Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's the difference? She has said that conservatives hate everyone along with this. Sounds like she'd like to have conservatives eradicated from our country. Quote same person:

"conservatives hate poor people. Hate single moms. Hate black people, mexicans, muslims, etc. conservatives give to charitable organizations that will help people that look like them"
Anyone who believes that everyone with a group all believe the exact same thing is an idiot.

1. I have been poor, and I am conservative.
2. I have been a single dad, raising 2 children. I would hope we don't hate single parents, many of us are single parents.
3. The thought we hate black people is in itself ridiculous and laughable. My neighbors and co workers would ALL tell you different, both the liberal AND conservative ones. Additionally, if all conservatives hate black people, what about those that are black? are you insinuating that they hate themselves? Sounds like drivel to me... And to say we hate mexicans and muslims, most muslims by definition ARE conservative.
4. I give to my synagogue, the SPCA, the Wounded Warrior Project, the united way, and the Judeo/Christian outreach center, as well as toys for tots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Sometimes I think I would prefer to be a garbage collector. I hate being stuck at a desk staring at a computer all day. Not only is it a yawn but you're stuck inside a cubicle w/recycled air, you have coworkers around you that you can't stand but you can't get away from them, there's nothing physically demanding in my job & your a*s seriously gets bigger, lol.
A lot of Americans prefer blue-collared jobs rather than being a desk jockey. Our blue-collared American workforce has been the backbone of our country. I commend them for their hard work. However, so many of those jobs have been outsourced or illegal aliens are holding them now. Both of these practices need to be stopped to protect our blue-collared American workforce.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:57 PM

977 posts, read 763,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
dick butkus would be ashamed.
:d

Old 04-01-2013, 12:57 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Even then, they're the face of your business. Screw them over at your peril. (Not you personally, NoJiveMan. Them. )
Well, you're absolutely correct about that, my bad, first impressions are lasting impressions. The last thing a fast food franchise wants is to lose a customer because a greeter was ugly.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:01 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I noticed the same thing. Only like 40 posts & all of them attacking liberals. Very immature & probably someone who used to be on here.
Inaccurate, I attacked no one, in any of my posts.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well, what should they pay? At some point time is worth money regardless. If paying people to assist your in your business is part of your business model then you need to include that cost - if you need someone with "no skills" then you need them. Why do you expect people to work for nothing?

If you have a full time job and cannot exist on the wages from that full time job, then what is the point in having said full time job?
I think you make a good point. Time is our most precious and limited commodity thanks to aging and death. We're only young so long and then we die. If people expect other people to take 40 hours and more(commute time and getting ready time)out of their time every week to perform a function for somebody than it has to be made worth their while on some level. And when gas is pushing $4.00 a gallon $7.25 is not it. Even $10.00 now days when taking into account gas and rent is not worth anything to someone who needs to be self sufficient. I'd say $15.00 an hour with benefits is the minimum a single individual can afford to work for assuming no assistance from another human being. At least around my parts.

I loved the $10.00 an hour comment. As if that's some outlandish salary need in 2013 where gas is over $3.50 a gallon and the cheapest rent is around $600.00 for bottom of the barrel places. Ten dollars an hour is absolutely NOTHING in the year 2013. It's not even a slave wage in the Northeast corridor of the country.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A lot of Americans prefer blue-collared jobs rather than being a desk jockey. Our blue-collared American workforce has been the backbone of our country. I commend them for their hard work. However, so many of those jobs have been outsourced or illegal aliens are holding them now. Both of these practices need to be stopped to protect our blue-collared American workforce.
Our son is one of them: he had a chance to go to college on a baseball scholarship (in fact lots of possible scholaships) he decided to go pro. It didn't work out, he joined the Army. After 4 years he was discharged. Instead of going to college he started his own painting company. from there he got into laying and reconditioning floors for large restaurant chains. It was horrible hours and of back breaking work. Now, in his late 40s he mostly just does the estimates and some trouble shooting. He is very intelligant but choose to use his hands and never looked back. He would have been miserable had he been stuck in an office all day.

To the OP, let me assure you nobody dislikes workers, but that is the word "workers" You have to work hard, not just work and you have to have either a skill or a lot of natural talent.

Nita

Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Inaccurate, I attacked no one, in any of my posts.
Neither I nor the person I was replying to in that post you quoted were talking about you.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:20 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
I loved the $10.00 an hour comment. As if that's some outlandish salary need in 2013 where gas is over $3.50 a gallon and the cheapest rent is around $600.00 for bottom of the barrel places. Ten dollars an hour is absolutely NOTHING in the year 2013. It's not even a slave wage in the Northeast corridor of the country.
I find that laughable as well. Either the people who agree w/paying workers such low wages are either stay at home workers who have never worked, are seriously out of touch w/reality or are plain lying, a partisan hack.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:28 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Skilled or not it`s not an easy day`s work but anyone who shows up every day and does the job deserves a decent wage. He`s probably contributing more to society than someone in their cubicle drinking coffee and checking facebook. Why is it that people have no respect for hard work anymore?
It sure isn't a hard days work.

Have you ever worked doing "real labor". I have. Heck many trash trucks now have lifts to pick the cans up and they have wheels on them so they aren't even picking them up.

Don't get me wrong, I respect ANYBODY who does a job.

ALL jobs should be paid what they are worth, not some mythical wage for social equality or what some union has wrangled from the taxpayers.

"According to the BLS, the average annual salary for refuse collectors was $34,310 as of May 2010. The lowest-paid 10 percent earned $18,730 or less, and the highest-paid 10 percent earned $53,560 or more.

"New York City did not report earnings information to the BLS, but the city's Department of Sanitation reported that, as of 2011, the starting salary was $31,200, with a maximum salary of $67,141 after 5 years, 6 months."[LEFT]
Read more: Garbage Man Salaries in New York | eHow.com Garbage Man Salaries in New York | eHow.com
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies