Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM

353 posts, read 395,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It affects my life because this filth is being beamed into our homes and presented as normal. It makes this country morally weaker and sicker.
I think most people do not have the ability to use critical thinking skills. They never question, or think about the larger picture or ramifications when discussing a topic. Part of the reason for this is, the media does the thinking for most people. They frame the issue for the general public, and most (who lack critical thinking abilities) simply accept it. Another problematic fact is, most of the networks are owned by the same entities, so there's no diversity of thought with respect to much of the content.

No one is allowed to voice opposition to homosexuality, or speak up for traditional families any more. For this reason, I stopped watching the mainstream media years ago.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:48 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,232,523 times
Quote:
It affects my life because this filth is being beamed into our homes and presented as normal. It makes this country morally weaker and sicker.
If you don't have the mental capacity or the wherewithal to withstand things you don't agree with or at least be civil about it, then honestly? What the hell are you doing here? Things go on every day that I don't like, but you don't see me bashing people and wasting time on an internet forum playing armchair general now do you? No, you don't.

You have every right to disagree with what's going on, but I do believe you take things far to the extreme with your opinions and so called 'values'. Why not just go back home if this is the way you feel?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,514,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
Then don't watch the Today Show! Can't you watch, I dunno, Christian Broadcast Network? Televangelism? Surely there must still exist some sort of bigotry out there on the radio waves. In case you haven't noticed we're living in the 21st century and the whole religious morality argument is debunked, worn-out, tired, wrinkled, and antiquated.
Ha! Last week when CPAC was in town, all the local pharmacies doubled up on condom sales. They're very much a "do as I say, not as I do" bunch. All that self-loathing and suppression eventually needs to come out. Hence the OP's excuse to look at Pride Parade pictures to prove how "degenerate" they are. Sure Ed, we believe you...

Old 03-28-2013, 12:10 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,252,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So is it pushing an agenda when heterosexual anchors say they are expecting with their spouse?
No!!!!!!! that's called normal.....I know that you can't understand that!!!!

Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
No!!!!!!! that's called normal.....I know that you can't understand that!!!!
Normal is subjective. There's what you accept as normal, there's what I accept as normal, then there's what society at large accepts as normal.

In all three instances, they are completely different from one another and are completely subjective to the eye of the beholder.

Certainly you can see that, right?

Old 03-28-2013, 01:17 AM

491 posts, read 373,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So is it pushing an agenda when heterosexual anchors say they are expecting with their spouse?
Homosexual couples can't have a child without an opposite sex mate.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Homosexual couples can't have a child without an opposite sex mate.
What does having children have to do with marriage?

Old couples (same sex or hetero) that are married aren't having kids any time soon and there are many a married couple that don't want kids, so how does that effect them?

I'm just curious as to why this is always brought up when it has to bearing on the marriage equality argument.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:20 AM

491 posts, read 373,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
God. I don't even think this is worth my time to reply to but here I am.

What exactly is the gay agenda and how does it personally affect your life? Why would you care if someone wants to come out of the closet on national TV? Instead of belly-aching and whining on an internet forum, why don't you write to the Today Show and express your views that gay people should be censored in the media? Oh right, because they'd just laugh.
What is the pedophilia agenda and how exactly does it affect your life?

Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,114,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
What is the pedophilia agenda and how exactly does it affect your life?
I would imagine the pedophilia agenda would be for pedophiles to be able to have sex with prepubescent children with impunity. Since essentially every expert out there agrees that, in a nutshell, an adult having sex with a child ****s that child up, should a pedophile find a way to have sex with a child with whom you have a relationship, it would affect your life in many negative ways.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,137 times
Quote:
1. You don't have to turn your TV on.
2. You don't have to watch them - switch the channel.
3. You are not being held hostage in the US. You are free to move to another country. (Suggestion: Ghana)

I highly recommend point 3 as life as we know it in the US isn't going to change in this country to suit people like you who are homophobic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.