Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 06:03 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,225,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't share your views regarding looks at all, but I also shy away from angry, loud, and aggressive women. Even a certain type of language and pronunciation that implies a lack of education is enough for me to simply rule someone out. I could not take someone like Oprah, no matter what she looks like. Let alone someone that speaks like she comes straight from the ghetto.

Well, I will say that I find plenty of black women to be attractive physically. But rarely have I ever met a black girl that I would actually want to talk to for more than five minutes.

With that said, the only black girl I ever remember spending any time with that was sort of dating material. Was this girl in my science class in high school. We sat at a big square table, two people on each side. And she sat across the table from me. She was very dark, but she was also very funny and very feminine(I got to do all the dissecting of critters because she wouldn't cut anything up). But, I also went to a school in a very white suburb, in which there weren't many blacks. The few blacks we had, mostly hung out together, and tended to share lockers in the same hallway. But she didn't hang out with the other black kids. She seemed almost annoyed by them

After that semester, I never really talked to her anymore, so I have no idea what happened to her. Never had any classes with her after that. I know she had a crush on me. She would always want to put her feet on my knees, across the table. And she always wanted my attention. But I wasn't exactly very outgoing back then, and tended to pull away when I felt uncomfortable, which made others feel like I didn't like them.

Anyway, outside of that girl, most of the black women I come into contact with, have been women from low-income housing areas. Who, tend to have very poor attitudes, and loud mouths. Beyond that, I've only had one job where I worked anywhere near black women, but it was a job that was like 95% men, and the few women who worked there tended to be very manly.

So yeah, maybe I have a bias based on personal experience.

I tend to have a mixed feeling about Hispanic women. My uncle married a girl from Guatemala, and she is incredibly sweet and smart(I honestly don't know how she puts up with him). She is basically a sort of light-skinned mestizo. But, many of the Hispanics I've met in this country, I just don't enjoy being around honestly. A lot of them have either bad attitudes, act like whores, or just aren't enjoyable to talk to.

Anyway, I think my attraction is largely based on assumptions based on appearances. I assume if you look a certain way, you'll have a certain kind of personality. Its difficult to overcome these assumptions, because there is such a strong correlation between appearance/speech characteristics and personality.

With that said. I still think that, on average, the female Caucasian phenotype is simply more attractive than any other phenotypes(that doesn't mean all Caucasians are attractive, I'm just talking averages). If you mix a little of some other race in, you maintain the Caucasian characteristics, but add maybe a little more curves, some skin pigment, and some exoticism... And I think that female Africans on average are the least attractive. Its really, the hair, the nose, in some cases the lips, and to some extent, the shape of the skull itself(for instance, a lot of Africans have very protruding teeth/sort of pointed chins, where their whole face sort of slants forward instead of coming down sort of parallel to the neck). As well as African women tending to have the most muscle definition, and generally more manly appearance.

I always think of it like athletes. If you ever look at female athletes of varying races. White female athletes usually still look fairly feminine. Even though Asians tend to be considered very feminine. Every time I look at a female Asian athlete, they almost always look like a man to me. And black female athletes, its really the same thing. Even if they have long hair, if I cover their hair and just look at their face, it looks like a mans face.

I always think of it like, some girls can shave their head and still look like girls. While other girls when they shave their head, are both ugly, and kind of manly. If you find a girl who still looks like a woman with a shaved head, keep her.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:06 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,925,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Well, I will say that I find plenty of black women to be attractive physically. But rarely have I ever met a black girl that I would actually want to talk to for more than five minutes.

With that said, the only black girl I ever remember spending any time with that was sort of dating material. Was this girl in my science class in high school. We sat at a big square table, two people on each side. And she sat across the table from me. She was very dark, but she was also very funny and very feminine(I got to do all the dissecting of critters because she wouldn't cut anything up). But, I also went to a school in a very white suburb, in which there weren't many blacks. The few blacks we had, mostly hung out together, and tended to share lockers in the same hallway. But she didn't hang out with the other black kids. She seemed almost annoyed by them

After that semester, I never really talked to her anymore, so I have no idea what happened to her. Never had any classes with her after that. I know she had a crush on me. She would always want to put her feet on my knees, across the table. And she always wanted my attention. But I wasn't exactly very outgoing back then, and tended to pull away when I felt uncomfortable, which made others feel like I didn't like them.

Anyway, outside of that girl, most of the black women I come into contact with, have been women from low-income housing areas. Who, tend to have very poor attitudes, and loud mouths. Beyond that, I've only had one job where I worked anywhere near black women, but it was a job that was like 95% men, and the few women who worked there tended to be very manly.

I tend to have a mixed feeling about Hispanic women. My uncle married a girl from Guatemala, and she is incredibly sweet and smart(I honestly don't know how she puts up with him). She is basically a sort of light-skinned mestizo. But, many of the Hispanics I've met in this country, I just don't enjoy being around honestly. A lot of them have either bad attitudes, act like whores, or just aren't enjoyable to talk to.

Anyway, I think my attraction is largely based on assumptions based on appearances. I assume if you look a certain way, you'll have a certain kind of personality. Its difficult to overcome these assumptions, because there is such a strong correlation between appearance/speech characteristics and personality.

With that said. I still think that, on average, the female Caucasian phenotype is simply more attractive than any other phenotypes(that doesn't mean all Caucasians are attractive, I'm just talking averages). If you mix a little of some other race in, you maintain the Caucasian characteristics, but add maybe a little more curves, some skin pigment, and some exoticism... And I think that female Africans on average are the least attractive. Its really, the hair, the nose, in some cases the lips, and to some extent, the shape of the skull itself(for instance, a lot of Africans have very protruding teeth/sort of pointed chins, where their whole face sort of slants forward instead of coming down sort of parallel to the neck). As well as African women tending to have the most muscle definition, and generally more manly appearance.

I always think of it like athletes. If you ever look at female athletes of varying races. White female athletes usually still look fairly feminine. Even though Asians tend to be considered very feminine. Every time I look at a female Asian athlete, they almost always look like a man to me. And black female athletes, its really the same thing. Even if they have long hair, if I cover their hair and just look at their face, it looks like a mans face.

I always think of it like, some girls can shave their head and still look like girls. While other girls when they shave their head, are both ugly, and kind of manly. If you find a girl who still looks like a woman with a shaved head, keep her.
WTH??????????????

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:11 PM

247 posts, read 355,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

See folks I am not making this stuff up It's not all in my head

Old 04-19-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
WTH??????????????

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Well, look at the girl someone linked earlier. Miss Israel. To be honest, if you trimmed the picture above the neck, covered up her tiara, and then imagined her without makeup or earrings. Then to me, it looks like a man.

As a general rule, a very large percentage of women who are models, to me, look kind of manly or at least boyish. And I'm not attracted to men.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:21 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,778,819 times
I don't share those views at all. Professional sportswomen are all little feminine, which is natural as muscles are the goal. Many of them take stuff that deliberately makes them more masculine. I have seen more than enough German sportswomen in my life, they were usually utterly unfeminine

Your whole way of looking at women in terms of physical appearance sounds a bit odd, like skull shape?! As long as a woman takes good care of herself and has some style, humor, and wits, such superficial differences (and it really is just differences, not pros and cons; Asians for instance find whites ugly because we have big noses, but we whites usually don't even notice that as we are used to it) get lost in the chemistry between two people.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
See folks I am not making this stuff up It's not all in my head
Well, I don't know wtf is wrong with some people. But they obviously don't even know what a female face is supposed to look like. Either that, or they are secretly attracted to men.

I think thats the problem with the era where people show off so much skin. We have a tendency to notice the nice body, and forget all about the dog face.

Probably too many twerking videos, where I never even see the face. I just imagine myself laying under them. No point in seeing her face.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:28 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,480,614 times
Let's make this a poll. who says crazier sh*t? Purple Rage or Redshadowz?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,927,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am actually very glad that you don't respond. The silence truly speaks VOLUMES. It means that I am correct in my assessment and I have obviously struck a huge vein of truth.

Let's just be honest here, your biracial sons NEVER would have even considered dating a dark skinned (or any other) Black girl. And the fact that ALL four of your Black/White biracial children chose non-Black mates speaks volumes as well. They are making certain to "wash" that Black out of the family line.
Uh; I DON'T thinks it's so much being "Black" that is the problem; more like the "hood rat or ghetto attitude" that so many Black people still have in 2013. The Black people who talk and act proper many times get called "Oreo" and so on by the hood rat kind and it's probably WORSE for the light skin mixed dudes and ladies.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't share those views at all. Professional sportswomen are all little feminine, which is natural as muscles are the goal. Many of them take stuff that deliberately makes them more masculine. I have seen more than enough German sportswomen in my life, they were usually utterly unfeminine

Your whole way of looking at women in terms of physical appearance sounds a bit odd, like skull shape?! As long as a woman takes good care of herself and has some style, humor, and wits, such superficial differences (and it really is just differences, not pros and cons; Asians for instance find whites ugly because we have big noses, but we whites usually don't even notice that as we are used to it) get lost in the chemistry between two people.

My nose is massive. Its a full-sized Roman nose, with a slight curve and a hook. Its beastly, godlike even. Rofl. Without intending to offend, I've been called a Jew by many a person, for having this amazing nose of mine.

But seriously, I'm just saying, there are a varieties of things we see as beautiful. If you watch the video from about 1 minute, you'll see just what I mean by the skull shape. And I don't really find it overly feminine or attractive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cM0qaICNV5U#t=64 s

I think you are sort of disregarding physical characteristics a little too much. Physical attraction is very important, it is what gets you interested. Her personality just seals the deal.

I don't care that much for style. But I will say, a women who is clean and takes some pride in her appearance is noticed. And if she is easy to talk to, she will find someone.

But lets be honest, unless you have lots of money, your relative attractiveness controls your options. Certain things do slightly elevate your standing, but you can't exactly turn a toad into a prince. I mean, if we are talking scales of 1-10. A girl who is a 5, can make herself seem more like a 7, if she basically dresses well, takes care of herself. But most men don't want high maintenance girls. So, you can't go too far with makeup and clothes, or you'll actually drive a lot of men away.

Thus, a man who is an 7, might date a girl who is a 5, just because she carries herself so well. But a man who is a 10 isn't going to date a 2, regardless of her personality.

Even with women, we joke about how attractive women will date men with money. And its true to an extent. But the girls who are 9-10 with a 1-2 guy, you don't really want anyway(they are usually just bad people). There are a lot of things that can raise a man's attractiveness to women, and non-physical characteristics have a larger effect on woman's feelings towards men, than the other way around. But, you people act like physical attractiveness means nothing, or means very little, but it does.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,927,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
Even if I had a boyfriend, I still would not have the ideal skin color or hair texture.
Who cares what others think? If your BF likes YOU: hair, dark skin and all, you've got it made. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies