Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Epic fail at trying to excuse the inexcusable.
Lol. Some of us, the non-neanderthals in America, actively support the arts. These programs are usually broadcast on PBS and I always watch.

To whomever sent me the anonymous rep saying the Obamas "turned it into the Chicago ghetto". One of the performers, Mavis Staples, sings gospel and is a part of one of the most famous Christian singing families in the country. Al Green is a wonderfully talented gospel singer. If you have a problem with people singing in church, or think singing songs about Jesus Christ is a bad thing and consider them all "ghetto" sign your name next time so we'll ALL know your feelings on the subject. Thanks.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-09-2013 at 12:14 PM..

Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,586 times
Quote:
As well you should be.

The whole nation is offended, and embarrassed, at the hideous misbehavour of this grotesque pair of priviledge-abusing wastrels of human debris, aka the Obamas.
Did you whine about the lavish lifestyles of previous first families as well? I'm guessing the answer is a resounding NO.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Did you whine about the lavish lifestyles of previous first families as well? I'm guessing the answer is a resounding NO.
It's ALWAYS a NO. It's those uppity Obamas people have a problem with.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Epic fail at trying to excuse the inexcusable. The Obamas misuse the perks of the office a) like nobody before them, and b) in the face of the Obama-created misery that has destroyed so much prosperity and opportunity for America and Americas.
"...like nobody before them."
Born yesterday you must have been.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol. Some of us, the non-neanderthals in America, actively support the arts. These programs are usually broadcast on PBS and I always watch.

To whomever sent me the anonymous rep saying the Obamas "turned it into the Chicago ghetto". One of the performers, Mavis Staples, sings gospel and is a part of one of the most famous Christian singing families in the country. Al Green is a wonderfully talented gospel singer. If you have a problem with people singing in church, or think singing songs about Jesus Christ is a bad thing and consider them all "ghetto" sign your name next time so we'll ALL know your feelings on the subject. Thanks.
You know else thought the arts were so special? Hitler and Stalin... You were automatically an elite if you were an artist or performer. Sounds like you want it to be like that. The arts do nothing for ANYONE's prosperity unless you are the artist and finally die.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
As well you should be.

The whole nation is offended, and embarrassed, at the hideous misbehavour of this grotesque pair of priviledge-abusing wastrels of human debris, aka the Obamas.
I am neither offended nor embarrassed, so, NOT, the "whole nation."

Gotta say though, love the hyperbole.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Under who were we in an economic mess like this and the POTUS is telling everyone to buckle down while he doesn't?

Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Oh, no they didn't.
Unbelievable.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:34 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Yeah michelle lets boogie that big butt of yours all nite long..
So childish, so juvenile.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You know else thought the arts were so special? Hitler and Stalin... You were automatically an elite if you were an artist or performer. Sounds like you want it to be like that. The arts do nothing for ANYONE's prosperity unless you are the artist and finally die.
Wow. Just wow.

NEA Says US Cultural Sectors Primed the Pump by $278 Billion - WNYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies