Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
So you need a president to inspire you not to commit crime and to take care of your kids? Whatever happened to personal responsibility?
Come on, that is a stretch. You never heard of role models?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If and when interest rates go up it will certainly hurt many people. Hopefully you will get your student loans paid off before then if the are adjustable. Then again, I'll bet you have a huge school loan because the subsidizing drove the cost of education up. A job, hopefully not a McD job.

But you are right, it is your hard work (whiners take notice). See, he went to college and has a job. So what is everyone else's problem. I hear so much whining from people when here you have it,... it can be done, Natural is proof.
I went to a CC, so the fees were very reasonable. I'm getting my RN, and the hospital will pay up to $5.5K/yr for me to finish my BSN. All in all, not to bad. But believe me, unnecessarily doubling the interest rates just to fatten up some bank's bottom line would've still added more time for me to pay them off (in addition to old credit card debt)...money which could go to my son's future education, or my own retirement.

Quote:
Come on, that is a stretch. You never heard of role models?
The Obamas (both of them) have been excellent role models for minority youth, who previously only had entertainers on the national stage. They've been shown that with enough hard work, they too can become powerful without having to resort to crime. What's naive about that guy's post is believing all the problems in black & brown communities would magically change overnight just because a black man was in the White House. Obama is a great role model for personal responsibility, but he can't force anyone to pick themselves up.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I went to a CC, so the fees were very reasonable. I'm getting my RN, and the hospital will pay up to $5.5K/yr for me to finish my BSN. All in all, not to bad. But believe me, unnecessarily doubling the interest rates just to fatten up some bank's bottom line would've still added more time for me to pay them off (in addition to old credit card debt)...money which could go to my son's future education, or my own retirement.
lol, RN. You do realize that you would have had a job regardless of Obama. You do realize that hospitals have been paying higher education cost long before you or I ever heard of Obama. Of course you will have to work at that hospital while going to school. How long do you have to work for the hospital afterward? Does your contract make you stay 2, 4, 6 years after you graduate. So making a claim that you have a job after you graduate ...This is not in no way attributed to Obama.

RN... man, you will be busting butt. Oh, and family, seeing them either you will be too exhausted or miserable. If you have little ones be prepared to miss weekends, birthdays, holidays. Think about that when part of your paycheck goes to paying taxes to pay for the people who are too lazy to work.

Document everything you do because if you don't it didn't happen. Every day is a CYB day, cover your butt. People looking for lawsuits have always been in existence but because it is impossible to keep the quality of care up I'm sure it will get worse. I did it for 20 years, used to love it but happy as HELL to be out of that mess. I have friends who are RN and ancillary services and Obamacare is already causing nightmare because hospitals are preparing ahead. Health care quality is going down. People are only numbers.

Healthcare got worse after Hillary tried her form of Obamacare but when Hillary's father became ill her father had a whole personal staff but for the every day American, healthcare quality went down, if I recall the Clintons staffed an entire floor. I still remember the article where Hillary was quoted to have said that nurses were overpaid and undereducated.

Oh have fun, fun, fun! At least you will not be on the welfare rolls.

You can not attribute a job after graduation to Obama. We used to be able to get hired the day we went to an interview. It will be ungodly workloads and lesser quality of care, thanks to Obama.

Last edited by petch751; 04-04-2013 at 10:45 AM..

Old 04-04-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
The Obamas (both of them) have been excellent role models for minority youth, who previously only had entertainers on the national stage. They've been shown that with enough hard work, they too can become powerful without having to resort to crime. What's naive about that guy's post is believing all the problems in black & brown communities would magically change overnight just because a black man was in the White House. Obama is a great role model for personal responsibility, but he can't force anyone to pick themselves up.
You are right, Obama can't force anyone to pick themselves up but he could stop encouraging excuses as to why they will not take personal responsibility.

Ok, anything else.. Any other lame attempts?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
You can not attribute a job after graduation to Obama. We used to be able to get hired the day we went to an interview. It will be ungodly workloads and lesser quality of care, thanks to Obama.
Sounds like you might have a tough life with jobs, yet you choose to blame that on the President? Typical.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
With all the doom and gloom, people complaining about businesses and inability to find jobs, not being able to pull out from under big debt I wonder did anyone in the middle class benefit from Obama's policies? Is Obama's policies helping anyone who was in financial trouble since he came into office?
No way. Unless their idea of prosperity is staying a dependent and leech than sure, there are people who say they've been helped. He's done nothing to help this country economically. He's a failure

Old 04-04-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like you might have a tough life with jobs, yet you choose to blame that on the President? Typical.
Assuming again right. I've done very well in life thank you, and that is because no matter the circumstances it was up to "me" to do what needed to be done. No whining that I was owed, no living off the labor of other people. No whining that someone else has to be held responsible for me.

I am sick of people praising campaigner, partying Obama when he is not different and does not deserve praise. So I ask, why do people think he is different, what did he do that was so great. Like I asked, what am I missing.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
You are right, Obama can't force anyone to pick themselves up but he could stop encouraging excuses as to why they will not take personal responsibility.

Ok, anything else.. Any other lame attempts?
Who are these people you are saying aren't taking personal responsibility? And how has Obama been encouraging anyone to be lazy? Sounds like you are reading too much into things that don't exist.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Assuming again right. I've done very well in life thank you, and that is because no matter the circumstances it was up to "me" to do what needed to be done. No whining that I was owed, no living off the labor of other people. No whining that someone else has to be held responsible for me.

I am however, sick and tired of paying for lazy azzes.
Actually this entire thread of yours is about you whining about other fictional people. Who are these "lazy azzes" you are even talking about? Are you saying you hate the poor or something? Talk about being an elitist, I am sure the rich say the same thing about the mooching middle class.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:00 AM

Oh so here it comes. Ask an honest question. Help me see what is so great about Obama. And now here comes the name calling.

Fictional people? Really??? And are you really denying that lazy people do not exist. Do you deny that there are people who would rather live off the labor of others. People who think we should pay for what they do and held responsible for the kids they produce? Are you seriously denying this?

Do you deny that people use blame to justify the reason for their own failure. Yea, Obama is a role model on how to point and blame everyone else.

And automatically because I think people who are capable of working SHOULD WORK you accuse me of hate. So typical of the liberal / democratic way of thinking. Don't dare say anything, let them live off others labor. Shhh, sweep it under the rug but if I dare say anything it has to be hate.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies