Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:39 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,580,059 times

Advertisements

If this means that some cost-benefit considerations are introduced to our healthcare system in order to limit Medicare payments for treatments designed to prolong already-overlong lives by a few more months at an astronomical cost, I say it's high time and bring it on.

Squeal - go ahead. Squeal all you want. The money is better spent elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,332,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl2012 View Post
Hello where have you people been the past 4 years? Those that pay attention knew about what obamacare was about. This is not new news. Just people are starting to wake up from the obama trance. A little to late.
It's going to get worse, believe me, a whole lot of people were not aware of this, a whole lot of people, so don't be to harsh, even our Congressmen didn't read all the pages of this Obamacare, let alone the head, Kathleen Sebelius!

Old 03-21-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
If this means that some cost-benefit considerations are introduced to our healthcare system in order to limit Medicare payments for treatments designed to prolong already-overlong lives by a few more months at an astronomical cost, I say it's high time and bring it on.

oh, so we get to say who lives and dies....wait until someone you love is that age, or you yourself, this will certainly come back to bite you right in the butt....

this is criminal....and a whole lot of peoples lives have been saved thru medicine/treatments for years, not months....

Old 03-21-2013, 06:43 AM

46,323 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It means that you believe your neighbor is a horse?
Quote:
Well, if wikipedia says it, it must be true!
So here are 2 posting from the same poster, with complete leftist ignorance, they bash the person because they are afraid to give an honest answer, so degrad them, the true leftist way....

Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 AM

Legalsea:

for your information...my neighbor is a fine upstanding citizen...be in denial all you want, but when a doctor tells you, they are thinking of dropping medicare, seriously and then tells you flat out why, baby, be as ignorant as you want, but it's true, and instead of arguing with me on this, do some research.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So here are 2 posting from the same poster, with complete leftist ignorance, they bash the person because they are afraid to give an honest answer, so degrad them, the true leftist way....
don't worry, people who have supported Obama and his outlandish, non-human contempt...will someday soon realize, how bad he is....

Old 03-21-2013, 06:48 AM

13,703 posts, read 9,034,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Legalsea:

for your information...my neighbor is a fine upstanding citizen...be in denial all you want, but when a doctor tells you, they are thinking of dropping medicare, seriously and then tells you flat out why, baby, be as ignorant as you want, but it's true, and instead of arguing with me on this, do some research.

I don't have to do any research. I work for Social Security, and your argument is not based on fact. You are simply repeating something your neighbor said, about what her doctor may (or may not) do. Scare tactics, at base.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post

I'll squeal all right, my mother recieved a whole lot of treatments, and she lived 10 years beyond....
I cannot believe how inhumane your perception is....Good God, but what I do believe in is fate/destiny and Karma, and this attitude will come back and get cha someday....believe me.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I don't have to do any research. I work for Social Security, and your argument is not based on fact. You are simply repeating something your neighbor said, about what her doctor may (or may not) do. Scare tactics, at base.
no, it is not scare tactics, it's been passed, it is in there period, and there is no undoing it...I already received a letter from Medicare stating the facts...

Old 03-21-2013, 06:52 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,580,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'll squeal all right, my mother recieved a whole lot of treatments, and she lived 10 years beyond....
I cannot believe how inhumane your perception is....Good God, but what I do believe in is fate/destiny and Karma, and this attitude will come back and get cha someday....believe me.
Fundamentally, the inhumanity lies on your side of the equation, but I won't waste my time attempting to explain something to someone obviously incapable of grasping the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies