Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:11 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,925,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Wow! I go to church regularly. Does that make me (or anyone) a "bible thumper"?
it makes you a bible thumper if you preach your beliefs and impose them on others.... hence.. the difference between a "bible reader".. and a "bible thumper"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 05:44 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,650,205 times
Kids need love, support and stability and if Gay people can provide that then surely it is wonderful. The idea of a couple or family unit being mother/father is a bit past it now. Families are a more fluid term and as far as I am concerned 2 people who love each other regardless of their sexual orientation and want kids , can provide for them are the perfect parents. You just have to look at some heterosexual families to realise not is all rosy there either. Child abuse, neglect and cruelty seem to figure pretty high on statistics sadly. Love is love. Gay, Hetero, orange, green with purple spots, poor or rich.

Surely the most important issue is the well being of the child. I have met gay couples with kids and they are the best parents anyone could imagine.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:14 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,643,232 times
Well said. Obviously what's in the child's best interest is all that really matters here. I can't imagine anyone would rather see a child in an institution or even a foster home than be adopted into a loving, stable family where the parents just happen to be gay.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
it makes you a bible thumper if you preach your beliefs and impose them on others.... hence.. the difference between a "bible reader".. and a "bible thumper"
ironic, to me, a non religious individual, it appears that you also are imposing your belief on others...

Old 10-30-2007, 08:26 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,140,047 times
Let's try to keep the discussion civil, and sans name calling!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:51 AM

30,409 posts, read 52,020,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
ironic, to me, a non religious individual, it appears that you also are imposing your belief on others...
How so?? They might be expressing feelings you disagree with, but that's MUCH different from trying to impose your beliefs on the law... as is the case with people who oppose gay adoptions & rights.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no.. I'm explaining my opinion to someone.. I wasn't even talking to you... so thanks...

Old 10-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
How so?? They might be expressing feelings you disagree with, but that's MUCH different from trying to impose your beliefs on the law... as is the case with people who oppose gay adoptions & rights.
thankyou....

Old 10-30-2007, 05:17 PM

640 posts, read 462,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othon View Post
Opinion???
"Social science evidence agrees that the best environment for the well-being of children is a household with both a mother and a father. A homosexual environment, on the other hand, can model homosexual behavior to children. In a study published in Developmental Psychology, London researchers Susan Golombok and Fiona Tasker found that children raised by a homosexual parent were much more likely to experiment with homosexual behavior themselves. Studies indicate that children in homosexual households are four times more likely to identify as homosexual or get involved in homosexual behavior than children raised in single-parent households."

Old 10-30-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
"Social science evidence agrees that the best environment for the well-being of children is a household with both a mother and a father. A homosexual environment, on the other hand, can model homosexual behavior to children. In a study published in Developmental Psychology, London researchers Susan Golombok and Fiona Tasker found that children raised by a homosexual parent were much more likely to experiment with homosexual behavior themselves. Studies indicate that children in homosexual households are four times more likely to identify as homosexual or get involved in homosexual behavior than children raised in single-parent households."

check your scources... that's crap... while I would agree that children might be more open to a homosexual relationship.. the reality is that sexuality is not black and white and many so called "straight" people actually act upon curiousities as adolescents.... What sort of studies are there about gay children having straight parents.. and gay children experimenting with straight sex? most guys I've dated have "tried" to be straight at one point in their lives.. so that sort of influence on gay children is ok though? because heterosexuality is socially acceptable? but not the inherent nature of the child? ridiculous premis....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies