Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 03:32 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Is Rick perry praying for rain any different than a Democrat Rep. that thinks Guam may tip over because of to many Marines going there.

Rep. Johnson, Guam will Tip over and capsize because of Marine Corps - YouTube

How about Maxine Waters thinking that the sequester will cost The U.S. 170 MILLION jobs!

There are plenty of nuts on both sides of the fence. Maybe all of us could put aside our disagreements and agree to vote all of them out on both sides, you can still vote for the D or the R or the I just not the ones currently in office, lets start out fresh.

bill
As a liberal, I would GLADLY vote out those two idiots. They are an embarrassment to the left. Stupid is stupid, but you have to admit that the empirical evidence shows there is only one side that has a near monopoly on idiotic thinking, right? The examples of anti-science, anti-logic, anti-reason is predominantly on the right, and that study by PPP proves it. It's not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 03:34 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
28% believe Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11? 58% of Republicans think climate change is a hoax? 14% believe in Bigfoot?

The video below showcases a list of crazy conservative beliefs:
Maher Rails Against ‘Stupid’ Americans And GOP For Being Defiantly Anti-Science, ‘Science Activist’ Weighs In | Mediaite

The rejection of science is possibly the single most dangerous thing we can do as a country. It stunts our growth and prosperity on every level. It's time to grow up and listen to non-biased experts in their field.

Why choose to be ignorant?
Climate change IS a hoax.

If not, why then do multimillionaires like algore built a multimillion dollar estate ON the Pacific Ocean?

Why were the two largest temperature studies tampered with?

Bigfoot? I don't know....I think that belief is shared.

Those who are actually informed by more than the msm know that Saddam Hussein was not involved in 911. Besides, the lefties started talking about taking him out for his "weapons of mass destruction" long before Bush considered running.

“Saddam’s goal … is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed.” — Madeline Albright, 1998

“[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.” — From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

“The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.” — Bill Clinton in 1998

“Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people.” — Tom Daschle in 1998

“As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.” — Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

There are many, many more if you would like to see them.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:34 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Since I've seem to hit one of your nerves, I think you may have made my point.....................FilthyHooker.
Since you have not provided evidence supporting your statement (a skill learned in middle school) I will assume that that was a lie (which is 3/7 of the way to liberal).

Old 04-06-2013, 03:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Since you have not provided evidence supporting your statement (a skill learned in middle school) I will assume that that was a lie (which is 3/7 of the way to liberal).
Uhhh...I don't think that came out the way that you meant it.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:37 PM

977 posts, read 763,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Figures lie and liars figure. My 'facts' are as valid as the next guy's. Byt chew on this on a beautiful Saturday evening.............

Scientists discovery of liberal gene confirms liberalism is a disease

Old 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
I would not claim all conservatives are willfully ignorant, but a number sure do seem to fit the bill. The my country, my party right or wrong kind of folks. I mean what intelligent person would listen to talk radio blowhards? Precious few, yet such shows have a huge following of loud people, usually conservatives.

A lot of folks are pretty close-minded, and those people seem to inhabit the far partisan edges of the parties.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Uhhh...I don't think that came out the way that you meant it.
Dammit Harrier! I was going to see if he would have caught it. Probably not

Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,859,637 times
Quote:
Has anyone even bothered to check out this poll? it's an easily manipulated pile of crap. like most polls of this type. but here's a good one for ya according to this poll 6% of Democrats believe that Obama is the Anti-Christ and 23% of democrats think global warming is a hoax

bill

Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I would not claim all conservatives are willfully ignorant, but a number sure do seem to fit the bill. The my country, my party right or wrong kind of folks. I mean what intelligent person would listen to talk radio blowhards? Precious few, yet such shows have a huge following of loud people, usually conservatives.

A lot of folks are pretty close-minded, and those people seem to inhabit the far partisan edges of the parties.
You can just as easily repost that and insert 'liberal' and extract 'conservative'.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
As a liberal, I would GLADLY vote out those two idiots. They are an embarrassment to the left. Stupid is stupid, but you have to admit that the empirical evidence shows there is only one side that has a near monopoly on idiotic thinking, right? The examples of anti-science, anti-logic, anti-reason is predominantly on the right, and that study by PPP proves it. It's not even close.
Here's logic.

A baby feels pain at 16 weeks. FACT.....SCIENCE

The earth has gone through hundreds of changes for millennium. FACT.....SCIENCE

Where I'm sitting right now was covered by a mile thick glacier only 12,000 years ago. FACT....SCIENCE

lefties look at data over a mere 50 years and decide that we humans are responsible for "climate change".

The climate has been extremely consistent over my lifetime. Cold in winter, hot in summer. Some are colder than others, some hotter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies