Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 10:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Sounds about as logical as anything coming from the left.....

Oh yessiree, it must be done immediately....... oh, wait......
Exactly. I didn't trip and hit my head ya know man......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 11:01 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
This thread started with "insane". Yep "insane".

And that pretty much describes those buying these weapons.

Nice word choice.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Seems like this is the real vote to me.
The only thing insane is the new law. OK , and thinking it has anything to do with reducing violent crime.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The only thing insane is the new law. OK , and thinking it has anything to do with reducing violent crime.

wish all those gun owners would vote with their feet and move to other states, get out of more gun control states and move to states with less gun control. that way those states would feel the pinch in their pockets by gettiing less tax revenue and less federal tax money as well.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
wish all those gun owners would vote with their feet and move to other states, get out of more gun control states and move to states with less gun control. that way those states would feel the pinch in their pockets by gettiing less tax revenue and less federal tax money as well.
We did...

Old 04-06-2013, 10:21 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Hobbyists > Human Lives

There are actually losers out there that go to guns-for-money events and do whatever they can to stop those guns from being traded in and destroyed. They are more concerned with the guns being destroyed than the people that can be destroyed by them. Total insanity.
Purchasing a highly collectable firearm from someone that is going to let it get destroyed as nothing to do with people getting destroyed ? I'm sure you think Mcdonalds is resposible for people getting obese too right ? Same mentality your portraying.

Not that this is the norm but thanks to someone that knew what she had this lady is going to get $20k-30k for this firearm as opposed to a Walmart gift card. I'm sure there are plenty of collectable 1911's that have been destroyed.. sad indeed.
CT Woman Turns in WWII German Rifle at Gun Buyback | Field & Stream

Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Hobbyists > Human Lives

There are actually losers out there that go to guns-for-money events and do whatever they can to stop those guns from being traded in and destroyed. They are more concerned with the guns being destroyed than the people that can be destroyed by them. Total insanity.

it isnt being a loser to buy firearms from a taxpayer funded illegal buyback program. I have been to buybacks before and have seen our group of dealers buy hundreds of firearms and the cops left with very little.
just because we prefer not to have a city use taxpayer funds to buy legal firearms does not mean we are losers.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of collectable 1911's that have been destroyed.. sad indeed.
CT Woman Turns in WWII German Rifle at Gun Buyback | Field & Stream

I very much doubt that.... I'm sure that anything nice ends up in the private collections of the crooks that run these types of things. The broken guns, the junk guns, which I am willing to bet are the majority of firearms turned in at these buybacks, are likely the only ones destroyed.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 AM

104 posts, read 82,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You wish.
I like our odds. Gun control is not very favorable with the public at large, although the media tries to portray it that way. I think the issue of guns will blow up in a lot of Democrats faces. Hell, even some of my most liberal friends on the planet support the right of the average American to own some of those dangerous "assault weapons" because they have an understanding of history, and how it tends to repeat itself. Guns are the greatest deterrent to government tyranny.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:00 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
This thread started with "insane". Yep "insane".

And that pretty much describes those buying these weapons.

Nice word choice.
Insane meaning a number that is beyond normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies