Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Read the fine print. Who pays for it---that person will be made to support what it pays for. Might be directly or indirectly but it's all monkeying around with words and semantics. We know what it does in the long run.
I take it you do understand that hospitals and doctors will not be "made" to provide abortion services if it is against their beliefs to do so? Or will you continue to make that charge?

If you do not want to pay for it indirectly, you have choices. One is to not buy insurance at all. Under Obamacare you will pay a fine. Then pay for all your own health care out of pocket.

The other option would be to stop spending time railing against those who wish to preserve the option of abortion and spend that time convincing insurance companies to produce a product which satisfies your conscience.

If it is your tax money you are worried about, you can stop. Your saying Planned Parenthood uses tax money to fund abortions does not make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 05:08 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Not really. I'm sure you can find secular nutjobs to join you from somewhere - these a bit like black Republicans and Jewish Nazis. In other words, even nuttier than pro-lifers (if that's possible).

However, that the pro-lifer movement is religious, founded by the religious, run by the religious, believed by the religious, of that there is no doubt, so just run along and cease trying to make something seem like what it isn't.

As that quote says, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."
I am sure you would like to dismiss the whole thing now that you can't answer anymore questions. Why don't you stop posting in abortion threads if you can't answer questions? I post my links and answer questions.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I take it you do understand that hospitals and doctors will not be "made" to provide abortion services if it is against their beliefs to do so? Or will you continue to make that charge?

If you do not want to pay for it indirectly, you have choices. One is to not buy insurance at all. Under Obamacare you will pay a fine. Then pay for all your own health care out of pocket.

The other option would be to stop spending time railing against those who wish to preserve the option of abortion and spend that time convincing insurance companies to produce a product which satisfies your conscience.

If it is your tax money you are worried about, you can stop. Your saying Planned Parenthood uses tax money to fund abortions does not make it true.
Yes I will. Starting in August ALL hospitals and charities will have to pay for their employees insurance that covers BC, sterilizations, and ELA---the morning after pill. If they do not they will be fined 100 a day for each employee. Nice choice huh?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:23 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,291 times
How can one support late term abortions?

One word.

Anecephaly.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:35 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,315 times
Quote:
I am sure you would like to dismiss the whole thing now that you can't answer anymore questions. Why don't you stop posting in abortion threads if you can't answer questions? I post my links and answer questions.
It's any more, not anymore.

As for answering questions, I've answered your questions. The pro-lifer movement was started by religious people who imagined things in the Bible which aren't there and decided to promote them, it's a movement of religious people who believe this claptrap. What else is there to know about the pro-lifer movement? As for your pro-lifer threads, why shouldn't I post in them? What you're posting in them is preposterous, and I feel a duty to correct it, since it is nonsensical.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:14 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Yes I will. Starting in August ALL hospitals and charities will have to pay for their employees insurance that covers BC, sterilizations, and ELA---the morning after pill. If they do not they will be fined 100 a day for each employee. Nice choice huh?
I thought we were talking about abortion. Contraceptives are different. They do not cause abortion.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I thought we were talking about abortion. Contraceptives are different. They do not cause abortion.
The morning after pill does. Plus many women have been hurt by it. If they find out there are pregnant they take it not just the morning after.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:33 PM

Mike Huckabee is having abortion workers on his show now on TV. Watch if you want to know what they have to say on the practice. The FOX channel.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
The morning after pill does. Plus many women have been hurt by it. If they find out there are pregnant they take it not just the morning after.
Yes, it's so dangerous it's sold OTC, like Tylenol. Please post a link.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
It's any more, not anymore.

As for answering questions, I've answered your questions. The pro-lifer movement was started by religious people who imagined things in the Bible which aren't there and decided to promote them, it's a movement of religious people who believe this claptrap. What else is there to know about the pro-lifer movement? As for your pro-lifer threads, why shouldn't I post in them? What you're posting in them is preposterous, and I feel a duty to correct it, since it is nonsensical.

Ditto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies