Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 03:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
I agree. If you think that claiming Jesus as your Savior gives you a license to sin then you've used your 'salvation' to keep sinning. Jesus looks at the heart.
Making the "claim" means nothing if the heart is not changed. Whoever follows Christ is a new person, and old sinner is dead. This is what being "dead to sin" means, because the desire to live in habitual and willful is dead.

'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here!'

'What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 04:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thank you for letting everyone know you do not intend to comment.
Serious? This is your reply to my position that Jesus would know better than us who he wanted to follow him?

He still had Judas follow him even though he knew where his heart was.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:49 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Inquiring minds want to know!

Note: I am putting this here and not in the religion forum because it is a direct response to another thread here.
Why not? How is gossip better or worse than any other sin?

Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He still had Judas follow him even though he knew where his heart was.
Yes, He was meant to be betrayed, so Judas had a purpose. Of course Jesus said of Judas that it would have been better if he had not been born.

Quote:
Serious? This is your reply to my position that Jesus would know better than us who he wanted to follow him?
It was a reply to your comment where you basically said you are not willing to comment.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, He was meant to be betrayed, so Judas had a purpose. Of course Jesus said of Judas that it would have been better if he had not been born.
So we would have no place to second guess his choices?

Quote:
It was a reply to your comment where you basically said you are not willing to comment.
How in the world do you get me saying that I wasn't going to question him translated into I wasn't going to comment?

Quote:
It's really not my place to question what Jesus would have done. I wouldn't even question it if he asked an unrepentant sinner to follow him because I wouldn't even pretend to know what the future held.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
So we would have no place to second guess his choices?

How in the world do you get me saying that I wasn't going to question him translated into I wasn't going to comment?
It's cool if you do not have an opinon on the issue, or if you are afraid that your opinon would be taken as "second guessing" or "questioning" Jesus. No worries.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
It's cool if you do not have an opinon on the issue, or if you are afraid that your opinon would be taken as "second guessing" or "questioning" Jesus. No worries.
Yes, my opinion is that I would not second guess Jesus's choices. I do recall in the Bible where one does question him on the choices he made.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, my opinion is that I would not second guess Jesus's choices. I do recall in the Bible where one does question him on the choices he made.
If you think giving an opinon equates to "questioning", then by all means hold your peace.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Yes, we are all sinners, but the the question was about a person who was an unrepentent sinner, who was still practicing his sin habitually and willfully with no intention of stopping. Would Jesus have chosen such person to represent Him? The obvious answer is no, because such person rejects Jesus and salvation.
So, this individual, who flatly rejects Christ, by unrepentant sin, would not be "representative" , and thus, not alloed to "follow" Christ. I see. Well, phrased that way, it makes sense, I reckon. Yet, Jesus still forgives, even tbe "unrepentant". Salvation could still be given, even to the most, seemingly, hopeless of sinners. Christ is saddened by those who profess rejection of Him, yet He offered no judgement, on the Fathers behalf, in this world. His Love is pure. Even for those who reject Him. Above all, hope is given even the worst of sinners.

These threads, that insinuate judgement, for specific sins, are rather shortsighted, however. His message is not one of judvement and damnation. But of hope. Even for the worst among men. Hope until death.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 AM

977 posts, read 763,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn_jarber View Post
making the "claim" means nothing if the heart is not changed. Whoever follows christ is a new person, and old sinner is dead. This is what being "dead to sin" means, because the desire to live in habitual and willful is dead.

'therefore, if anyone is in christ, the new creation has come:the old has gone, the new is here!'

'what shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer'
amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies