Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 02:03 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,488,482 times

Advertisements

Did you know that the first US slave owner was actually BLACK?

Might want to check your history....

Oh, while we're at it....BLACKS are still enslaving other blacks in Africa as we speak....are you upset about that?

The predominately Muslim Arab countries are still holding slaves.

...What are you doing about it? Nothing, right? Is it because:

1. It would actually take effort.
2. You're actually crying about someone elses' past as an excuse for your life today.

Last edited by Cyborgt800; 04-10-2013 at 02:23 AM..

Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 AM

87 posts, read 97,250 times
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but you need some tough love, you can not blame other people for your problems, when you do not achieve your goals it's your fault, I'm black and i live in america so I know that better than anybody.��

Last edited by joey3131; 04-10-2013 at 04:04 AM..

Old 04-11-2013, 02:46 AM

200 posts, read 274,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Perhaps it is you with your limited capacity to fully comphrend the full affects of White American dominated slavery. There is no other time in history were a group of people were treated so inhumanely not just during the actual event of slavery but after and the backlash is still being felt today. I cannot help but to notice that American whites that have suspect (at most) knowledge of their own history are always quick to point out the fact that black rulers sold their own people to Europeans. The truth is that it was common practice of the conquering ruler to either kill,enslave or sale the vanquished males from the defeated tribe to other tribes or in this case the Europeans. The women and young children were assimulated into their own tribe. This was also a common practice throughout other dynasties as well. But as I mentioned before American slavery is still considered to be the most brutal form of slavery considering the after affects can still be felt.
American slaves were treated like ROYALTY relative to slaves throughout history. ROYALTY. "Affects can still be felt," grow up. Minorities are practically given anything they want, preferential status at colleges, extra scholarships, lowered requirements... and you're STILL playing the excuse game. You'd be better off taking your little guilt trip down to the ACLU or Jesse Jackson.

Quote:
As for your lack of compassion that can only be matched to your abundance of ignorance, let me try to get this though your moronic view of Black Americans in this country in relation to Africa and slavery. If europeans did not colonize Africa or steal it's inhabitants for cheap labor, just how far do you think that this country would have gone? Without the capital generated through slavery this country would have been over run by the French and or the British. Furthermore the production of cotton and other things such as tabacco would not have been as profitable nor would such inventions as the cotton gin (Eli Whitney)would have been in invented. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches would not have existed without peanut butter (George Washington Carver). Not to mention hundreds of other things created by Black Americans.
Incas were eating peanut butter long before GWC even existed. lol Peanut butter and jelly, oh my God you have some nerve coming here talking about peanut butter and jelly. Then you go on talking about the capital generated by slavery being the sole reason we were not overtaken by the British or French? What a total lie. I mean your claims are so totally out there it's pathetic. Slavery and Imperialism Did Not Enrich Europe [nor America]

Quote:
As far as for your other assinine assumption that if slavery did not exist that blacks would have been starving in Africa. If Europeans had stayed where they were they proably would have been still in the dark ages since the majority of their technology/math/sciences and medicine came from Africa in the first place. Just think if it was not for the gunpowder that was stolen from the Chinese, Europeans would not have been able to conquer anything and would have perished or at least would have remained as a group of conglomerate third world countries. I guess that it also never occurred to you that Africa is a continent that has much of the world's natural resources and therefore would have have no need of either America or Europe to survive. With that being said, if all of the black leaders, inventors and generals would have remained in Africa unhindered what makes you think that they could have possibly starved?
Most retarded statement ever right there. Not a single soul on earth believes something so outrageous. Europe flourished for thousands of years without laying a single finger on north Africa let alone black Africa. Quit with your afrocentrist lying now. Africa was in the stone ages when the first Europeans arrived, hence the easy takeover. And don't bring up Egypt. Egypt was not black.

As for gun powder, none of us are denying other races invented stuff. It is common sense and many invented great things. But nitpicking inventions in a vast world is proving nothing to anybody. I knew the Chinese invented gun powder, it's not news to me. And who made the most advancements with it? The Chinese or Europeans? The answer is simple.

Last edited by lobsta; 04-11-2013 at 03:11 AM..

Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Perhaps it is you with your limited capacity to fully comphrend the full affects of White American dominated slavery. There is no other time in history were a group of people were treated so inhumanely not just during the actual event of slavery but after and the backlash is still being felt today. I cannot help but to notice that American whites that have suspect (at most) knowledge of their own history are always quick to point out the fact that black rulers sold their own people to Europeans. The truth is that it was common practice of the conquering ruler to either kill,enslave or sale the vanquished males from the defeated tribe to other tribes or in this case the Europeans. The women and young children were assimulated into their own tribe. This was also a common practice throughout other dynasties as well. But as I mentioned before American slavery is still considered to be the most brutal form of slavery considering the after affects can still be felt.

As for your lack of compassion that can only be matched to your abundance of ignorance, let me try to get this though your moronic view of Black Americans in this country in relation to Africa and slavery. If europeans did not colonize Africa or steal it's inhabitants for cheap labor, just how far do you think that this country would have gone? Without the capital generated through slavery this country would have been over run by the French and or the British. Furthermore the production of cotton and other things such as tabacco would not have been as profitable nor would such inventions as the cotton gin (Eli Whitney)would have been in invented. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches would not have existed without peanut butter (George Washington Carver). Not to mention hundreds of other things created by Black Americans.

As far as for your other assinine assumption that if slavery did not exist that blacks would have been starving in Africa. If Europeans had stayed where they were they proably would have been still in the dark ages since the majority of their technology/math/sciences and medicine came from Africa in the first place. Just think if it was not for the gunpowder that was stolen from the Chinese, Europeans would not have been able to conquer anything and would have perished or at least would have remained as a group of conglomerate third world countries. I guess that it also never occurred to you that Africa is a continent that has much of the world's natural resources and therefore would have have no need of either America or Europe to survive. With that being said, if all of the black leaders, inventors and generals would have remained in Africa unhindered what makes you think that they could have possibly starved?
I will give blacks their due when it comes to contributions to society, but you go way overboard stating blacks role in the formation of this country. Had we not had slavery in this country, there would have been no choice but to have paid labor, but the future would not be much different than it is now. What makes you think things would have been that different had we not had slaves???

Old 04-11-2013, 09:31 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,335,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

So to prove a pointless point you go and dig through Youtube to find some ignorant black person to make your case. Should I go to a max prison and talk to a child molestor and ask him about white people?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
You can't buy success and you can't hand it to someone....it must be earned.

Well, I have a B.S in HPA and 20 years of Medical Administration, so can you explain to me why my supervisor has a high school diploma?

It sickens me every time a successful black person is denigrated as some sort of traitor to his people. It's THAT kind of crap that keeps people down.

Only if he is being proped up by the right to prove their position and make assinine statements insulting other blacks who are busting their butts to make ends meet

Somehow, nowadays telling someone to pick themselves up and be responsible is racist...

Especially when it is not true, because the rules are made to make you struggle harder unlike your white counterparts

As far as white privilege goes....I must have been absent the day that was handed out.

Mainly because, apparently you don't know what it is

I HAVE been turned down for grants and jobs because of quotas though...
Heavens!! It could not remotely be possible that you were not the best candidate for the position Hmm, I guess you really do know what white priviledge is

Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I understand, but you also have to understand that many are crying wolf way to often and the cries of discrimination/racism get old and start to get ignored after a while. You are right, it is not always discrimination and difficult to prove. Too many use these claims or the fear of being accused of discriminationn to get ahead and it makes employers wary. What happens is, employers shy away from hiring blacks, rather than put up with the aggravation of a possible lawsuit.
Or simply use what you said as a well disguished reason for not hiring blacks in the first place. This is why racism is more covert now than year ago.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Don't talk like you know me...

Actually it was from a police officer who I knew. When I heard his department was hiring I was somewhat curious so I asked him about it and he said not to bother, they were being criticized for not having enough minorities so that's what they were looking for...the rest was just a dog and pony show. FWIW HE WAS a minority as well, but was upset about how they were going about things because it took legitimacy away from the people who actually earned their place.

Now, look what he said! "They were being criticized for not having enough minorities" what does that tell you? Sounds to me that they were not hiring any in the first place, which is what? Discrimination! You just came in AFTER they got caught and are trying to rectify what they have been doing for years. Btw, because he was a "minority" which could mean anyone that was not physically non-white does not automatically mean that his agreement provides credit to your statement.

The grant thing was when I was going to A&P school in the late 80's. I qualified for no grants for the 18 month course because my wife and I made slightly over 30k the year before. A guy in my class was black and by himself earned over what my wife and I together earned the year before. He got a full ride, not only through the A&P program but the 18 month avionics program as well. ...JUST because he was a minority.

I find that hard to believe since grants are given mainly by financial need, but nevermind did he tell you how much he made?

Facts are that some bad stuff happened to minorities especially blacks...but it's not happening now. Most people today had nothing to do with any of it and most today were not victims of it.

So how long have you been black and experienced this fantasy?

What do you want? To have it never have happened? That would be nice except it DID happen.
We can't change that...now you have to move on!

Thank you, It is nice that you can exhibit compassion to something that you know so little about

As far as slavery goes....the Irish and Chinese slaves in this country were valued far below black slaves and treated as such....you might want to actually read some history instead of being a lemming and buying into the Left's tripe.
Please share with us pictures of Irish and Chinese shipped to this country in chains or hanging from a tree

Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,469,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
All over the world the people with the darker skin are discriminated against by the people in power who have lighter skin. This is especially true with African Americans.

Many people say the main reason black people in America are discriminated against is they have black or dark skin. Do you think this is the true reason for the discrimination and hate or is it something else.

If the real reason is something other than their physical skin color then what is it?
Are East Indians discriminated against because of their skin color? They come in the exact same shades as African American people.

It's not skin color.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 PM

313 posts, read 329,904 times
It's not having dark skin, most whites I know are 'racist' because of the way most of them act.
When the majority of your people act a certain way and tend to do certain things more than others.. one has a right to be reasonably suspicious. This suspicion might seem racist but one cannot be blamed for not taking that risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies