Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,784,084 times

Advertisements

When whites come to the defense of whites.

1. Bring up blacks even though it has nothing to do with this thread. Lol

2. Bring up having more parents.

3. Make up excuses to throw mom and dad in a nursing home and say its good to respond to emergencies lol

4 forget about loving the one who created you, throw them in a nursing and see them once a week and when someone complain being up blacks lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,131,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
in this nation. To me this is a result of the consumerist, selfish mindset that has permeated this nation. Please spare me the PC all races do this crapola. Ive seen the numbers and more whites throw their parents in nursing homes than do hispanics, blacks, and Asians. What a dirtbag mentality. The people who have given you life and brought you into this world, raised you and you cant be bothered with them? I am white, but I'll call out my own race when I have to and call a spade a spade. When it comes to how to respect your elders and treat your parents I really admire as we all should the Asians and Indians.

Do you have any actual links to back this up, or is this your opinion?

Do you have any idea what it takes to care for a person with chronic and severe medical issues, or dementia? There is a point where your best efforts aren't enough to properly care for a loved one.

We (my siblings and I ) decided to admit our mother to hospice care because she needed round the clock supportive care that none of us could provide. They made her comfortable in her last days, and one of us was there daily to visit her.

Maybe you should walk a while in a caregiver's shoes before you make such a blanket statement.

Last edited by carterstamp; 04-11-2013 at 09:08 AM..

Old 04-11-2013, 09:05 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,693,001 times
Sometimes a nursing home is better. People seem to think that taking care of the sick and elderly is EASY! It's not! Some things should be left to professionals.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:12 AM

365 posts, read 645,323 times
To be fair. Nursing Homes are expensive. On the low side it is $3000 a month. There are many subsidized Senior hospitals with nothing but minorities.

If I play my cards right. I hope to have enough money saved to live in one of those retirement communities and just have orgies every weekend.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,823,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
in this nation. To me this is a result of the consumerist, selfish mindset that has permeated this nation. Please spare me the PC all races do this crapola. Ive seen the numbers and more whites throw their parents in nursing homes than do hispanics, blacks, and Asians. What a dirtbag mentality. The people who have given you life and brought you into this world, raised you and you cant be bothered with them? I am white, but I'll call out my own race when I have to and call a spade a spade. When it comes to how to respect your elders and treat your parents I really admire as we all should the Asians and Indians.
Clueless is the word that comes to mind. Or perhaps judgmental and assumptive. Either way, you need to backup the above cr*p with something substantive. Perhaps a nice peer-reviewed study that supports your claims?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:23 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
The idea that people are just abandoning their parents (does taking your child to the hospital when necessary also count as abandonment? ) and shirking their responsibilities is pretty absurd. Sure some people do that. But many people are also just doing what they think is best. If you're working full time, it's not really feasible to take care of parents who require a lot of attention. It's also not really possible to provide much direct care if there's a large geographic separation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Do you have any actual links to back this up, or is this your opinion
Some data: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nnhsd/E...es.pdf#Table01

Note how it doesn't really support the OP's assertion.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,834,620 times
My wife took care of her mother to the bitter end. She allowed her to stay in her home and made a huge effort to support the old lady. I took care of her dying father personally nursing him in our home...I nursed my dying dad in my childhood home when I was only 17...MY mother had kidney failure and I took the time to keep her going as long as possible. People have to do their duty...It is not pleasant and it is demanding..to abandon a sick adult is no different than abandoning a child. Yes it is mostly "white" culture that does this...not all whites are white....if you know what I mean. Some of us have soul and are old school who practice loyalty.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,345,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Do you have any actual links to back this up, or is this your opinion?

Do you have any idea what it takes to care for a person with chronic and severe medical issues, or dementia? There is a point where your best efforts aren't enough to properly care for a loved one.
I agree. The original post is just ignorant, inflammatory trolling by people who have no idea what it's like to be blowing out your retirement account while caring for ailing parents and putting children through college and working full time.

Ignorance is bliss OP, you'll get your turn in life and then you'll get to listen to silly nitwits make stupid comments.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:26 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,883,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Clueless is the word that comes to mind. Or perhaps judgmental and assumptive. Either way, you need to backup the above cr*p with something substantive. Perhaps a nice peer-reviewed study that supports your claims?

Attack the messenger when it hits a little close to home. Sorry charlie, I saw my parents and their siblings tend for and care my grandparents in their elder years putting their parents before themselves because they wanted to, even though it made things inconvenient for them. Me and my siblings will do the same. You can hire hospice like care to come to the house for the same price if not less than sending your parents away to the glue factory. Their is a dignity and honor in spending time with those who raised you, and allowing them to live their elder years in their homes. To each their own. I love all the excuse making here. It's just a proxy for the selfish, excuse making mindset that has permeated this nation. Again.. hang out with Asians and Indians. See how they do it. Are they somehow immune to the same issues that the weak minded here seem to be chirping about? This dependence on others in society who arent family members and the excuse making really gets old in this country!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,883,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
My wife took care of her mother to the bitter end. She allowed her to stay in her home and made a huge effort to support the old lady. I took care of her dying father personally nursing him in our home...I nursed my dying dad in my childhood home when I was only 17...MY mother had kidney failure and I took the time to keep her going as long as possible. People have to do their duty...It is not pleasant and it is demanding..to abandon a sick adult is no different than abandoning a child. Yes it is mostly "white" culture that does this...not all whites are white....if you know what I mean. Some of us have soul and are old school who practice loyalty.

I really admire you! You are an example of a good son and loyal person!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies