Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

I bet most of the occupy protesters who lean liberal progressive have no problem when cops use intimidation to confiscate legal guns house to house, which happens now in California and elsewhere. I bet they don't care when gun owners are denied their 4th amendment rights by liberal California politicians.

See, billionaire Bloomberg is ok to be rich because he is liberal, but anybody else is a evil rich person when they aren't liberal

California's Gun Repo Men Have a Nerve-Racking Job - Yahoo! Finance

300-gun arsenal seized from Long Island, NY, home - News - MSN CA

Old 03-26-2013, 04:00 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I bet most of the occupy protesters who lean liberal progressive have no problem when cops use intimidation to confiscate legal guns house to house, which happens now in California and elsewhere. I bet they don't care when gun owners are denied their 4th amendment rights by liberal California politicians.

See, billionaire Bloomberg is ok to be rich because he is liberal, but anybody else is a evil rich person when they aren't liberal

California's Gun Repo Men Have a Nerve-Racking Job - Yahoo! Finance

300-gun arsenal seized from Long Island, NY, home - News - MSN CA
Occupy is not a "liberal" movement. It has announced all party affiliation as well.

I support gun rights. I despise Bloomberg.

It doesn't have to be "us against them".

Old 03-26-2013, 04:04 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You mean people like me creating jobs, caring for family, and helping other young people succeed in today's world?
No, people like yo who think the person who broke the law, got violent and the police got a little aggressive, that's who.

Quote:
You mean people like me speaking out against police corruption, profiling, and brutality? Those people?
No, people like you who vilified the entire police force. I know you responded earlier that you did not do that, however, you said the POLICE IN THIS COUNTRY.

Quote:
You mean people like me looking out for my generation. Ensuring that they aren't drown in debt they didn't create and ensuring that there's adequate employment for my generation?
No, people like you supporting people who want the 99 weeks of unemployment, free stuff, the you got it and I want it crowd.

Quote:
You mean people like me advocating for the rights of ALL, citizens and police alike? People like me who've been against violence in protest?
No, people like you who are not able to see the violence is violence, as you stated yourself, you feel that some cops are out there to protect us, well when those cops are spit on, stabbed, "Unknown" liquids thrown in their eyes, those cops tend to change. Why can yo not see that?

Why not let me throw some "unknown" liquid in your eyes and see if are o.k. with it....

Quote:
Please be more clear.
Oh, I was very clear in the original posting, because you are looking at this as you say (for everyone), you are clearly not looking at the violence that has been done to the police.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:05 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Yes. I do believe some officers wish to protect us. There are some very good officers out there who got into the field for the right reason.

Not for a hefty paycheck, their ego, or to make political statements.
And when those cops are spit on, cursed at, thrown rock at, they may also decide to push back a little more...sorry you cannot see that....

Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,068 times
Occupy protesters are really just overgrown children, trying to push the boundaries as far as they can. once they find the boundary they sit on the edge and dare the authority to do something to them, sometimes sticking a foot over before pulling it back at the last minute.(figuratively) Being roughed up is often their goal, they want the cop to lose his temper. how else would anyone pay attention to them?

Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And when those cops are spit on, cursed at, thrown rock at, they may also decide to push back a little more...sorry you cannot see that....
Spit on or assaulted (hit by a rock), yes there's gonna be problems. Where in this thread have I took up for protesters breaking the law? Where?

As a black man. Should I just go out and start beating officers for what they've done to "my people?" All of those injustices??

No. I have to keep my cool and assess each cop as AN INDIVIDUAL.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Occupy protesters are really just overgrown children, trying to push the boundaries as far as they can. once they find the boundary they sit on the edge and dare the authority to do something to them, sometimes sticking a foot over before pulling it back at the last minute.(figuratively) Being roughed up is often their goal, they want the cop to lose his temper. how else would anyone pay attention to them?
Like I said. I created 3 jobs last year. Getting ready to hire again. Worked 25 hours last Monday and Tuesday alone working on a corporate project.

My roommate is the youngest at his position in one of the largest consulting firms in this country and also supports Occupy.

Police are just overgrown children. Harrassing people for no reason. Beating people for no reason. Killing people for no reason.

I can debate the need for mass protests and I can debate how there are hundreds of incidents where the violence was NOT justified. They far, far outweigh what happened on the other side.

The protests were peaceful for weeks before there was any violence.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:27 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,068 times
Quote:
Like I said. I created 3 jobs last year. Getting ready to hire again. Worked 25 hours last Monday and Tuesday alone working on a corporate project.

My roommate is the youngest at his position in one of the largest consulting firms in this country and also supports Occupy.

Police are just overgrown children.Harrassing people for no reason. Beating people for no reason. Killing people for no reason.

I can debate the need for mass protests and I can debate how there are hundreds of incidents where the violence was NOT justified. They far, far outweigh what happened on the other side.

The protests were peaceful for weeks before there was any violence.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
There are LITERALLY hundreds examples of the above.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Same thing was done to the protesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies