Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So now we've turned this from an economic issue to "WE"RE PICKIN" ON THE CHILDREN"! This would be hilarious if it werent so pathetic!!!

I say again.... 149 AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL TOWERS are being shut down!!

He's tellinh us there's no money for that...But he can fire up AIR FORCE ONE and fly secret service agents to Spring Break with the Obama girls......ON OUR DIME?
Well, that's what it turned in to. Couldn't help but comment.

What else can you SAY when those who can't see the total "eat cake" philosophy the Obama's have? After being mentioned and BOLDED TO THE POINT OF "YELLING" and you getting a slap on the knuckles for trying to bring it back around?

I see it. It's like how outraged they get when a company lays off fluff jobs while a CEO is still making $10M a year.

Private business is different. Can't seem to grasp that concept.

Obama sending his 14 and 11 year old kids with a bunch of friend on a vacation....on the tax payers dime....while the WH is shut down to tours is absolute "what goes for you doesn't go for me" BS. Maybe if it were the 4 or 3 of them, as opposed to a gaggle of kids (and their parents?) the cost would be reduced. 12 friends invited on the tax payer dime to Mexico? Who DOES that? Have a freaking slumber party in the Lincoln room.

I highly doubt the Obama's will be taking these types of vacations or inviting a group of "friends" when he's out of office.

His kids have been away from their "horribly stunted life" in DC more in the past 3 months than your average Joe's kids take a vacation in 3 years. I'm SURE the girls have friends over and get to have slumber parties and watch movies and pop popcorn and giggle. If being the child of a POTUS were that bad, someone would have written a damn book by now.

And I'm sorry, no 14 and 11 year old needs a vacation with a group of friends on the tax payer's dime and I don't care WHO they think they are. You can't say one thing is good for "all" as the leader of the country, and then exclude your own from what you "expect" of others. Where is the "leading by example" he spoke about?

Today I learned that one tower in my area will be shut down. Small airport - puddle jumps to DC and Boston, mostly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Awwww, good for them!

Old 03-29-2013, 01:55 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
I guess they got tired of the beach and are now in Sun Valley, Idaho skiing.

Obama daughters spring break: Sun Valley skiing vacation after Bahamas vacation - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Bring on another 34 pages! LOL

Old 03-29-2013, 02:09 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Last time i checked the Obama's are not the first to vacation on the tax payer dime. Now, could someone be so kind to explain to me what is so different about this president, That he seems to hit a nerve in people that is so different from past presidencies. It seems to me that him trying to please everybody is leading to the worst. Idk what it is but I am just saying there is just something different about this president that he just seems to trigger unnecessary hate from people that he tries so hard to please. Can someone please tell me what is so different about him??

Old 03-29-2013, 02:23 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Last time i checked the Obama's are not the first to vacation on the tax payer dime. Now, could someone be so kind to explain to me what is so different about this president, That he seems to hit a nerve in people that is so different from past presidencies. It seems to me that him trying to please everybody is leading to the worst. Idk what it is but I am just saying there is just something different about this president that he just seems to trigger unnecessary hate from people that he tries so hard to please. Can someone please tell me what is so different about him??
There's 333 post before yours. Perhaps you can go back and read some of the replies to see what some folks are up in arms about.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:38 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Yes I have read them they do not truly address the issue i just want to know why is there such extreme hatred for him. People act as if he is personally did something bad to them.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I guess they got tired of the beach and are now in Sun Valley, Idaho skiing.

Obama daughters spring break: Sun Valley skiing vacation after Bahamas vacation - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Bring on another 34 pages! LOL
Its no surprise the Republicans would go after the Presidents kids, after all the murder of 20 innocent elementary kids in Newtown had no affect on the GOP'ers and they wanted even more guns to flood the nation after that..

Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Its no surprise the Republicans would go after the Presidents kids, after all the murder of 20 innocent elementary kids in Newtown had no affect on the GOP'ers and they wanted even more guns to flood the nation after that..
Who is going after the President's kids?

We are too busy with "skin in the game," and "engaging in shared sacrifice" to pay down our "fair share" of the president's $6.6 trillion in accumulated new debt.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:16 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Report: First Daughters Now Spring-Breaking on Idaho Slopes

Old 03-29-2013, 04:32 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
sigh..... here we go again. My objection to these TWO children going on Spring Break is that the money to pay for the Secret Serve agents, that MUST accompany them, comes from the exact same pot of money that provided the Secret Service agents' pay that was cited as being the reason to cancel the White House tours, thus negatively impacting the Spring Break of THOUSANDS of children. This president has made policies that negatively impact my wallet and has said I need to accept this as my shared sacrifice. I expect someone who tells me that to also share the sacrifice, something he does not appear willing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies