a sliding scale rule that receives taxpayer funds.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:19 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

FactCheck.org : Planned Parenthood

1/3rd of their funding comes from Government Grants and Contracts.
Of that 1/3rd, most of it is covered under Title X and Medicaid

Medicaid - only used to help pay for medical procedures done for patients who are qualified Medicaid patients. A majority of the 1/3rd funding comes from Medicaid.

A girl off the street with no insurance is not covered under Medicaid.

Title X would be used to help fund, birth control as well as other preventative care (Breast cancer screenings, STD treatments, HIV treatments, etc)

So, no ultimately the TAX payer is not on the hook. More than 2/3rds of their funding comes from Private donations.
LOL So your argument is that b/c only a small portion of PP's funds come from the taxpayer, it's okay to lie to get free stuff from them.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:28 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
LOL So your argument is that b/c only a small portion of PP's funds come from the taxpayer, it's okay to lie to get free stuff from them.
He was simply correcting your egregious error when you stated the following:

Quote:
What do you think a sliding scale is? The tab has to be picked up somewhere. And since PP receives any gov't funds whatsoever, the taxpayer is ultimately on the hook.
You're welcome.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
"Botched abortions"?

How did the protester arrive at this conclusion? Based on what?
By chance was it a kill day at the clinic?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:36 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
It's wrong if you are taking advantage of a sliding scale subsidized by the taxpayers.
it's also wrong of people to take advantage of coupons so they can save money at the cash register. Either by using two at one time, or they leave, and come back so that they are using it at different times.

Again, reduced cost doesn't mean that the taxpayers are paying for anything. Majority of the funds come from private donations. Of the 1/3rd that comes from government, that goes to administration costs for PREVENTATIVE care, which includes Birth Control (did you know that BC is considered preventative medicine?), the rest is through Medicaid for MEDICAID patients.

Quote:
Good to know you support lying and defrauding an institution that receives gov't funds.
Nowhere did I say I supported it. A person saying they are not covered by insurance is NOT violating the law or defrauding anyone, even if they are. THERE IS NO law that says I must tell anyone that I'm covered under insurance.

and 90% of the services provided, are PAID AT FULL costs. The only time a reduced cost is OFFEREd, is to low income people. A person who earns $60K a year and have no insurance, will not be given a REDUCED cost of their services.

Quote:
Just b/c we have to take his word for it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
No we don't have to take his word for it, and its an anecdotal story. That means it has as much weight in truth or fiction, as me telling that there is a dog taking a dump on the sidewalk in front of me.

Quote:
Calling him a liar just makes you look bad, not him.
I never called him a liar. He said I called him a liar. I said that his story is a little white lie; A story of conveniences that has qualities of untruth. And as we dig deeper, we saw that the story began to fall apart.

Quote:
Believe it or not, people DO do bad things to take advantage of situations and you have no reason to doubt what he is saying.
A girl who didn't want her parents to find out that she was taking Birth Control - and according to his story, that was the sole reason for her to claim that she wasn't covered under insurance. Yeah, I'm sure you did things that you didn't want your parents to find out about.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
It is appalling. They can't even stick to simple facts. The woman wasn't "beaten," she was clearly knocked down and said herself that she was fine.

This is a videotape of a woman being taken away because of a "botched abortion." Zero evidence of this.

Why not call the police? How do they know that the police weren't called and hadn't arrived yet?

It's just sickening.

Lie. Lie. Lie.
The OP never lets facts get in the way of her zealotry.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
What do you think a sliding scale is? The tab has to be picked up somewhere. And since PP receives any gov't funds whatsoever, the taxpayer is ultimately on the hook.
Quote:
It's wrong if you are taking advantage of a sliding scale subsidized by the taxpayers. Good to know you support lying and defrauding an institution that receives gov't funds.

Just b/c we have to take his word for it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Calling him a liar just makes you look bad, not him. Believe it or not, people DO do bad things to take advantage of situations and you have no reason to doubt what he is saying.
For G*d's sake, andrea! Zombie is telling a story from years ago, the details of which he can't remember correctly! Before going off on a tear, maybe we should find out if any of this is true!

Quote:
If someone is attacking you, that's self-defense....
You an expert on Delaware law? We don't even know exactly what happened. Someone comes out the door of PP, the video goes all wobbly for a while. We don't know who initiated what!

Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
By chance was it a kill day at the clinic?
I hope you can actually add to the discussion rather than trying to drop bombs into the conversation.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:50 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
That is not my argument at all.

Provide me the law that says I must use my insurance to cover the cost of medical procedures and prescription drugs.

Answer: there are no laws. If a Pharmacy has a prescription drug program that allows me to get drugs at $5 per prescription, rather than the $10 I have to pay through my insurance, then I have the option to go get that plan instead. I'm not defrauding anyone by doing so.

If a girl says that she has no insurance, she is not defrauding anyone at all. She doesn't have to use her insurance to make any medical claims against. PP and other clinics base your amount/cost on your income. If you have no income, then you qualify for various free services. If you have a small income, then you pay a small fee; if you have insurance, then there is the OPTION to not use it, if it ends up costing you more;

and again, tax payers do NOT pay for a majority of the services offered at these clinics.

1/3rd of the tax money goes to ADMINISTRATION costs and preventative care (which happens to include Birth Control)

The rest is COVERED by Private donations and/or Medicaid (the latter that you must be on Medicaid to be covered)

Old 03-20-2013, 03:57 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I hope you can actually add to the discussion rather than trying to drop bombs into the conversation.
I merely asked if you knew whether or not they terminated the unwanted on that day. As it does involve surgery it is certainly possible a complication occured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies