Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I have live in the USA all of my life. But still, I find the current amount of couch-sized people very troubling.

I was a Safeway today getting a few groceries. I was kinda amazed at how many huge elderly people were in the store shopping..........tooling around on fat-carts, wheelchairs or hobbling around using walkers.
And?

You know their personal medical histories?

Or are you just judging them based on your initial observations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,607,257 times
I'll never forget my fat person handicapped story, it is sad really. I was walking through a parking lot one time and I noticed a large "boat" of a car driving through the lot (think it was an old Chevy caprice). As it went over a speed bump the center of the car scraped along the bump all the way to the back wheels and then the back of the car slammed down and drug across. I watched it go over two more bumps this way and then pull into a handicapped space. A middle aged man got out of the driver's seat, he must have been 400+ pounds, and a woman about the same got out of the passenger seat. Three children, every one morbidly obese, exited from the back of the car. When your car can't make it over the speed bumps I think it's time to re-evaluate your family's health choices.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:33 PM

29,843 posts, read 24,942,627 times
Yo mamas so fat, they had to issue her two handicapped parking permits... One for each butt cheek

Old 03-25-2013, 11:41 PM

22,666 posts, read 24,632,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And?

You know their personal medical histories?

Or are you just judging them based on your initial observations?

Yes, all these huge-fatties have a reason for their size.....lack of shutting the mouth.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:52 PM

15,539 posts, read 10,521,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Anybody else tired of seeing perfect humans who do no wrong being so judgemental about other not so perfect humans that they know nothing about?
Yeah, I am.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:48 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,501,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
What's the deal here?
The "deal here" is all too many, maybe a majority of the people displaying "handicap" tags have lied about their condition and aren't entitled to the "entitlement" they demand. And age doesn't equate to "handicapped."

Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,292,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The "deal here" is all too many, maybe a majority of the people displaying "handicap" tags have lied about their condition and aren't entitled to the "entitlement" they demand. And age doesn't equate to "handicapped."
Well, since the doctors have to sign off on the tag request, they must be in cahoots, too, eh?

I and five people I know have handicapped hang tags. Mine is for moderate (trending toward severe) arthritis in my hip, and arthritis in the same side knee. My mom? Over 70, legally blind, and with lung damage due to an autoimmune disorder that nearly killed her in 2000-2001. My sister - aggressive rheumatoid arthritis, which requires her to use a wheelchair on a frequent basis. My 89 year old father in law, who has severe hip and knee arthritis. A former neighbor, who is recovering from bladder cancer, has fibromyalgia, and walks with a walker. Oh, and her husband is recovering from another kind of cancer, I forget what.

These are the only people I know with tags. Which ones are lying?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yes, all these huge-fatties have a reason for their size.....lack of shutting the mouth.
So much ignorance and hate, and so little time.

I can guarantee that less than one percent of 'fat people' want to be fat.

I can't remember NOT being fat. I wasn't aware of it until I was 6 or so. I was always huge, but I didn't really realize it until others 'helped' me to understand. I have always played sports, and actually was pretty good. I was a little slower than others but generally stronger as well. I did my stint in the service. I worked for fourty years before being disabled. I have played and coached baseball, softball, basketball, and wrestled as well. As I got older, I discovered I had Rhuematoid Arthritis. A chronic and debilitating disease. Over half my joints are involved, my hands and feet (especially fingers and toes) are deformed. I walk like Fred Sanford. I am steady gaining weight, though I diet. I have also coached youth sports since the late 70s. Over 1600 games. I am coaching in my fifth decade.

Go ahead and judge me. I am a good person-citizen, and I have made the world a better place. What have all Yall' haters done?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:27 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,501,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Well, since the doctors have to sign off on the tag request, they must be in cahoots, too, eh?
Yes. Many physicians do whatever their patients ask them to do.

Quote:
I and five people I know have handicapped hang tags. Mine is for moderate (trending toward severe) arthritis in my hip, and arthritis in the same side knee.
You're a freeloader, a faker ... not someone who is handicapped. Give up your tag and let someone who really needs the space park there. If your condition is as you describe, you shouldn't ahve a license to drive. You're a danger to others on the road.

Quote:
My mom? Over 70, legally blind, and with lung damage due to an autoimmune disorder that nearly killed her in 2000-2001.
What's she doing with a handicap tag? Driving? Idiotic assertion that she's entitled to a tag.

Quote:
My sister - aggressive rheumatoid arthritis, which requires her to use a wheelchair on a frequent basis.
Not entitled to drive, nor have a handicap tag. Fraud if she has one.

Quote:
My 89 year old father in law, who has severe hip and knee arthritis.
Certainly not handicapped. A faker.

You and almost all of those you cite are abusing the system. Stop it.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,292,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes. Many physicians do whatever their patients ask them to do.

You're a freeloader, a faker ... not someone who is handicapped. Give up your tag and let someone who really needs the space park there. If your condition is as you describe, you shouldn't ahve a license to drive. You're a danger to others on the road.
Nope. Got the xrays and MRI's to prove it. And the cane, and the wheelchair for larger places we go.

Quote:
What's she doing with a handicap tag? Driving? Idiotic assertion that she's entitled to a tag.
What do you suggest, that my 80 year old stepfather carries her from the back of the parking lot to her appointments? Tags are not just for the drivers, but for those who transport them.

Quote:

Not entitled to drive, nor have a handicap tag. Fraud if she has one.
Why wouldn't she be entitiled to drive? Her license is valid, her eyesight is good, her reflexes are also good. I don't think she's even gotten a traffic ticket. She just can't walk long distances some days. When she doesn't have a problem, she doesn't use the tag.

Quote:
Certainly not handicapped. A faker.
Riiight. She faked cancer and chemo and surgery.

Quote:
You and almost all of those you cite are abusing the system. Stop it.
Nope, not faking, not abusing the system. Using a legitimate tool for people who qualify, and we all do.

Thanks for the personal attacks, by the way. I haven't had any in a while. It's nice to know there's still a personal level of mean-spiritedness out there, and who possesses it. Not reporting you, though. This will be fun to come back and reread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies