Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Spin, spin, spin. You register a gun and make its owner responsible to society for what is done with it. This discourages bad behavior of RWNJs who really want zero accountability, which is behind all their opposition to enforcement programs, yet they are the first to cry about law enforcement not doing its job.
You all really need it.
Oh, and your war on drugs was a paranoid right-wing knee-jerk reaction to a perceived problem of drugs invading white communities, as well as a little blowback against non-conformist counterculture hippies. No right winger should complain about it.
Are all of us gun owners going to have to walk around with yellow ar15 patches on our shirts?

Punish people for their crimes not me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Are all of us gun owners going to have to walk around with yellow ar15 patches on our shirts?

Punish people for their crimes not me.
Don't commit a crime and you won't be punished.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Don't commit a crime and you won't be punished.
Don't commit a crime and you won't get shot by a legal gun owner trying to protect himself...

See how that sounds? You don't like that do you? You should, people are justifiably shot in self defense a whole hell of a lot more often than kids are shot in schools with AR15s.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM

7,148 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Thanks, we'll deal with our own issues in our own way. State's rights and all that. You have no business whining about it.

We know that the rest of the nation has already forgotten 20 children shredded to bits in less than five minutes by your patriotic guns. We're still dealing with the emotional fallout, plus the financial fallout of figuring out how to protect our schools with more guns and gun bearers (the conservative wet dream).

Stuff it, Mr. Reich.
What happens in one state in the USA is always of interest to other states. All of our opinions matter, regardless of what you may think.

No, the rest of the nation has not forgotten your unforgetable tragedy. Why you believe that is beyond reason.

But the children weren't gunned down by patriotic guns. They were gunned down by a deranged person. Tragic and a monumental loss, yes.

If you think the rest of this country is no longer empathic and feels no tremendous sadness over your loss, you need to look inside yourself to see why you believe that way. That is pathetic, imho. To own a victim mentality prevents one from accepting love and support from those who care.

Keep your wet dreams to yourself, please.

best,
toodie

Old 04-04-2013, 10:46 PM

7,148 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Queen has a job.

She also knows that answers from me are not what you want. You're here simply to rant, rave and froth at the mouth with irrelevant talking points about why children should die so you can stroke your weapons in peace.

Are any facts I post going to change the minds of the insane here?

Thought not. Your sex toys are far more important to you than dead children. Scapegoat the mentally ill all you want. You know as well as I do that that's not the answer. It's just more convenient to say so because it shifts attention from your sick obsession to someone else.

If that sick young man's mother wasn't a gun nut like all of you, those children would still be alive. Period. I usually ignore these threads nowadays, because I know there are no sane gun owners on this board to discuss the issues with, but I wanted to step into this one because the hypocrisy of defending states' rights in all cases except this one was annoying.

Now I really do have to work. Enjoy yourselves, and after a long hard day of repeating meaningless drivel, you can relax with your favorite sex toys.
Darn. I thought you really meant it when you said you were going away.

You really sound like some mental help of your own might be in order. Seriously. With your references to everyone else's "sick obsessions," how you "ignore these threads nowadays," but keep posting, how you "know" there are "no sane gun owners on this board."

I seriously wonder if you're in need of some mental counseling and help, yourself.

best of luck with your mental patterns.
toodie

Old 04-05-2013, 06:35 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
If a victim is in a wheelchair, or is a small child is in a classroom, or is a shopper is at the mall, wouldn't it be safe to say that their ability to escape is somewhat limited when it comes to a would-be killer with a long-range weapon? Imagine that. A rifle or shotgun is a much more deadly than a blunt instrument, knife, bowling ball or whatever today's silly analogy is.

We're constantly being told that it makes no sense to control guns because they're no more dangerous than knives, blunt instruments of [fill in the blank with NRA talking points]. Pointing out that it's much easier to kill people from a distance and at great speed is shouted down with howls of [fill in the blank with NRA talking points].

I'd take you and your NRA owners much more seriously if you didn't engage in this kind of rank hypocrisy.

Not an NRA member, so try again! I do however; fully support the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms in this country! I realize you don't, so maybe you should perhaps look to move to some European country that doesn't allow their citizens to own them! Feel good laws such as restricting clip sizes, the amount of ammo one can have, or the type of rifle one can have is not going to solve the problems.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You want to wreck a legal industry and put people out of work.

Enforce the thousands of gun laws that already exist instead of enacting new ones which won't be enforced if past history is any judge.
I really don't like to play the left vs right partisan BS. But big gubbermint types love to create more bureaucratic BS, and know no bounds for increasing the size of government through excessive regulations! Gee, let's make more laws, when we can't even enforce the ones we have on the books!!! Yeah, that's a smart solution.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Yes, you should defend yourself with the weapons those guys used. Why do you need a gun?

The 2nd Amendment affords him that right. So why is it your business as to what type of weapon he uses to defend himself with?

Old 04-05-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Having different rules for different people is a direct violation of the 14th amendment. Your proposal will never make it past an injunction because it is blatantly unconstitutional.

Since when do progressives care about the Constitution?

Old 04-05-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
You need new talking points. Sane people stopped listening to this drivel ages ago.

Truth hurt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies